new restrictive paypal account conditions? what are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tripwire
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jul 30, 2000

new restrictive paypal account conditions? what are you doing?

seems like a good time to punch out? but what the heck do i do when using e bay or selling to other members? I understand they need to comply with regulations, but its kinda heavy handed..... i can opt out until may 7th

any thoughts

steve
    Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

I closed my account the day they sent the notice. I have never been impressed with Paypal, and been screwed by them more than once. Time for that horrible company to disappear.

Ebay will accept direct credit card charges, and you have infinitely better protection directly through your CC than you ever did through PP. If you find someone that won't accept that as payment, they don't want your money very badly.

Transactions with real people are gonna have to be cash in person or postal money order for me. I really didn't like using PP for that anyway.
    1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank

Comment

• SJTD
      304 AMC
      • Apr 26, 2012

What did I miss? I don't recall seeing an email. When did it come out?
      Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• SJTD
        304 AMC
        • Apr 26, 2012

I just searched my email and didn't find anything and used it yesterday to pay for something.

Maybe I'm already complying with whatever you don't like.

I gotsta know!
        Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
            AMC 4 OH! 1
            • Jul 18, 2003

What am I missing in the link posed above?
            All I am really seeing is that if you keep a balance on paypal, it will go to a separate account. Sounds like the government is making them do this.
            Is it going to be harder to get to your money from this account now? Will you no longer be able to pay for stuff from this account? If you get paid, is there a time limit before it gets sent to this account or is it instantly? Will you no longer be able to send the money to your bank account?
            I never got any email from them either, maybe the ones who did can share with us what is troubling.
            79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
            Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
            93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• Tripwire
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Jul 30, 2000

they now want your full name, address, SSAN, and a photo ID of you
              Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• babywag
                out of order
                • Jun 08, 2005

I think they only do that for folks adding/transferring money into a paypal account.
                It's a federal law and something to do with money laundering prevention.

Set it up w/ credit card or bank account to pay for stuff.
                I would never transfer $ into a paypal acct. it's giving them free interest $.
                They have never asked me for any additional information, because I will never add $ to the account. Only drain it after folks buy something from me.
                Tony
                88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• SJTD
                  304 AMC
                  • Apr 26, 2012

I wonder why I didn't get the notification. Maybe because I don't have a cash account with them?

I've always used a CC. Wasn't willing to link a bank account. I was never "Verified". As I recall they originally said that after something like $1k of transactions I'd have to get verified but it never happened.

I never have a balance except on the rare occasion when I return something for a refund. I wonder what's going to happen now. Will it go back to my CC? Guess i'll have to read the update, not just the summary.
                  Sic friatur crustulum

Comment

• joe
                    • Apr 28, 2000

Originally posted by Tripwire
                    they now want your full name, address, SSAN, and a photo ID of you
                    What could possibly go wrong???
                    Never had PP, never will...
                    joe
                    "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• Tripwire
                      AMC 4 OH! 1
                      • Jul 30, 2000

I read deeper.... did not like it at all, i closed my account..... pitty it was a super easy way to exchange funds
                      Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

Comment

• deckside
                        258 I6
                        • May 02, 2015

I heard some millennials talking about Venmo'ing each other but really don't know much about it.
                        1980 Wagoneer Limited "Prissyish" Sold
                        1972 Wagoneer Butter Scotch Gold restoring

Comment

• Tripwire
                          AMC 4 OH! 1
                          • Jul 30, 2000

yea venmo is popular with them, the odd thing about people today - is the inability to realize the security concerns involved with these companies. it is truly scary about the personal info collected and how easily its stolen. i have been a ID theft victim and its no fun.

Oh well.... back to 1980's we go
                          Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

Comment

• KaiserMan
                            I got the Willys....
                            • Jun 21, 2005

Doesn't sound that bad. I transfer all of the money I have in my PP account to my linked bank account every Thursday night, then transfer it out of that account into my regular checking account every Saturday morning. I don't trust it to sit in my PP account or the linked account.

PP made me give them additional info a while back. In Mass they have to report your PP income to the IRS and Mass after $600 in sales, vs. $20K plus 200 or more sales in virtually all other states. Though I bed that's going to change soon.
                            Thomas Russell
                            1987 Cherokee Laredo 2-Door 4.0/AW4
                            1971 Gladiator
                            J2000 Platform-Stake Dump 350/T18

1970 Gladiator J3000 3407Z Camper Truck 350/T18
                            1968 Wagoneer Custom 327/TH400

Comment

• jeepman1
                              258 I6
                              • Jul 22, 2015

Just another gov'ment intrusion..

Zuckerburg (or whatever the hell his name is) owns this as you know, and he is in the tank with the Demodogs as was exposed after the election. He, I'm sure gives all your information to the Gov'ment. Bye bye PP.
                              : 98 9er
                              '83 Honcho j10
                              '12 Liberty Ltd.. wifes
                              '19 Chaparral H2o Dlx sport 21

Comment

Working...
                              X