• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PBG928
    232 I6
    • Jul 29, 2016

Oil pressure light wiring

I replaced motor on my 86 GW and installed new oil pressure light sending unit(two pole) and the larger oil pressure gauge sending unit that has one pole. Oil pressure gauge is now working fine. I really do not need idiot light but since I bought unit I might as well hook it up. It has the rubber cup with two female connectors fed by orange wire that is hot when ignition is on. Other wire is green/white and runs through harness and ends in vicinity of carburetor. As I have a Holley Sniper and Hyperspark most engine wiring is unnecessary. In checking two other 89 wiring harnesses I have it is the same setup with the green and whit wire stopping near carburetor with either a female connector or ring terminal added by previous owner. Other than the old electric choke I do not know what the green/white wire would connect to. If I test unit with power to orange wire on one side and ground green/white wire nothing happens, I assume idiot light would come on when engine is not running. All thoughts appreciated. Thanks
    1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer(sold)
    1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1978 Jeep CJ-5 (sold)
    1968 AM General M35 (Sold)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
  • Ristow
    • Jan 20, 2006

the 2 prong sender is the choke hot lead. its done that way so the choke has power only if the engine is running.
    Originally posted by Hankrod
    Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• PBG928
      232 I6
      • Jul 29, 2016

Makes sense. With EFI I obviously do not need it. Thanks.
      1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
      1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer(sold)
      1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
      1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
      1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
      1978 Jeep CJ-5 (sold)
      1968 AM General M35 (Sold)
      Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Comment

Working...
      X