• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rusty76
    258 I6
    • Jul 15, 2018

Intake Manifold Part identification

Ok so I'm trying to fill holes on this manifold from my 360.
    The bit that attaches to the passenger side rear of the manifold , what is it called?
    Has some tubes/coils that when bolted down go into the manifold. Almost like a heating element. Block heater? did I just answer my own question..
    Its crusty and I need to order a new one.
    Thanks
    1976 Jeep Wagoneer
    Rebuilt, 360, TH400, QT.
    Still not running. Soon!
  • 78 WIDETRAC
    350 Buick
    • Aug 19, 2003

Choke heating tubes. Do you need them or just want to block them off?

Comment

• Rusty76
      258 I6
      • Jul 15, 2018

love this forum. Not even done my first coffee and my question is answered!
      Choke heating tubes. Hmmm. Will have to do some reading first. Dont know if I need them? I like the sound of blocking them off. First need to figure out what they do. Will be a lot easier now that I know what they are called. I live in a place that has winter but no emissions stuff needed yet. Need to do some reading.

Thanks 78 WIDETRAC
      1976 Jeep Wagoneer
      Rebuilt, 360, TH400, QT.
      Still not running. Soon!

Comment

• rang-a-stang
        Administrator
        • Oct 31, 2016

If you are going to stick with the Motorcraft 2100/2150, keep it! Take it out, clean it, put it back in with a new gasket. You should have a metallic tube coming off your choke element that goes to one side of it and the other side goes up to the top of the carb to get clean air (but that side is not all that important).

The heated air that comes through there, along with the electric choke element work together to open your choke faster.

If you do not have the tube coming off your carb, go to any McParts and ask for a "Choke Stove Kit" and it will come with the bits and pieces to hook it up. Should be well under $10 and it really helps with the way your engine warms up.

I was looking for some good pictures and came across this link with good info and fuzzy photobucket pictures.
        1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks - Choke questions answered. - Hi all, there have been a lot of questions going around about the automatic choke - how it works, what it's supposed to do, why yours isn't working, etc. Instead of trying to tackle each one in each thread, I thought I'd start a new thread to...
        Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
        (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
        (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
        79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
        (Cherokee Build Thread)
        11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
        09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
        00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Working...
        X