• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mwood65
    258 I6
    • Jul 17, 2017

Steering wheel nut

I was putting a new turn signal switch in the 74' Cherokee and lo & behold...

The nut that holds on the steering wheel just vanished! Nowhere to be found!

Anyone know what size and pitch that nut is so I can buy another one?

I hope it's not some weird one that I can't get locally as I hate to wait a week for an order to come in.

Edited: The column is I think out of a 84' Grand Wagoneer I think???? didn't figure they changed but maybe?
  • backroadin'
    350 Buick
    • Aug 11, 2004

I can usually find the nut that holds my steering wheel when i look in the mirror........

Sorry, had to!
    1973 Wagoneer, 4.6L Jeep inline 6 stroker, t176/d300, offy dualport w/ quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads." -- Doc Brown https://forums.ifsja.org/images/smilies/cool.png

"When this baby reaches 88 miles per hour, you're gonna to see some serious shhttps://forums.ifsja.org/images/smilies/eek.pngt!"

Comment

• SJTD
      304 AMC
      • Apr 26, 2012

My column's currently removed. I can check it in the morning.
      Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• wiley-moeracing
        350 Buick
        • Feb 15, 2010

its just a fine thread metal locking nut that can be found at any napa or copperstate bolt location.

Comment

• mwood65
          258 I6
          • Jul 17, 2017

Hmmmm, Found it. it rolled out of the Jeep onto the ground. I have a work area that is large rock/gravel and when any small part falls into that it is about impossible to find.

This experience has reminded me of 2 things.

1. After I get the concrete slab in next month things will be MUCH nicer.

2. When I took it off I should have just stored the nut in my wife's purse, that's where she keeps my other nuts since I married her.

Comment

Working...
          X