International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2009, 05:54 AM

greetings and help kind ladies and sirs...

I am new to the forum so hello! I just typed out a huge intro and the **** thing timed out so AARRRGGHHH!!!! Anyways I am a new Jeep owner and am here to maybe get some help and maybe make a few new friends! So here's my deal: I just bought about 6mos ago a 1991 Grand Wagoneer that aesthetically at least is in great shape! It's even been featured in a few ads and magazines but I think the former owners never hear of "regular maintenance". So I just had a local shop rebuild the AMC 360. It was rebuil and I asked them to add a hotter cam. Well I opted for the Edelbrock Performer 600cfm carb, intake, and cam. They recommended the ProComp 260H instead for a Cam. I usually do my own work btw but with where I live right now that's impossible (high rise/tools across town). So I had it rebuilt with new cam/carb/intake. Now once I got the car back I had a local hot rod shop dyno and tune it. Well I'm less than impressed with the results! It came back and they told me they had to retard the timing a little more than they figured they would to keep it from detonating. Well it still does anyways under heavy acceleration. And the numbers, oh the numbers, 139rwhp and 197ft/lbs! What a dog folks! Now what do you guys think? This is my first Jeep/AMC. Always had Chevys b4. Did the shop rip me off? Or is about what you would expect from a 360 with those mods? I know its only like 8 1/4 compression stock but man! Little help would go a long ways guys and nice to meet ya too

Last edited by Redwookie : 06-02-2009 at 12:27 PM.