Eastern Oregon June 27 & 28 The 7th Annual Christmas Valley 4x4 Off Road Campout and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resbum
    327 Rambler
    • Jun 16, 2010

Eastern Oregon June 27 & 28 The 7th Annual Christmas Valley 4x4 Off Road Campout and

Hey anyone in eastern Oregon or the Pacific Northwest. Every year my bro in law hosts this event. He posts the invite in the Expedition Portal and Pacific Northwest Backroad Adventures forums. All are welcome. See my additional comments below, after his invite. Resbum

Here's his invite

June 27 & 28 The 7th Annual Christmas Valley 4x4 Off Road Campout and Trail Ride

Yes it is that time again to look toward Christmas Valley for the 7th Annual
    CV campout and trail ride. I'm sorry I'm getting it posted 2 months late but It's been a busy winter. And have had lots of stuff cluttering up the old Gray Matter. So once again as always it is the last Full Weekend in June.
    . This years trail ride will once again take us South of Christmas Valley to see if we can locate some Wild horse herds and explore some of the canyons they hang out in. Once again it will be a long day so be prepared with food and drink and a full tank of gas. Camp will be in the same area as always. CB channel 4 make sure you have a Flag for the dunes and an ORVsticker. Fire fighting equip. first aid kits, recovery gear, all the stuff you should have in your rig anytime you go off road. Remember No alcohol during trail rides or you will be asked to leave. Please bring an arm load of fire wood.
    And Darrel and Jesi well Jesi anyways don't forget my annual bribe "Cookies"

If you have any questions feel free to email me. title it " 7th Annual CV"
    My email is (typed in code of course) rupe430 at gmail dot com pretty sneaky huh?

Hope to see you here!
    Rupe and Mrs. Rupe
    The Dusty Boot Ranch
    in the Heart of Oregons
    High Desert!

My additional comments:

There isn't really any crazy four wheelin'. They mostly stay to the backroads. Going out on the dunes is fun, but you need an Oregon ATV Permit and flag. Both can be picked up in the little town of Christmas Valley on the way out. It's 20 miles away. The permits can be bought at Santa's Hardware. They're something like $15. If Santa's doesn't have any flags you can buy those at the Chevron station. You'll need to stop there anyways to top off you tank.

The "Camp will be in the same area as always" my bro in law refers to is the the BLM Christmas Valley Dunes Recreational Riding Area campgrounds. They are located about two miles away from where I live. Here's the BLM link.

On one side of the dunes riding area is The Lost Forest. BLM link:

On the other side of the dunes riding area is Fossil Lake. BLM link:

Nearby, there is also, Crack in the Ground, Hole in the Ground, Benjamin Cave, and more.

So, as you can see, there is a whole lot more to do and see than just the trail rides.

I'd like to see some Full Size Jeep'ers make a presence at my bro in laws trail ride. It would also give me a chance to show off my truck to any of you. If only a couple FSJ's come I could even put you up on my property, instead of the campground. I have an area cleared for camping that I used before I got my 5th wheel in place.

Let me know and also please drop my bro in law an email listed at the end of his invite above.

Hope to see some of you. :-bd Resbum
    Originally posted by Resbum
    "What year is my truck?... Which part?" Build thread- http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/view...p=18290#p18290
Working...
X