• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SnowShoe
    350 Buick
    • Feb 24, 2008

Shipping grills

I need to know how i could best package a complete full size jeep grill.

Do golf bags get shipped in boxes when new? Could maybe combine two to make one box....!!!!

Lost for good ideas...

I have some muscle grills I will be offering up when I get this figured out.
  • ProTouring442
    327 Rambler
    • Mar 15, 2011

Originally posted by SnowShoe
    I need to know how i could best package a complete full size jeep grill.

Do golf bags get shipped in boxes when new? Could maybe combine two to make one box....!!!!

Lost for good ideas...

I have some muscle grills I will be offering up when I get this figured out.

If it were me, I would use 1X6 (or 8, etc) to build the outside of the "box."

Then span the top and bottom with cardboard stapled or screwed to the boards (and maybe glued, too).
    You ever wonder what medieval cook looked at the guts of a pig and thought, "I bet if you washed out that poop tube, you could stuff it with meat and eat it."

Comment

• ShagWagon
      350 Buick
      • Apr 10, 2016

I bought one from someone and they just bubble wrapped it.

Worked great!
      87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
        360 AMC
        • Oct 02, 2002

You guys must not be using UPS. They could destroy a block of titanium.

I would make a simple frame from lumber that would allow you to surround it and be wrapped safely then skin it with the press board like pegboard with no holes. I get that stuff at Home Depot. It would be a little bit of expense in materials but probably nothing compared to a damaged grill that was now not usable. I also try to use Fed EX as they have a hand set down policy. UPS is a terrible shipper. I avoid them if possible.
        Melford1972 says...
        I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
        -----------------------
        I make wag parts
        1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
        1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
        1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
        1968 M715 restomod
        2001 Dodge 3500
        2002 Toyota Tundra
        2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
        Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp