X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carol1982
    Jeepers Creepers
    • Feb 05, 2015

What Crist said in the above post is exactly true. If a part is back ordered, or you need to return something. Good Luck! They DO NOT respond to any email I have ever sent in the last year of dealing with them. It usually takes numerous phone calls to get anything straightened out. It can be very hard to get them to answer the phone, but if you are very persistent, you will finally get through to a person. I also have found they will not call you back, and leaving a message on their answering machine is futile. It can be a very frustrating experience and can take days/ a month to straighten things out. My personal experience. Persistence and lots of patience and time is needed sometimes to deal with TGW.
    1982 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4-door "Crusty"
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport "Little Jeep"
    2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Hemi "Big Jeep"
    Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
    Build link: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=177460

Comment

• SJTD
      304 AMC
      • Apr 26, 2012

How about using Paypal? Aren't they pretty good at putting the heat on the vendor?

My first call would be to Paypal or the CC company to reverse the payment. Then wait for TGW to call me.
      Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• Crist Clapper
        I'm being stalked by Steve... Save me!
        • Apr 28, 2008

PayPal can be iffy and lengthy on non-eBay purchases. For sure... Using a Credit-Card is preferable. Although when I have reversed the charges in the past... It didn't help to get a resolution any faster.
        1990 Grand Wagoneer:
        Delilah - def: "White Lady (cocktail) with the additional ingredients of egg-whites, sugar, and cream"

1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited:
        Desiree - def: ?Much Desired? [orig: French] ? Desirable Charcoal Gray façade, Wood-grain vêneers,and Tan Leather éssentials"

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association (FJS-PRIS)

Comment

• Carol1982
          Jeepers Creepers
          • Feb 05, 2015

Yes, my last order was probably the biggest screw up on their part. I was about to call CC company, but finally they shipped the correct parts after a month. A girl I was dealing with quit in the middle of my mess, so that made it worse. The big problem is, sometimes they are the only vendor for a product that you really must have, so you are stuck.
          1982 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4-door "Crusty"
          1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport "Little Jeep"
          2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Hemi "Big Jeep"
          Build link: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=177460

Comment

• darylb
            232 I6
            • Jan 22, 2015

I would rather be ignored by TGW than lied to and laughed at by Comcast or Microsoft. More than half of the Amazon vendors I deal with ignore email and phone messages requesting updates even on months old backorders (I am waiting for cabinet hinges I ordered 5 weeks ago from one Amazon vendor and communications are zero). There are even local companies I have to drive down and show my face to get their attention.

Again, can anyone show where TGW has done more than give lousy customer service? Bad products? Stolen money? Lied about products, shipments or billing? Refused to deal with a lost or damaged shipment?

Compared to many small specialty businesses TGW is about normal for customer service, poor to lousy. Top that off with nobody being able to say they have been robbed or cheated. Which is why I can't understand the venom on this site for them. Other sites also complain about customer service with TGW, but this site goes quite a bit further. There is an absolute hatred towards TGW that simply is excessive compared to the actual issues in my opinion.

And if you look at their newest catalogue I will agree with Carol1982 that they are often the only source for some products. As I said at the start of this, when I can find it on Amazon or elsewhere cheaper I buy it there first. But they do have a nice selection of products that I couldn't find elsewhere or were better than what I could find elsewhere.

TGW is far from my preferred source of FSJ parts, but knowing that I may have communications issues with them if there are problems is not enough reason to ignore that they do have parts I need and as far as I can tell have always delivered those parts when they take people's money (though not always on time or without frustration). Just be aware, look elsewhere for a better deal, and if you can't find one then TGW is a good source for FSJ parts. It's just an annoying one to those who have problems with them.
            1973 J4800 - 401- TH400 Novac Stage 2 - D20

Comment

• deckside
              258 I6
              • May 02, 2015

Its been hit or miss with me and TGW. Grille came straight away but sent out different set of lock pulls than what they advertised on their site. Then tried to buy seatbelts....waited 4 months and after multiple non answered calls and Emails I opened a claim with paypal and got my money refunded. Be wary and use paypal.
              1980 Wagoneer Limited "Prissyish" Sold
              1972 Wagoneer Butter Scotch Gold restoring

Comment

• drherndon
                230 Tornado
                • Nov 12, 2000

I wonder if they would sell the business. Couldn't be hard to do better, have fun and make a little dough while at it. Guess they would never return the call to find out.

Comment

• eaglejeeper
                  232 I6
                  • Nov 02, 2008

TGW

My two cents. First, yes if you try to call it is an issue. I live 90 miles
                  from TGW and called, got thru, and picked up a bunch of parts...they
                  had everything ready for me at the dock.
                  Here is, what I believe to be the issue with TGW. There are just two gals
                  running the very large warehouse. I had to wait for 10 minutes just for
                  them to answer the front door bell to get in. They are the only people
                  there, they are tech support, order takers, shippers, receivers, and billers
                  all in one. Plus, TGW is not the only company that is handled from this
                  warehouse...so I assume there are more than one phone line for each
                  company they handle. When I was there they were basically running to
                  get things done. So in my opinion they are doing the best they can. It
                  appears they are under staffed big time.
                  After stating all the above, I guess you have to be patient, they are actually
                  doing the best they can with two people.

Comment

• cameronb1988GW
                    230 Tornado
                    • Apr 17, 2016

ordered a fuel sending unit, arrived missing lock ring. sent emails, left voicemails. no reply at all, it's been 3 months.

Comment

• serehill
                      Gone,Never Forgotten.
                      • Nov 22, 2009

Originally posted by eaglejeeper
                      My two cents. First, yes if you try to call it is an issue. I live 90 miles
                      from TGW and called, got thru, and picked up a bunch of parts...they
                      had everything ready for me at the dock.
                      Here is, what I believe to be the issue with TGW. There are just two gals
                      running the very large warehouse. I had to wait for 10 minutes just for
                      them to answer the front door bell to get in. They are the only people
                      there, they are tech support, order takers, shippers, receivers, and billers
                      all in one. Plus, TGW is not the only company that is handled from this
                      warehouse...so I assume there are more than one phone line for each
                      company they handle. When I was there they were basically running to
                      get things done. So in my opinion they are doing the best they can. It
                      appears they are under staffed big time.
                      After stating all the above, I guess you have to be patient, they are actually
                      doing the best they can with two people.

Thanks for your input I have not had any more problems with them than I have had with any other specialty provider. There are several contributors. They could improve service with more support & back up which will be directly related to more overhead & higher prices. I suppose I'm simply patient enough & did not want to see any specialty provider be gone. I was in customer service enough to know the percentages of what issues lie where. It's not always the vendor. Are they under manned or womanned?? In this case or do they get busy at times?? I'll keep them in business. These are specialty suppliers not Jeggs. I hope they all survive & I appreciate what they do, I hope they specialize in hard to get parts instead of customer service if that was the only choice. For them not to be there is not a choice. To not use them would not work for me. They are not the Amazon model & i set my expectations for that there fore I am not disappointed or having disappointing expectations.

80 Cherokee
                      360 ci 727 with
                      Comp cams 270 h
                      NP208
                      Edlebrock performer intake
                      Holley 4180
                      Msd total multi spark.
                      4" rusty's springs

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

• Gulrok
                        232 I6
                        • May 12, 2016

I purchased a fuel tank roll over valve from them. Shipping cost sucked, but all in all I didn't have a problem.

--

Now Quadratec, that is a company I dislike with a passion. I'll go to Morris 4x4 over quadratec any days. ( Plus Morris 4x4 gives Police/Fire/EMS & Military discount. ) When I order parts I tend to do so on a credit card. If there is any issue I'll happily create a dispute. I always document my phone calls / emails to the company in an attempt to resolve the issue first.

--

I once made a dispute with a junk yard when they sent me the wrong wiring harness and then attempted to pretend I was stupid. So a dispute - photo evidence of the mistake - provided what my harness looked like. - Times of phone calls, and emails made. I won the dispute. They delivered an item I didn't pay for - and didn't deliver what I did pay for.

Out of an act of goodwill I sent an email to the junkyard that if they provide me with a shipping label I will gladly send them their harness back. I received a real nasty email back with no shipping label. So I have the harness sitting in a box in the shed.
                        1983 Jeep J10, 8ft bed, Townside - 258cu - Weber 32/36 - Nuttered

So the mechanic said, "it looks like you blew a seal" and I said, "you leave my sexual preferences out of this".

Comment

• joe
                          • Apr 28, 2000

I've only ordered a couple small insignificant items(long ago) from them and didn't have any issues. Would use them again if I had to and wasn't in a hurry. Under staffing can kill even the best business plan. In any case I hope they survive. We can't afford to lose any of the few FSJ parts vendor options we have.
                          joe
                          "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• serehill
                            Gone,Never Forgotten.
                            • Nov 22, 2009

LOL

What's amusing to me is that I've seen endless complaints for folks burning TGW. When they were dealing with A graded vendors some of them repeatedly complaining about these grade a vendors.
                            There are problems with any mail order vendors so I can believe that TGW could be a challenge. If you have the wrong expectations then I can see how this will happen. Consumers drive the world & have given such great merchandise as the cheapest Chinese crap we can get. Because buyers won't pay for quality parts. They can also destroy every specialty vendor on the earth. Then we'll have threads about no parts access. They are just not & will never be Jegs. I'm good with that. I have no false expectations. So there's no disappointment. I'd much more want to be a victim of this abuse that is being transmitted than deal with one Rebuilt Autozone starter.
                            Last edited by serehill; 08-12-2016, 06:38 PM.

80 Cherokee
                            360 ci 727 with
                            Comp cams 270 h
                            NP208
                            Edlebrock performer intake
                            Holley 4180
                            Msd total multi spark.
                            4" rusty's springs

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

Working...
                            X