X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poopypants
    230 Tornado
    • Feb 27, 2013

-If you know the status of every FSJ and FSJ part on Craigslist in your area, at any given time...

-If it seems odd to you that no one commented on what you're driving when you pumped gas...

...if every gas station has at least one customer who either had one of those or hasn't seen one of those in years.

If at some point you were legitimately worried your rig may spontaneously combust and burn to the ground...

..if you have to issue five or more "special instructions" (e.g. pull the shifter up when cranking or the starter won't engage, hold the door key in the unlock position WHILE pushing the door handle button to open the door, etc.) when loaning the vehicle to someone else.

Literally all this happened this week except the borrowing part...my parents wanted to borrow it once and I lost them halfway thru the list

Also this...

Comment

• Rod2
      327 Rambler
      • Apr 11, 2004

Yeah, I had several GM editions with 2 keys. Those were the days. Now, my truck needs only one GM type key; it's a good reminder of old times.
      Rod Skaggs
      '73 J4000 'WOOD GO' 360, 2100 MC, T-18, D-20, 60-2 rear, D-44 closed knuckle front with Warn Lock-O-Matics, Eaton E-lockers both, Pertronix module, AC, PS, '77 Firebird tilt column, Hydro-boost, AirLift bags front and rear, 33x15 Goodyear MTR's, Pacer 15x8 aluminum Bullet Holes, Summit line lock, 3rd brake light, MileMarker 12,000 cradle mounted winch

Comment

• ShagWagon
        350 Buick
        • Apr 10, 2016

If the local auto part stores know you by name, are eager to help you, but never can...
        87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• Sir Nexus
          230 Tornado
          • May 15, 2017

Most of these had me in stitches. It's amazing how universal these things are no matter the rig or state. I get told daily my Jeep is going to die anyday and I confidently tell them it'll be around long after there car is dead.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
            Administrator
            • Oct 31, 2016

Originally posted by Sir Nexus
            Most of these had me in stitches. It's amazing how universal these things are no matter the rig or state. I get told daily my Jeep is going to die anyday and I confidently tell them it'll be around long after there car is dead.
            Funny they say that about a vehicle that has been on the road 40 years already. if it hasn't died yet, it'll probably not die soon.

-If you have a special process to buy parts so the better half doesn't see the charge in your account or a box show up at the door because she has said "no more parts"....
            -If 31x10.50R15's seem like small tires...
            -If you've ever spent 2 hours cleaning your rig, then took a good long look at it when you were done and thought "it looks exactly the same as it did when I started"...
            -If you've ever taken the term "Speed bump" as a challenge to see who can speed over them the fastest...
            -If it sounds like WW3 in your rig when you go over that speed bump but you kind of wear that with pride...
            Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
            (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
            79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
            (Cherokee Build Thread)
            11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
            09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
            00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• jfliege
              232 I6
              • Dec 22, 2010

this was great, it made my day better.
              I need to get my waggy back on the road.
              1987 Grand Waggy
              4" rusty's all spring lift

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                Administrator
                • Oct 31, 2016

-If you have a sweet Honda XR650L (with plates) sitting in your garage BEGGING to be ridden but whenever you have time to ride, you spend it tinkering on your rig (that still can't be driven, despite countless hours and buckets of $$)...
                -If you have been offered a body panel that is a completely different color than your rig, but after installing it, it does not seem to be mismatched because there are so many dents and rust holes in the other body panels that the different color just sort of blends in...
                -If you have removed an egg crate and replaced it with a razor...
                -If you use the parts that look nice purely as bargaining chips to trade for parts that are functional because you "don't need pretty" you need functional...
                -If the biggest increase in MPG you have ever gotten was really just adding mileage to your odometer when you realized it was about 15% slow because of the bigger tires...
                -If you have a better idea of who killed Jimmy Hoffa and where he is buried then the actual miles your rig has traveled...
                -If you want to paint something on the outside of your truck and you have a harder time trying to pick if the flat or matte sheen will better match the other paint than the actual color of the paint...
                Last edited by rang-a-stang; 08-31-2017, 05:08 PM.
                Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                (Cherokee Build Thread)
                00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• timwiller
                  232 I6
                  • May 15, 2014

everything works

if, relatively speaking, your rig is running pretty well. every switch, knob, gauge, light bulb and the drive train is doing what it is supposed to and this worries you to abstract paranoia!

.......then the voltage regulator fails and produces excessive charge rate {very rare but possible}, that cooks the battery and the alternator and everything is back to normal {sic!} again.
                  1966 J-3600 Gladiator, 304 AMC, T-18/D-20 twin stick, D44/D53, custom mandrel bent magniflow exhaust

Comment

• mrtazwrench
                    AMC 4 OH! 1
                    • Nov 10, 2001

If the junkyard calls you for Jeep parts.
                    Chad
                    "Let's see that Red Blue Green **** sucker build one of these without duct taping it together!"
                    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=76427b95fd
                    88Wag
                    87J20 Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
                    83Cherokee WT
                    82J20
                    Parts vehicles: 1.5 Wags, 3.5 J20's, 1 J10 1 J300

Comment

• backroadin'
                      350 Buick
                      • Aug 11, 2004

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
                      -If the thought "Wow! That's a good lookin' pig nose" has crossed your mind...
                      If the phrase "Nice boobies!" means something else to you................
                      1973 Wagoneer, 4.6L Jeep inline 6 stroker, t176/d300, offy dualport w/ quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads." -- Doc Brown

"When this baby reaches 88 miles per hour, you're gonna to see some serious sht!"

Comment

• backroadin'
                        350 Buick
                        • Aug 11, 2004

If you've ever thought of having a sticker made that says: "It's a Full Size Jeep thing....... even I don't understand!"
                        1973 Wagoneer, 4.6L Jeep inline 6 stroker, t176/d300, offy dualport w/ quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster

"When this baby reaches 88 miles per hour, you're gonna to see some serious sht!"

Comment

• backroadin'
                          350 Buick
                          • Aug 11, 2004

- If you gas up every week out of habit 'cause the odometer and gas gauge are "just suggestions"....
                          - If you know that cheesgraters and egg-crates are not just kitchen items, and that rhinos and razors are way better looking.....
                          - If the word "browless" makes you sad.....
                          - If you've ever paid more for your parts rig than you did for your Jeep....
                          - ...but said it was OK 'casue I can part out what I don't use.....
                          - ...and still have said parts rig 'cause "I might want to build another one of these someday...."
                          - If you get excited when you catch a glimpse of an FSJ on some random TV show or ad.......
                          - ....and actually rewind the DVR to get more clues or to argue with your buddy about what year it is.........
                          - If you've ever heard of DerekTJeep..........

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                            Administrator
                            • Oct 31, 2016

Originally posted by backroadin'
                            If you've ever thought of having a sticker made that says: "It's a Full Size Jeep thing....... even I don't understand!"
                            BWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!
                            Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                            (Cherokee Build Thread)
                            00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• deckroid
                              232 I6
                              • Oct 05, 2016

... if you have buddies that refuse to ride with you because they are expecting your rig to brake down at any minute, but always ask for a tow out of a jam on the trail... (true story)

... if you ever go Xmas tree hunting and then get called Griswald by every Tom, Dick and Harry when you have a tree on top... (Never seen Xmas Vacation, so...)

... if you get that special feeling when you find a wrecking yard with 5... 5!!!!... intact FSJs...

... if you don't Jeep Wave any Compass, Liberty, Renegade or Commander due to the fact that you can't tell what it is until you are next to it... ("Was that a Nissan, Ford or Mazda? A JEEP?!?!?!?!")

(I have stopped waving at JKs. I have not gotten 1 single wave from any 4 door JK and they are quite popular in my area)

Comment

• backroadin'
                                350 Buick
                                • Aug 11, 2004

It's Ok - the "jeep wave" thing is overrated anyway, and only popularized by mall-crawlin'-wanna-be's who wish they owned and knew how to work on a real Jeep. Kinda like guys driving a Can-Am Spider tryin' to "wave" to a 70-yr. old Harley guy!!
                                Credit Card Cowboys can kiss my a**!!

Comment

Working...
                                X