• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dome
    304 AMC
    • Apr 06, 2000

1977 Cherokee Chief - Lea Adams

The 1977 chief is a new addition to my family. The original engine was a 401, but is now in the boyfriends CJ7. (That was part of the deal).

How I came across the chief? My boyfriend was on the search for a 401 to put in his CJ7. Scanning the ads we came across a great deal for the Cherokee. We went and checked it out, and the body was in great shape. A little rust on the wheel flares and a spot here and there on the body, but perfectly straight!!! After careful consideration, we walked away without the Chief. My boyfriend felt that he would put time and money into fixing up the chief, which would take away from the CJ. There was something about that truck that just said I had to have it! So the next day my boyfriend and I worked out "The Deal". I would give him the 401, and I would take the 304 from the CJ. He would buy the chief, I would pay him back in installments minus some money for the 401, but he needed to help me rebuild the motor. We agreed, and now I have The Chief. The motors have been swapped out, it runs, but not perfect yet. I haven?t started any body work, but wheels and tires are next on the list once the engine is purring. I must say those Indian emblems are sooo cool!
    83 Wagoneer Limited (R.I.P)
    360, TF727, NP228
    SOA, 35's, WT Axles, 4.10 gears, Detroit Locker
Working...
X