78 Wagoneer, Building a driver! New Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

Going to try and pull the glass over the quarters tonight. I hope they are rust free, we will see.
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• bwwhaler
      258 I6
      • Apr 17, 2012

I feel your pain, I have major rust on top and bottom of passenger side A pillar.. I cut one off of a junker so, I have a replacement if needed. Just can't pull it and do it, I'm a novice welder and I know that is going to be pretty major surgery. I am following to see how you do with it, by the way, excellent build.
      87 GW 360 performer intake Holley 670 HEI
      Razor Grill 4"BJ's springs 32's CS-144 Serehill's light and tailgate harness

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
        304 AMC
        • Jul 20, 2014

Cleaned up and painted my steering shaft. Rattle canned it with a color called cast iron. Also pulled out one of the quarter glass on one side and no rust!
        1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
        Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
          304 AMC
          • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• bkilby
            350 Buick
            • Jan 10, 2016

Cast Iron is a cool color. I painted my exhaust manifolds that color. Nice work!
            1974 Cherokee S. It's driving but needs more work. As usual!

Comment

• davidt443
              232 I6
              • Oct 18, 2017

Following this build. Fantastic work!
              Check out my 1979 Cherokee Build vlog!
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6D...juwywI08WMjlnw

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                304 AMC
                • Jul 20, 2014

Was having trouble the whole time I have been painting with the harbor freight spray gun. Could never get the spray pattern correct. A friend of mine that paints a little was at the house so he went over the set up with me again and then he noticed something on the gun. Some of the air holes are not symmetrical.
                1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                  304 AMC
                  • Jul 20, 2014

So I brought it back and looked at the same model and the holes were aligned correctly. They swapped it out with no problem. This is the new one.

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                    304 AMC
                    • Jul 20, 2014

Put some paint on my hood hinges and it was like night and day. New gun is working great.
                    1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                      304 AMC
                      • Jul 20, 2014

The body mounts came in today, Thanks BJ's 4x4! Got after it and with my sons help we got the body back on the frame.
                      1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                        304 AMC
                        • Jul 20, 2014

The uprights are off and the cart is ready to be pulled!
                        1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                          304 AMC
                          • Jul 20, 2014

Out of order, but this is the Wagoneer hanging from the barn.
                          1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                            304 AMC
                            • Jul 20, 2014

No going back now.
                            1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                              304 AMC
                              • Jul 20, 2014

Working the frame back under her.
                              1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                                304 AMC
                                • Jul 20, 2014

Just have a few body bolts in right now. Going to buy new bolts and washers later in the week.
                                1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

Working...
                                X