• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guypatterson
    230 Tornado
    • May 29, 2015

Water Leaking Around Scuff Plate Screws

So I noticed that my carpet was wet after a heavy rain. After finding a few rust spots starting to show, I take up all of my carpet to fix the rust and any leaks.

Everything is going great, but I know water was coming in through the screws on the inside scuff plate. I've got new screws, but any suggestions on how to make sure water doesn't continue seep in? I'm thinking about somehow sealing them from the bottom after I put everything back together (epoxy? undercoating?).

• Tripwire
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jul 30, 2000

its probably leaking at the top of the door seal and running down under the plate
    Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• stonehengeheels
      327 Rambler
      • Jan 03, 2009

Myself and several other FSJ owners also believe the water runs down the door and over the floor door gasket. If I park mine facing downhill it is a guaranteed leak. If I park uphill I never get a leak. I don't think the floor part of the gasket seals well.
      Steve
      '87 GW (Totaled)
      '90 GW (Under renovation)
      '00 GC Laredo (Totaled)
      '02 GC Laredo (Sold)
      '67 Dodge Coronet Convertible 440/727/3.55

Comment

Working...
      X