• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Retro93
    Junk Collector
    • Nov 02, 2001

Originally posted by HOOT
    Going to do a sleep over weekend camp out in the yard for any out of towners, cough..retro, blazer, John, cough cough that wants to come. It may not be a private as Retro's place but it's not like sleeping on the sidewalk either. I mean you can sleep on my sidewalk if you want, my buddy Alan used to all the time. It's just more private on the rear patio and yard.
    I can sleep on the sidewalk??? COUNT ME IN!

Seriously, I am so close to having the Cherokee finished I can taste it. I took care of the battery charging issue yesterday by connecting the 140 amp Powermaster alternator directly to the battery with some 2 gauge welding cable. Now I can turn everything electrical on and the batteries stay charged, even at idle. I have a couple of exhaust leaks that are driving me batty, hopefully I'll have them taken care of in another couple of days.
    79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• Mars
      350 Buick
      • Apr 24, 2010

Sounds fun. I have nothing but time so let me know. (513) 344-3086
      Wannabe Fabricator
      Grumpy on a good day.
      1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
      What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850

Comment

• Woodchomper
        350 Buick
        • Dec 17, 2002

Just rebuilt the powr-lok in the rear of my '91 two weekends ago. I'm itching for a road trip now. I'll be working out of town for most of May and possibly June. However, if something gets planned over a weekend that I'm home then I'll be there!
        1991 GW 401 /727TF/NP229 /4" Skyjacker /EBL TBI /CS-144
        1981 J10 401 /727TF/NP208 /6" Superlift /CS-144

Comment

• Mars
          350 Buick
          • Apr 24, 2010

Any more on this guys?
          Wannabe Fabricator
          Grumpy on a good day.

Comment

• Retro93
            Junk Collector
            • Nov 02, 2001

I just came in from the garage where I'm getting ready to install a new trans/tc. As soon as that is done, and I put a few local miles on her, I'm off to sleep on Hoot's sidewalk for a couple of days.
            79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• tpfenlon
              230 Tornado
              • May 20, 2014

I'm in the garage cussing at myself for not paying attention to my transfer case as I pulled it apart to rebuild it

Comment

• Retro93
                Junk Collector
                • Nov 02, 2001

I just got finished putting the steering column back together which I didn't pay attention to when I pulled it apart. NOTE TO SELF: DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!

Comment

• Mars
                  350 Buick
                  • Apr 24, 2010

heh

I'm doing dumb stuff like fixing glove box lights
                  Wannabe Fabricator
                  Grumpy on a good day.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I bought a twin stick set up for my truck today. Even fired up the truck and climbed the front wall by mistake. Been a long time since I've had rubber squalling on rocks like that. It made it though and no it is even parked up on a small rock pile vogue-ing till the shifter gets here. At least it started on its own today after sitting for 3 weeks. I think I impressed the neighbor that was watching me fire it up without opening the hood. Shame she didn't stick around for the rubber burning up the rock wall.
                    Tom Gibson
                    1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
                    1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
                    1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
                    2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Rush Offroad in October?
                      Sleep overnight at either Retro's or John's place in Morehead.
                      Last edited by HOOT; 08-10-2016, 06:37 PM.
                      Tom Gibson
                      1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
                      1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.

Comment

• Retro93
                        Junk Collector
                        • Nov 02, 2001

October sounds good to me. It will be nice and cool for sleeping outdoors.

I installed the steering column yesterday. Everything works...turn signals...emergency flashers....ignition switch....and even the little ding ding ding bell that sounds if you leave the key in the ignition with the headlights on. I never really understood that one.

Low range shifter and front drive shaft went in today. I started to use the shaft that came with the '78 parts rig. It is a custom built unit that only has @ 39K miles on it. When I went to bolt up the straps on the front U-joint I noticed that the caps weren't fitting into the yoke as they should. There is no way to fit them in because the U-joint is too wide. It must have been a real good shop that let that one out the door. I got to looking at the rear shaft, and when I pulled the U-joint caps I noticed that they were wiped out. So.. I went to my spare parts pile and pulled out a front shaft that has new U-joints in it{CV and front} and installed it. It actually was a better fit than the one I had planned on using. I'll replace the rears with a couple of Spicers I have laying around. WOW how I love my spare parts pile.

I'm getting closer HOOT.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

gotta love it when your parts pile bails your butt out. Worked on the F350 today. Now I can get back to the Jeep as I will need it when I start removing front suspension parts from the F350.
                          I have so many spare parts I think I can rebuild my Jeep with new stuff. Guess I'll soon find out as I start tearing into them.

If we can get some other s to chime in about a meet up then we will start a new thread and try once again to have a MWI again. It's been a few years now not counting the one at your place.
                          Tom Gibson

Comment

• Hooby
                            230 Tornado
                            • Aug 16, 2014

I'm just getting my Chief back together and rolling again. Sounds like I did a very similar project to Retro. The first test for my rebuilt 360 and T18/D20 combo will be this weekend up at Silver Lake so we'll see how that goes. I'm good with a meet up in October sometime, sounds like fun!

Comment

• Mars
                              350 Buick
                              • Apr 24, 2010

Just got home from a little meet up with my old pontiac group.

one of these things is not like the other..
                              Wannabe Fabricator
                              Grumpy on a good day.

Comment

Working...
                              X