International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General Chit-Chat

Old 11-11-2014, 06:31 PM

What the? Where do I live??

Ok here we go, Dodge 440 needs a new oil pump it'll build to 40 psi then slowly drop back to zero, so I ordered a Melling high volume through O'Reillys free shipping and cheaper than anybody else I checked. Shipped UPS no problem, it arrived on time yesterday in ALb. ready to be here today. This is when the dang thing derails I check this morning and there is a message
Quote:
11/11/2014 5:38 A.M. Directions to the address are required to complete delivery. We are attempting to update this information. / We're unable to contact the receiver.

What do you mean direction needed it not like he hasn't been out here at least three times this summer besides Mapquest or Google maps both show where it is! Or so I thought, several years ago the county politicians thought that the old way of letters and numbers for county road designation was to archaic and would make it hard for emergency services to find to that end, our road went from BO23 to E Clifford Rd, which made no sense because Clifford lives on the next road to the north, they named the road where he lives Gravel pit Rd! Besides who names a road after the persons first name? Earlier this summer I had some communications with the phone company and was told we live on E Clifford trail fast forward to today. Neither mapquest or Google shows any of the above on their maps. BO23 shows up on satellite pictures and is so named, W Clifford Trail shows and you would think that East would just be a continuation of West, but logic is not being used!
I did not receive a phone call at 5:30 this morning and I just noticed that package has to be signed for, so that shoots down the idea of having him drop at the post office. Which in of itself would cause another difficulty Mom is down in Deming, the 440 has a bad oil pump it might make it to town and back with out hurting it or it might not.
I went out to start old faithful my 91 D-150 something I haven't done since 2011 and it tried, but just couldn't get it together I have the feeling that 3 year old gas just doesn't have any power left in it

SIL called me by accident I was telling her the story and she said that she knew about address problem that is why she sent mom's birthday gift to my niece in Alb. and had her deliver it! Well gee I wish somebody had let me know tomorrow I guess I call the county government and ask what address we are supposed to use!!

Just needed to add DHL lost a package last week that was going to the PO Box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambler68
congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.

How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
Robert A. Heinlein
The birth of CROM is recorded here
http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Last edited by bigun : 11-11-2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:36 PM
hey,does anyone here know how to.......

where the heck is NM? Los Angeles?

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:
Old 11-11-2014, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripwire
where the heck is NM? Los Angeles?
It's where all that rain your Bogarting needs to be sent!

Quote:
congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.

Robert A. Heinlein
Old 11-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Cherokee Outlaw

Maybe it got sent to old Mexico instead of the new one
TH400 - Shift Kit, Deep Pan, Aux Cooler
D20 - Twin Stick'd
F D44 - 3.54, Open
R D44 - 3.54, Lock'd

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
1979 Wagoneer - Sold
1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed
Old 11-12-2014, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
Maybe it got sent to old Mexico instead of the new one

They used to publish a top ten list of questions asked of the tourism dept. and "Do I need a passport was always on the list." You can say what you want the post office generally gets it here! So far DHL is batting a zero and right now UPS is in a slump. I can't even register on their web site because I don't have a recognized address

Quote:

Robert A. Heinlein
Old 11-12-2014, 10:08 AM

I just talked to the guy who is in charge of mapping in the county, according to him the post office is at fault as that is where UPS gets their information. He said that Mapquest and Google both state that they are not to be used as anything other than entertainment. I guess now I'm off to argue with UPS.

Quote:

Robert A. Heinlein
Old 11-12-2014, 10:27 AM
FSJ Maniac

Whenever our deliveries get messed up, 9 times out of 10 its because the regular driver had the day off.

JR

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
1966 mustang fastback
'07 Dodge Charger 3.5
Old 11-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Grease Monkey

I've had deliveries from China get stuck in Los Angeles for 3 weeks then suddenly appear at my door step.

360, TF727, NP-219 T-Case, D44 front, AMC 20 rear.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiRiu
I've had deliveries from China get stuck in Los Angeles for 3 weeks then suddenly appear at my door step.
DHL package is so lost even the sender can't get any word as to where it is, they have sent another But I have no tracking number for it yet.

Quote:

Robert A. Heinlein
Old 11-12-2014, 12:53 PM

My driveway is on Skyloop road but the county says my address is Riverside rd.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Banned

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mail-Order.

And to cap that off, our wonderful new "Cashless Society" is having debit card and credit card information hacked at major retailers quite regularly.

Makes you want to move to the big city, live in a dumpster, and pay cash for your junk.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerjeep
Welcome to the wonderful world of Mail-Order.

And to cap that off, our wonderful new "Cashless Society" is having debit card and credit card information hacked at major retailers quite regularly.

Makes you want to move to the big city, live in a dumpster, and pay cash for your junk.
I don't normally have any problems. On line buying has been a big time and money saver. I can shop from home and the delivery fees are less than it would have cost me to drive to the big city, and my road rage isn't triggered dealing. with city traffic

Quote:

Robert A. Heinlein
Old 11-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Master Mechanic

I have a little insight on this. Socorro county ems has been assigning numbers for their 911 system without consulting the post office or attempting to work with them. If you need an ambulance, use the address they gave you. If you need mail, use the address the post office assigned to you. If you want the whole thing fixed, call EMS and talk to Gail. If she can't fix it, nobody can, assuming you're in Socorro county.
2006 Honda Shadow Aero
1986 Honda XR600R
1984 Chevy 3500 Box Truck
Old 11-12-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlagger
I have a little insight on this. Socorro county ems has been assigning numbers for their 911 system without consulting the post office or attempting to work with them. If you need an ambulance, use the address they gave you. If you need mail, use the address the post office assigned to you. If you want the whole thing fixed, call EMS and talk to Gail. If she can't fix it, nobody can, assuming you're in Socorro county.
I'm in Torrance. I called the county guy in charge of mapping, had an interesting talk with him. It seems the way it was laid out before was along voting district lines which of course changed, they had the bright idea of changing them to street names generally with out asking the residents who live there so of course that has blown up, then the state keeps putting up signs that is no longer correct. Then there is the whole mapquest Google maps mess!
Right now I am waiting for a call back from the local UPS people they are supposed to call before 8pm which means they'll call at 7:59, and 59 seconds tonight to see if I can give their driver clear enough directions to find it maybe I need to set up my satellite mapping program and give him a GPS coordinates!

Quote:

Robert A. Heinlein
Old 11-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Banned

Google Earth will give you lat and long of any point you select on Earth.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:08 AM

i have a big aluminum oil pan and pickup that'll fit that motor. off a marine engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasts79Chief
... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasts79Chief
I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

→ Where the kids hang out...

fsjbuilder.org come for the mindless chat,stay for the hand drawn emoticons.

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...
Old 11-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Every GPS and on line map program I have tried puts my address about a mile from my house - but at least it puts it next to a cow pasture so no one thinks I am actually there, and you can see the house on satellite view of google.

What is really funny is I tell people to turn onto county X and my road is the first left, if you miss it go about 5-1/2 miles and take a left on my road - 3rd left from the start.....
Old 11-14-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billygoat
Every GPS and on line map program I have tried puts my address about a mile from my house - but at least it puts it next to a cow pasture so no one thinks I am actually there, and you can see the house on satellite view of google.

What is really funny is I tell people to turn onto county X and my road is the first left, if you miss it go about 5-1/2 miles and take a left on my road - 3rd left from the start.....
When I was running my electrical contracting business a lot of my directions to the job site were drive X miles then look for this landmark turn into the driveway go around the barn and follow the trail to the top of the mountain oh it is helpful if you have low range!

Quote:

Robert A. Heinlein
Old 11-14-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerjeep
Google Earth will give you lat and long of any point you select on Earth.
Unfortunately with these guys I'm afraid that, that would be more than they can understand. He ended up dropping it at the local hardware store!

Quote:

Robert A. Heinlein
Old 11-14-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristow
i have a big aluminum oil pan and pickup that'll fit that motor. off a marine engine.
Probably won't fit under the frame

Quote:

Robert A. Heinlein