• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serious Johnson
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • May 19, 2002

Originally posted by FSJ Guy
    Isn't it just how to install a GM based TBI unit? It shouldn't be all that different.
    Yeah it ain't rocket surgery, but some of John's wiring and programming differed from standard GM, and it would be nice to have a reference before investing a lot of time figuring it out.

S.J.
    "Carpe Mañana".

'83 Wagoneer
    360, .030-over, K8600 cam, Crane springs, ported heads, Edelbrock Performer, G.M. TBI, TFI, 3" exhaust,
    T-18a/208, D44/AMC 20 w/ limited slip in both, 3.73s, 33s, BDS 4" springs, Rancho 9000 shocks, etc., etc.

Comment

• FSJ Guy
      • Mar 20, 2005

Originally posted by Serious Johnson
      Yeah it ain't rocket surgery, but some of John's wiring and programming differed from standard GM, and it would be nice to have a reference before investing a lot of time figuring it out.

S.J.
      Different? How? You should be able to look up the pin-out diagrams for whatever ECM is being used.

I checked out a harness for a friend of mine who purchased one of his kits and found that it matched up perfectly for a 1227747 ECM even though it used a different ECM. No, I don't remember what ECM it came with. I switched it out for the '7747 ECM.

Aside from the Embedded Lockers (www.dynamicefi.com), I don't think the pin-out should be any different from a standard GM ECM.
      Ethan Brady
      1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

• jaber
        Dragin Az
        • Oct 17, 2003

Originally posted by Walt
        I think I've still got one, but I don't have a good password to open it. He protected it with some kind of hokey e-book program so that it's an exe and requires a password to view. If you guys have an unprotected version I' like a copy!
        Username: brandon

Password: 05170201

This is the one he sent me and his site had the info. once there, I printed it up 1) to have at the Jeep while do the install and 2) to have a hard copy. I used his install along with the Binderplanets to TBI the Caddy engine. His kit is based off the GM system. If I can help, just shoot me a PM.
        Jeff

'43 cj2a
        '51 Willys p/u
        '51 Willys Parkway Conversion
        '68 Panel Delivery
        '74 CJ5
        '75 J-20 Wrecker
        '75 J-20 Cummins service bed
        '77 J-10 p/u
        '79 Cherokee
        '88 Grand Wagoneer
        '98 Grand Cherokee

Comment

• ahhorner
          230 Tornado
          • Mar 26, 2016

Hey all, I know this is an older thread, but I'm hoping it will reach out to those who may know. I'm trying to get a hold of TPIGuy but haven't had any luck. I tried his ls website and the pm on this forum. The email he had on this forum was returned to me as an error that it didn't exist.

Comment

• chrism
            327 Rambler
            • Apr 07, 2002

Has not been around for a long time. I used to have one of his systems a long time ago. Its basic GM TBI stuff. We can probably help you out if you have questions.
            1979 Cherokee
            1979 CJ-7

Comment

• ahhorner
              230 Tornado
              • Mar 26, 2016

I was mainly looking to see if he did a bolt on tpi kit for an amc 401. I may have misunderstood exactly what he did, but more or less was looking for that preferably bolt since time to redrill everything.

Comment

• ahhorner
                230 Tornado
                • Mar 26, 2016

TPIGuy

I sent a reply so I apologize if there ends up being 2 replies. I'm pretty much pressed on time. I've had my jeep since I was 13 so 16 years and have been collecting parts for it. Fortunately I have the opportunity to actually start on it and wasn't sure I would be allowed to make my own in class so I was looking for a bolt on TPI kit for my 401. I may have misunderstood what he did exactly, but for the most part, that's what I am searching for.

Comment

• babywag
                  out of order
                  • Jun 08, 2005

There is only a few bolt on MPFI systems for AMC that I'm aware of.

Edelbrock has the ProFlo 2 system
                  Pro-M also has one

Edelbrock is the most respected name in performance! Since 1938, Edelbrock has manufactured its core products in the USA for quality and performance.

Many other options for fuel injection without spending a fortune.
                  Tony
                  88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

Working...
                  X