X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4x4fEvEr
    350 Buick
    • May 25, 2005

yeah i had the roll pin out and allegedly had the mode rail in neutral but it wouldnt come out. so i just took the whole case apart. needed to be freshened up anyways
    77 cherokee chief 360/435/205-60/60-42's

Comment

• Desert Beast
      360 AMC
      • Oct 05, 2002

just an fyi for anyone thats going to run the NWF doubler.

MOUNT THE 205 ALSO.

i just had the 2 mounts for the front 203 adapter and the doubler adapter. this was not enough. i broke the clocking ring. so...be sure you support the 205 also.

on a side note NWF is taking care of me so i have no complaints for their customer service.
      it just sucks that it had to break @ moab.
      If it aint broke, fix it 'till it is.

Comment

• wickedwagon767
        304 AMC
        • Dec 26, 2005

Originally posted by Desert Beast
        just an fyi for anyone thats going to run the NWF doubler.

MOUNT THE 205 ALSO.

i just had the 2 mounts for the front 203 adapter and the doubler adapter. this was not enough. i broke the clocking ring. so...be sure you support the 205 also.

on a side note NWF is taking care of me so i have no complaints for their customer service.
        it just sucks that it had to break @ moab.
        Ouch

Comment

• Whoops! Sucks Garret. I've been debating over that. Guess I got my answer.
          Places to Wheel in the Southeast

Originally posted by Topgun2mo
          I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
          Originally posted by johnny019
          I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Comment

• Desert Beast
            360 AMC
            • Oct 05, 2002

it was pretty crappy.
            you could just make the x-member to support the front mount (the trans to 203 adapter) and then the 205. there isnt really a need to mount the doubler adapter if your going to support the 205.

but you have to support the 205. after seeing this part broken there is not that much beef holding the 205 to the 203. maybe 1/8".
            ill get some pix later this week.

Comment

• Slick Willie
              350 Buick
              • Apr 06, 2005

Alright, since the thread is called 203/205 Doubler ingredients, I have two questions:

1) Are there any 3:1 gears made for a Ford 205? Low Max has GM, but no Ford.

2) Is the Ford 6 bolt pattern on a 203 the same as the 6 bolt pattern on a Dodge 203? Basically, will a Ford 203 bolt where a Dodge 203 will?
              -Will
              '86 Wagoneer 360/727/Stak 3 speed/HP60/FF14/welded 4.10's/~3" Front Springs/Chevy 63's/42's/hummer beadlocks/topless/8 point cage/half doors

Originally posted by rockjeep44
              After this weekend chicks are gonna need suspenders to keep their panties up when I roll in

Comment

• Desert Beast
                360 AMC
                • Oct 05, 2002

at this time no one else is making 3:1 gears for the ford 205 (lomax might be in the works on one). but you can get a 3:1 gearset for the 203.

Comment

• Slick Willie
                  350 Buick
                  • Apr 06, 2005

Originally posted by Desert Beast
                  but you can get a 3:1 gearset for the 203.
                  Hmmm... Any more info on this?
                  -Will
                  '86 Wagoneer 360/727/Stak 3 speed/HP60/FF14/welded 4.10's/~3" Front Springs/Chevy 63's/42's/hummer beadlocks/topless/8 point cage/half doors

After this weekend chicks are gonna need suspenders to keep their panties up when I roll in

Comment

• Elliott
                    Cowboy Up
                    • Jun 22, 2002

Will, unless there is a special input gear that Lomax makes for the GM 203 I'm pretty sure that all the gears inside the 203 range box will interchange. If'n I'm wrong... someone let me know, but I think the only differences were the input and the case dimesions being offset one side or the other with opposite shifter locations. At any rate it's simple enough to put a GM 203 behind a Ford tranny if that's what you think you might be looking at, I have a drill template and you'd need a Ford input gear if it would work with the Lowmax gears.
                    *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
                    ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• Desert Beast
                      360 AMC
                      • Oct 05, 2002

Originally posted by Slick Willie
                      Hmmm... Any more info on this?

Waggoner machine shop use to sell them. now that they?re belly up might want to call sumner machine (they took over WMS).

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
                        AMC 4 OH! 1
                        • Jul 18, 2003

2) Is the Ford 6 bolt pattern on a 203 the same as the 6 bolt pattern on a Dodge 203? Basically, will a Ford 203 bolt where a Dodge 203 will?
                        Cant help you on the dodge part. But I have a ford 203 range box sitting here I can take a picture of if you want.

I do know one thing. There is one bolt that is diffrent between the ford 205 and ford 203. My guess is that they did that so you couldnt bolt a 203 to a manual trans. But you can re drill the front face of the 203 range box real easy to make it work.
                        79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
                        Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
                        93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• Slick Willie
                          350 Buick
                          • Apr 06, 2005

I'm looking to put Ford 203/Ford 205 behind my 727 tranny. I have a driver drop front D60, so I need a Ford 205 for sure. McRoth says he bolted his Dodge 203 right to his 727, so that would work. But I have access to a Ford 203 for next to free, so I'm trying to figure out if the Ford 203 will bolt to the 727 after swapping in 23 spline input gears. They both have the 6 bolt round pattern, but I think it's a little off. Some guys on Pirate say they're the same with just a clocking difference. The ORD guy says it's no problem at all, it'll bolt up.

But now I'm worried about even having the 1,2,3 & 6:1 options that a 3:1 case with a 2:1 case could give me. If I can't get 3:1 gears in a Ford NP205, I'm screwed with my driver drop front axle with a 205. I need to figure out if I can get a 3:1 in either a Ford 205, or some 203 or my plans change.
                          -Will

Comment

• Slick Willie
                            350 Buick
                            • Apr 06, 2005

Originally posted by JeepsAndGuns
                            Cant help you on the dodge part. But I have a ford 203 range box sitting here I can take a picture of if you want.
                            You don't have a 727 lying around to see if it'll line up, do you?
                            -Will

Comment

• Elliott
                              Cowboy Up
                              • Jun 22, 2002

You don't have a 727 lying around to see if it'll line up, do you?
                              I do, and can check this out if he doesn't have the set to try and match. My Ford 203 box is stripped down so it'll be easy to check once I pull the NP229 off the 727.
                              *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
                              ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• Slick Willie
                                350 Buick
                                • Apr 06, 2005

Sweet! The input gears are way off, so it won't slide on much, but hopefully the holes will line up somehow. Don't be afraid to snap a couple pictures.

Thanks Elliott!
                                -Will

Comment

Working...
                                X