• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SmokinStanley
    232 I6
    • Jul 01, 2012

J-truck bumper options?

I'm picking up a '82 J-20 that's missing the rear bumper and mounting brackets. Did a little searching and didn't seem to come up with many aftermarket resources other than BJ's. Tracking down an old original bumper is going to be next to impossible, so I'm looking for alternatives. I don't have the means to fab one myself, so I'm relying a pre-built brackets and bumper.

Anyone know of any resources/vendors?
    '88 Waggy 167k, AMC 360, bone stock, just coming back to life after 7 years under a tree...
  • vajeepj20
    230 Tornado
    • Apr 25, 2015

When I was looking for a J truck, I saw a few that had regular step bumpers installed on them. Another one had what looked like the rear bumper off of a Ford F150. You could probably get an aftermarket step bumper with generic brackets and make it work, but of course it's not going to look as good as a factory one would, but it'll serve the purpose.

Other than a custom bumper from BJ's, you can scour sites like Ebay and Craigslist for a factory one.

Also for a factory bumper, here are some other places to check.

Montana Overland, they specialize in used FSJ parts, and might be able to help you.

Montana Overland - Home of the Jeep ranch, with 10 acres of Jeep Willy parts available at great prices.

The parts section at JeepTruck.com.

And certainly don't forget the parts section here.

Good luck.

Here's a picture of a J20 with a step bumper to get an idea of what it would look like, it doesn't really look that bad in my opinion.

Last edited by vajeepj20; 02-17-2016, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• tgreese
      • May 29, 2003

If you check your regional Jeep/4x4 forums, typically there are guys that have a side business making bumpers, roll bars, rock rails, etc. My suggestion is to contact these guys and tell them what you want. Making or modifying a step bumper shouldn't be difficult.

Try here - http://www.neow.net/

BTW I have one sitting in my basement (not for sale!) that you are welcome to photograph and measure if you want.
      Last edited by tgreese; 02-10-2016, 08:29 AM.
      Tim Reese
      Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps.
      Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination ATs, 7600 GVWR
      Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
      GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
      ECO Green: '15 FCA Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk

Comment

Working...
      X