78 Wagoneer, Building a driver! New Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
      304 AMC
      • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
      Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
        304 AMC
        • Jul 20, 2014

Link to a video of exhaust sound. click on video to hear sound
        Last edited by Full Size Jeeper; 07-23-2019, 06:59 PM.
        1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• chubbinius
          258 I6
          • Oct 31, 2018

That looks like a nice exhaust set up, being able to drop the y-pipe is a nice touch!
          1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
          -Dauntless 350 V8
          -D27 front/D44 rear
          2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
            304 AMC
            • Jul 20, 2014

Getting back on the body and paint. Pulled the hood out and started sanding on it this evening. Hope to get it in primer tomorrow.
            1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
              304 AMC
              • Jul 20, 2014

The under side is in rough shape. The guy that primes the under side of the hoods was on a smoke break when my Wagoneer passed through.
              The light color is bare metal, dark is surface rust. A lot of the paint just blew off with a blow gun.
              1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                304 AMC
                • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Driftwood
                  350 Buick
                  • Jun 12, 2000

I have a 1964 hood in storage. It came with the Rhino grill and Valance that I installed on my 79. I'll be watching your efforts here closely!

Originally posted by Full Size Jeeper
                  Getting back on the body and paint. Pulled the hood out and started sanding on it this evening. Hope to get it in primer tomorrow.
                  1979 Wagoneer

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                    Administrator
                    • Oct 31, 2016

Originally posted by Full Size Jeeper
                    The under side is in rough shape. The guy that primes the under side of the hoods was on a smoke break when my Wagoneer passed through.
                    Hahahaha!!! Mine too! It looks just as surface rusty as yours. My firewall was the same way, too (no primer)
                    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                    (Cherokee Build Thread)
                    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                    00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                      304 AMC
                      • Jul 20, 2014

Was able to get some paint on the under side of the hood today.
                      1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                        304 AMC
                        • Jul 20, 2014

The hood bracing and latch I painted the same color as the engine block.The color is cast iron by VHT. I think it looks pretty good.
                        1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                          304 AMC
                          • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                            304 AMC
                            • Jul 20, 2014

Going to let it dry for a week before I flip it over and start on the other side. I will start on the front fenders while waiting on this.
                            1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                              304 AMC
                              • Jul 20, 2014

Hood braces and latch back on.
                              1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                                304 AMC
                                • Jul 20, 2014

Was able to spend about an hour sanding on one of the fenders. Has one bad dent kind of where the bumper wraps around the fender. Looks like a branch or something got jammed in between the fender and bumper while trail riding. I'am going to work on the dent when I get off of work tomorrow.
                                1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

Working...
                                X