• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vintagetrks
    304 AMC
    • May 01, 2009

Lift Blocks Question

I need some advice Please. Recently I was talking with a fellow Jeeper about getting a little more lift on my heep. I don't want much just an inch as I already have a rancho 3in spring lift. So it was suggested to go with 1in lift blocks in the rear and 1in lift shackles from BJ's. I decided to go this route and got the 1in shackles and U bolts have'nt installed them yet as I'm concerned about axle wrap. My question is. Should I be very concerned as I'm only going with the 1in blocks? Just want to be safe but don't have the money for the extra springs.
    New Full Size Jeep Nut

I'm just a washed up old has been, Army guy.
    My opinions are outdated... After all, what have I done lately? I used to be somebody "A SOLDIER!"

04 Jeep Wrangler "Lil Ninja" 32's 2in lift swaybar disconnects
    90 Grand Wagoneer "Big Mama"
  • PlasticBoob
    All Makes Combined
    • Jun 30, 2003

I wouldn't worry about it. I was basically forced to go with blocks because my year uses odd springs. I went with even larger blocks to replace the ones included in the Rusty's AAL 4" lift I bought. I have slight wrap but it's not bad at all. As long as you're not constantly punching it I think you'll be fine. JMO.
    Rob
    1974 Cherokee S, fuel injected 401, Trans-am Red, Aussie locker 'out back'
    Click for video

Comment

• 68glad
      350 Buick
      • Jun 01, 2006

Run it. Look at the new p/u's from the factory. They got way bigger ones. Even the old ford's had about a 2.5" block that doubled as a bumpstop.
      68 gladiator- 455/400/20 r.i.p.
      78 wagoneer- 401, drw60, drw70, 203/205, 38's, oba, obw, hydroboost, dual p/s pump, bla bla bla

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

Comment

• grand_wag_85
        Murphy's Law Poster Child
        • Dec 03, 2003

Make sure you torque the u bolts down tight! The bolts on mine came loose, the blocks shifted and every time I took off from a stop or came to a stop the axle would shift front to back and it wasted my pinion seal.
        You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
        '88 GW
        '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

Working...
        X