Natural Environment... Post some PICS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZackN920
    350 Buick
    • Nov 18, 2015

Natural Environment... Post some PICS!!!

Hey, lets see some FSJ's in their "Natural Environment"! Offroad! any kind! Whether it's like mine here, "mild" (in the little forest out back) or something EXTREME like some big rock crawling!

I'll get us started! These are from a couple of days ago.
    Some FLEX

In the woods

Man, I have a serious problem, don't ya think? I took around 60 picture's in that photo session.

Well, post on up guy's! Love seeing pics of other FSJ's in the wild Big + for others in the snow!
    1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
    Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
    ...in pieces for more rust repair...
  • Mass
    232 I6
    • Sep 26, 2017

This is it's natural environment for the next month or so till I can rebuild the transmission. Like my 4x8 garage? ..yeah me neither.
    89' GW 6BT Cummins

Comment

• 8man
      304 AMC
      • Jan 04, 2011

Ok, that was the one I was waiting for. Good job!
      79 Cherokee S (current project)
      82 Cherokee (parts for the 79)

Member FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• fulsizjeep
        Señor Jackhead
        • Aug 21, 2002

My 4x8 garage has a 10x10 roof.

Flint
        Ran when parked.
        http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
        88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
        76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
        http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

Those of you on my FB page can see my Panarama view of my cabin and Black Jack
          Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• Driftwood
            350 Buick
            • Jun 12, 2000

1979 Wagoneer

Comment

• Mpower5266
              230 Tornado
              • Nov 28, 2018

I don't know if I am aloud to post pics yet since Im a newbie but here is the 77 wag my dad and I just finished up. This is about as off road as its going to get.

IMG_6409 by Nick Wood, on Flickr

Comment

• mwood65
                258 I6
                • Jul 17, 2017

I don't have any pics right now but the natural enviroment for my 74' Cherokee is up on ramps with a piece of carpet under it to lay on.....

Comment

• SlowGear
                  232 I6
                  • Jan 12, 2013

Looking for a photo of mine at a gas station. Pretty much lives there.
                  Mike

88 Grand Wagoneer
                  Bone stock - except the missing stuff

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                    360 AMC
                    • Oct 02, 2002

Here is my 69 X model on the Rubicon in the 90's. My CJ was down and I had to go no matter what. I later wished I had rode shotgun with someone else in the crowd. I broke a front spring, ruined a perfectly good rocker panel, bent up a bumper and spent the entire week looking for a replacement spring. I ended up using a FJ60 front set with the center hole redrilled. Actually those were good springs. All on the way to the backside of Loon lake through the granite bowl. I never made the rest of the trail, so I sat in camp and tested my liver...--

Before the Rubicon and axle upgrades to a rear narrowed Dana 60 and a 79 wag dana 44 front axle converted to 5 lug to keep it original lug pattern.
                    And it sits in the garage 25 feet from me and has not been driven in 25 plus years now. Ugh..... I miss it. It will live again someday...

Melford1972 says...
                    I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
                    -----------------------
                    I make wag parts
                    1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                    1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
                    1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
                    1968 M715 restomod
                    2001 Dodge 3500
                    2002 Toyota Tundra
                    2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
                    Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp

Comment

Last edited by Carnuck; 12-16-2018, 04:18 PM.
                      Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• ZackN920
                        350 Buick
                        • Nov 18, 2015

Originally posted by Mass
                        This is it's natural environment for the next month or so till I can rebuild the transmission. Like my 4x8 garage? ..yeah me neither.
                        Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                        My 4x8 garage has a 10x10 roof.
                        Aww, that sucks guys. That's unnatural- and the work spaces are just terrible. Sucks to have broken down Jeeps Good luck getting them going asap, don't freeze out there. I hate working outside on the gravel like that. Even working in the unheated building is a pain if its 20* outside.

Driftwood- that first pic is BLASPHAMIE The next 2--sweet

Hey Mpower5266, welcome to the site! That's a very nice looking Wagoneer! don't know where you started from with it, but Great Job to you guys That pic is a great "natural environment" shot. Out in the forest, with a Christmas tree on top. Looks like it belongs in a calendar!

Originally posted by mwood65
                        I don't have any pics right now but the natural environment for my 74' Cherokee is up on ramps with a piece of carpet under it to lay on.....
                        That's unnatural and terrible at the same time... Good luck with what ever your fixing! Get eR Done!

Originally posted by SlowGear
                        Looking for a photo of mine at a gas station. Pretty much lives there.
                        I hope not unless your REALLY putting on the miles!

Kaiserjeeps- Cool pics, thanks for sharing. Good back story too. Sucks about the incidents, and to read that you haven't driven that poor SJ in 25 years.

Carnuck, I don't do facebook, so cant comment on yours.

This is great guys! Thanks for posting, Now how about you lurker's, I see a bunch have been looking around here... Get posting them FSJ's!
                        Last edited by ZackN920; 12-10-2018, 09:07 PM.
                        1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
                        Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
                        ...in pieces for more rust repair...

Comment

• PlasticBoob
                          All Makes Combined
                          • Jun 30, 2003

Great rigs guys. Especially digging Driftwood's canoe shot.

Here's the best I can do. Can't wait to get back in the game one of these days.

Rob
                          1974 Cherokee S, fuel injected 401, Trans-am Red, Aussie locker 'out back'
                          Click for video

Comment

• Driftwood
                            350 Buick
                            • Jun 12, 2000

Rob, your 1974 Cherokee NT is SWEET!
                            1979 Wagoneer

Comment

• Driftwood
                              350 Buick
                              • Jun 12, 2000

I know, I know. But at this point I had a 400 mile trip to make. The 79 had been parked in a barn for approx 3 years and I was alone with no one else to follow me if I had driven it. And it was hot that day. About 90 degrees.I couldn't take chances. Trust me. It will NEVER be towed again on my watch.

Heck, I watched nervously as the Armada's transmission temp gauge kept climbing as I drove over the Blues in Eastern Oregon that day.

Originally posted by ZackN920
                              Driftwood- that first pic is BLASPHAMIE The next 2--sweet
                              1979 Wagoneer

Comment

Working...
                              X