International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Classifieds > "Look Here" for Parts, Vehicles and Vendors > Customer Corner: (Vendor product discussions)

Old 09-17-2012, 11:55 AM

Another bad review of Team Grandwagoneer

Ordered a hood cable assembly and a new air cleaner assembly from them. A week or so later, after parts from other vendors had arrived, I called them because the order was still listed on their site as "pending." Girl on the phone put me on hold for a long timee and then told me she'd have to check the warehouse for some reason but would call me back.

Never heard back from them.

Just called again today--12 days after placing my order, with it still listed as "pending" on their site--girl answers and immediately puts me on hold for five minutes or so. Then she comes back on and drills me for my information. When we get to my name she says "Oh yeah I've been trying to call you" (I have no missed calls) "we don't have the air cleaner assembly you ordered so you'll have to order that directly from the vendor."

That's some real shoddy service. I went ahead and cancelled my order. Will just go through BJs and Amazon whenever possible.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:57 PM
350 Buick

Our job with the Jeeps is strong enough, we do not need such supliers, sometimes we must wehen there is no other, but if we can choose, we always should take the supplier with best votings and support.

by the way: i have done last week my first purchase at rockauto, and was more than happy, which service they give the customer! the tracking for the shipping is one of the best i ever saw (FedEx), they have one overjoyed customer more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrendelGrey
Ordered a hood cable assembly and a new air cleaner assembly from them. A week or so later, after parts from other vendors had arrived, I called them because the order was still listed on their site as "pending." Girl on the phone put me on hold for a long timee and then told me she'd have to check the warehouse for some reason but would call me back.

Just called again today--12 days after placing my order, with it still listed as "pending" on their site--girl answers and immediately puts me on hold for five minutes or so. Then she comes back on and drills me for my information. When we get to my name she says "Oh yeah I've been trying to call you" (I have no missed calls) "we don't have the air cleaner assembly you ordered so you'll have to order that directly from the vendor."

That's some real shoddy service. I went ahead and cancelled my order. Will just go through BJs and Amazon whenever possible.

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Note: Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson

Cherokee Chief Laredo, 360 cui, selec trac, black, 12/1982

Picture story:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823...eat=directlink
Old 09-17-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cma
by the way: i have done last week my first purchase at rockauto, and was more than happy, which service they give the customer! the tracking for the shipping is one of the best i ever saw (FedEx), they have one overjoyed customer more!

I have always had good experiences with RockAuto in the past few years. Reasonable prices, good customer service, and I've never ordered something from them that was listed as in-stock and then received an email that it would be on back order for at least two months after they already charged my credit card. -Unlike TeamGrandWagoneer.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Master Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrendelGrey

Maybe she had your phone number wrong... it happpens. With any of these specialty vendors, bjs, etc... it pays to ask if the items are in stock before ordering.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Absolutely ask before ordering. I've had the same thing happen at both BJ's and TGW. TGW is a bit bigger and has more manpower than BJ's but mistakes will always happen. Lesson learned, just call and ask first. A 5 minute call avoids 2 weeks of aggravation.
1997 Ram 1500 5.2 33in Falken Rocky Mounts for haulin
Old 09-27-2012, 12:04 PM

An update:

Since I didn't call before ordering, I thought I should give TGW another chance and I made a new order. I'm happy to say this second order shipped almost immediately and was at my door about 5 days after the order. Can't really ask for better than that!
Old 09-27-2012, 01:15 PM
350 Buick

do they have a minimum order value?

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Note: Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson

Cherokee Chief Laredo, 360 cui, selec trac, black, 12/1982

Picture story:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823...eat=directlink
Old 05-27-2014, 06:08 PM

Smile

They have gone through some growing pains and their service has gotten way better. It's good to have them as compeiition to the other "vendor " who monitors this forum. I have talked to them about price matching also and it has gotten positive reviews. We have done close to 5k with them in the past 3 months and so far so good. We had one issue with a window flex strip but they apologized and sent a replacement.
We are in the process of restoring 3 of our trucks and am very thankful for their help.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:02 PM
AMC 4 OH! 1

GLAD IT WORKED OUT FOR YOU GRENDEL!! =)

Bashes one, dotes on another. Same kind of situation, just personal outcome?

A little on the nose or ring around the collar. Me thinks it doth be in the depth perception.

Haven't bought anything from TGW myself. Prices have been better elsewhere thus far; not ruling them out though.
Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206
Old 06-21-2014, 12:11 PM

FWIW

I've ordered about three times from them in the past few months, and have always gotten everything I ordered shipped out quickly and arrived on time.

Typically you can find the same thing at a slightly better price elsewhere, but the hard thing is finding it all in one location, to avoid paying shipping charges at three different places.

So, FWIW, my experience has been great with them.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:00 PM

I think they changed employees since the OP and got one that actually gets the job done instead of playing solitaire all day long, expecting a fat paycheck.