• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crispyboy
    304 AMC
    • May 14, 2002

windshield leak

had a new gasket installed with a new windshield, windshield now leaks along the top edge.
    Is there any type of sealant that can be used to help this situation? How would it be applied?
    Steve<br />1986 J-20 360 cid/auto, trac-loc, custom efis tbi, flowkooler, aluminum cross flow radiator, rhino-liner, working AC. <br />1990 GW trac-loc, Engle cam and aluminum cross flow radiator.
    <br /><br />\"The best Jeeps came from the past when gay meant you were happy and Aids was an appetite suppressant"
  • Jeephopper
    232 I6
    • Apr 20, 2004

rtv silicone = quick fix
    1979 Wagoneer Q/T, 360, Jeep factory am/fm/cb

Comment

• roadgrime
      350 Buick
      • Apr 17, 2003

if you had it pro installed call em up and complain. most places warranty it

Comment

• goodm88fsj
        258 I6
        • May 16, 2004

rtv sealant and lots of it
        evan a blind squirle find\'s a nut every now and then :P <br />god speed <br />88 GW 360 light mods <br />31/10.5 goodyear mtr\'s <br />all drive train from my 83 chero .<br />4\" superlift springs front/blocks rear.<br />trail master ssv shocks

Comment

• goodm88fsj
          258 I6
          • May 16, 2004

had mine done by glass shop .took it back three times before thay got it right.
          evan a blind squirle find\'s a nut every now and then :P <br />god speed <br />88 GW 360 light mods <br />31/10.5 goodyear mtr\'s <br />all drive train from my 83 chero .<br />4\" superlift springs front/blocks rear.<br />trail master ssv shocks

Comment

• marcd
            350 Buick
            • Sep 22, 2003

I recently got a new windshield and it leaked. I thought about calling the installer back, but since they screwed it up the first time, I didn't have a lot of confidence they could fix it. I just used a real thin bead of clear silicone betwwen the gasket and outside of the windshield.
            Marc D<br /><br />1990 Grand Wagoneer<br />HEI conversion

Comment

• ACDuff
              232 I6
              • Dec 15, 2002

Permatex Black Super Weatherstrip Adhesive #82 flows right into the cracks. Sets up like rubber and is the same color.

Alan Duff
              Knoxville, TN
              1986 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• goodm88fsj
                258 I6
                • May 16, 2004

ACDUFF , your right permatex is what they told me they used to seal my windshield .after the second round ,i think they thout it might be a good ideal, LOL [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

• goodm88fsj
                  258 I6
                  • May 16, 2004

can you belieave it they got the windshield out and in that many times without breaking it .

Comment

• ACDuff
                    232 I6
                    • Dec 15, 2002

goodm88fsj
                    I'm not surprised that idiots that cant't install a windshield can't use a sealant. You need to find a competent glass shop.

Comment

• crispyboy
                      304 AMC
                      • May 14, 2002

Did you guys seals along the windshield and gasket, gasket and body or in the center of the seal?
                      Steve<br />1986 J-20 360 cid/auto, trac-loc, custom efis tbi, flowkooler, aluminum cross flow radiator, rhino-liner, working AC. <br />1990 GW trac-loc, Engle cam and aluminum cross flow radiator.
                      <br /><br />\"The best Jeeps came from the past when gay meant you were happy and Aids was an appetite suppressant"

Comment

• goodm88fsj
                        258 I6
                        • May 16, 2004

center of seal .

Comment

Working...
                        X