X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OutrageGIS
    258 I6
    • Feb 26, 2011

Cool technology on the current generation, would exercise caution when working on powertrain, most systems run 200-300 volts dc. Enough to ruin your shorts and leave your shoes smoking!
    79 Cherokee, 360, QT, Stocky

At Large Board Member, Central South-East Jurisdiction, Elijah Craig Chapter, Bluegrass Division, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• Raliegh Montebello
      232 I6
      • Sep 17, 2011

Common Sense Not Required by Evan Boberg was a good read. He spent a fair portion of his career at Chrysler researching hybrids and evs. ChryCo's findings after they reverse engineered a second gen Prius are surprising.
      Doug Moak

Comment

• vacaisle
        snide. snarky. grease covered.
        • Mar 18, 2013

Originally posted by Raliegh Montebello
        Common Sense Not Required by Evan Boberg was a good read. He spent a fair portion of his career at Chrysler researching hybrids and evs. ChryCo's findings after they reverse engineered a second gen Prius are surprising.
        Do tell!
        89 Grand Wagoneer
        145,000 miles, TFI, MSD 6a

Comment

• Ristow
          • Jan 20, 2006

what's also funny is most of the electricity used to charge these stupid things is coal,and then natural gas fired. coal is really poo-poo'ed by the prius crowd. i guess ignorance is bliss.

watch these prius drivers some time. wanna talk out to lunch....
          Originally posted by Hankrod
          Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
          ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• vacaisle
            • Mar 18, 2013

Originally posted by Ristow
            what's also funny is most of the electricity used to charge these stupid things is coal,and then natural gas fired. coal is really poo-poo'ed by the prius crowd. i guess ignorance is bliss.

watch these prius drivers some time. wanna talk out to lunch....
            I don't think it's fair to judge the technology just because a bunch of buttheads drive them. Agreed, most people that drive these cars are clueless as to what's actually going on behind the scenes but I still stand by my original point...I think they're cool. Not Prius' or hybrids but straight up electric cars. For my purposes, I'd save a lot of money. That's what it's all about for me...money.
            89 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• vacaisle
              • Mar 18, 2013

Maybe I should just get a little electric scooter. That's be the cheapest route. Then I could drive the truck in the winter and when it rains.
              89 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• vacaisle
                • Mar 18, 2013

Nah!! I'd never drive one of those to work.
                89 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• Ristow
                  • Jan 20, 2006

i'm not judging the tech. let it develop. just don't try to convince me how great it is for the environment,or that it's a viable replacement for the internal combustion engine.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• vacaisle
                    • Mar 18, 2013

Originally posted by Tripwire
                    all I am saying - you "pay the man" for it in the end no matter which way you swing
                    He said it the best. They're gonna get you somehow in the end. And I agree it's not a replacement for a gas engine. But one day I bet all us gas engine folks are going to be the minority. Kind of like listening to old 78's on a victrola or wax cylinders for that matter. I'd like to start understanding it more now before I become one of the blind masses turning it in for a new one after two years. (Like my iPhone)
                    89 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• Ristow
                      • Jan 20, 2006

i'll worry about understanding it when it works better than what we have. understanding it now is akin to buying a beta player or laser disc player back when those were gonna be the new big thing.

here's a tip. if the government has to subsidize it to make it more appealing....it doesn't work.

Comment

• vacaisle
                        • Mar 18, 2013

i'll worry about understanding it when it works better than what we have. understanding it now is akin to buying a beta player or laser disc player back when those were gonna be the new big thing.

here's a tip. if the government has to subsidize it to make it more appealing....it doesn't work.
                        Ha!! Laser disc player...good analogy man!
                        89 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• Bill J
                          232 I6
                          • May 25, 2005

For a lot of people its the money. I use to work for a medium size landscaping company, when gas prices starting shooting up, they were gonna buy a Prius to do estimates and small errands in, but it was cheaper, even with the fuel efficiency hit, to buy a Corolla. They also starting buying gas pickups instead of the diesels, because of the cost, as most of you know, a diesel costs more upfront, and the overall fuel savings over the life of the truck did not warrant the extra up front cost.
                          1989 Grand Wagoneer, Sold
                          1997 Wrangler TJ
                          2004 Honda Accord
                          2012 Honda Odyssey

?This car is a squadron of nuts and bolts flying together in loose formation.? - Colin Beer

www.colinmichaelfund.org

Comment

• kyamcalvert
                            232 I6
                            • Aug 31, 2010

i'm not judging the tech. let it develop. just don't try to convince me how great it is for the environment,or that it's a viable replacement for the internal combustion engine.
                            BOOM.

"That smelly old Jeep pollutes the environment!!!"

But your 25 thousand dollar death-battery mobile is dandy. Don't mind all the coal-burning, petroleum products, extreme amounts of electricity, straight-up gasoline prices, etc. etc. ETC ETC that went into the production of that...ahem...THOSE super-eco-fun-time vehicles!

But, re-using a 40 year old vehicle is irresponsible..

"Big ugly smelly diesel make black smoke! Diesel bad! Torch and pitchfork!!! ME LOVE TREE"

These people COMPLETELY accept the truth...so long as it is kept far behind that there big black curtain...
                            Kyam (that's kye-um)

1982 Wagoneer Brougham
                            258/T176/219/Weber 32/36

Comment

• e_digg
                              258 I6
                              • Oct 26, 2009

Some people that drive these cars want others to know that they are driving a hybrid or all electric (except the Tesla owners). The Prius is by far the ugliest darn car out there. They want everyone to know they are driving one. When they changed the look after the first year, nobody bought one so Toyota changed it back to the original. The same thing goes for some Solar Power users. I have been told many times that some people want the panels on the front of their house so everybody can see that they are eco friendly even if the panels would be more efficient in a different area of the roof that was less visible.
                              1991 Grand Wagoneer
                              My 91 Phoenix Build Thread

Comment

The looks of the Prius always make me wonder if the Pontiac Aztec was intended to be electric because it's so ugly too!
                                Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                                X