• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slick Willie
    350 Buick
    • Apr 06, 2005

Texas College Weekend

February 16-18 is a big event out at Katemcy in Mason, Tx. Texas Tech Offroad has coordinated a large run with Saturday night entertainment such as a band, dinner, raffle, etc sponsored by Krawltex Motorsports of Austin. Wheeling at Katemcy is rated the top 3 in Texas for rock crawling. Their website is www.katemcyrocks.com where they have pictures, entry fee information, etc. It sounds like at least one magazine will be there for coverage also. For the event, you have to pre register and pay $20 on http://www.techoffroad.com/collegeweekend.htm through Google checkout. That inclueds t-shirt, meal, raffle, etc. Then, when you get to Katemcy, you pay the weekend fees. Their package deal is $50 for wheeling your rig on Saturday and some of Sunday, and camping Friday and Saturday night. It's a college weekend, so the crowd will be younger party people, but it's still an open weekend to all. There will be vehicles from 2 door tahoes on 33's all the way to moon buggies and tube buggies. This place is stock friendly, but also for hardcore. More details and threads can be found on www.techoffroad.com , www.longhornoffroad.com , www.tamor.org , www.lonestar4x4.net , and www.krawltex.com If you plan on going, please register soon to reserve your t shirt and to give them an idea of how much food to get.

Last edited by Slick Willie; 01-31-2007, 10:26 PM.
    -Will
    '86 Wagoneer 360/727/Stak 3 speed/HP60/FF14/welded 4.10's/~3" Front Springs/Chevy 63's/42's/hummer beadlocks/topless/8 point cage/half doors

Originally posted by rockjeep44
    After this weekend chicks are gonna need suspenders to keep their panties up when I roll in
  • 83waggy
    232 I6
    • Mar 23, 2006

Ill be there with a few guys from TAMOR. And you dont even need 33's to go out there, i made it fine on Aggie highway with a land rover on 31 A/Ts (3" lift) and a few people have even made it in completely stock vehicles. And on the other hand theres courses nasty enough for the most hardcore buggys. The place is amazing and its definitely worth the trip at least once. See yall out there
    83 wagoneer, 360/727/229, d44/open, amc20/locked, 6" lift, 33x12.50x15 mt/r's, sebring seats, edelbrock cam and intake, holley 470 truck avenger, holley elec fuel pump, taurus elec fan, hydroboost, various dents/dings/scratches
    Texas A&M Off-Road

Comment

• Michael
      AMC 4 OH! 1

• Sep 11, 2001

I have been there once....make sure you take some tires that have good traction and you do not care about...it will tear them up. Great place, I wish I could make it but my rig is well being modified. I would like to make it there again some day. It is rough on stock rigs and wags.....your overhang will kill you. Good luck....it is a blast.
      1994 YJ
      Amc 360
      TF727
      Stak 3 speed
      44" Pitbull Rockers on Trailworthy H1's
      Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
      401....new project

Tow Rig Daily Driver// 2007 6.7 CTD Dually

Comment

• Slick Willie
        350 Buick
        • Apr 06, 2005

9 more days!
        -Will
        '86 Wagoneer 360/727/Stak 3 speed/HP60/FF14/welded 4.10's/~3" Front Springs/Chevy 63's/42's/hummer beadlocks/topless/8 point cage/half doors

Originally posted by rockjeep44
        After this weekend chicks are gonna need suspenders to keep their panties up when I roll in

Comment

Working...
        X