• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dogs-in-the-back
    258 I6
    • Dec 29, 2002

727 trans shift points?

Hi all,

I'm looking for the proper engine rpm upshift points at full power for 1-2 and 2-3 on my 727 trans.
    Are these adjustable w/o rebuilding the trans?

The throttle position linkage does go all the way at full throttle, but the trans dosen't like to run the gears out very far. I'm pretty sure my new motor would like a few more revs when I stomp on it.

This is on a GW with 3.31 gears and what I'm pretty sure is the non-lockup verson 727.
    Jason

91 GW
    91 M923A2 6x6 Cargo truck
    91 M931A2 6x6 Semi tractor
    81 CJ7
  • crispyboy
    304 AMC
    • May 14, 2002

I adjusted my throttle linkage until it felt right to my driving style. Not sure if it was right or wrong but it feels right.
    Should be a procedure in the manual.
    Steve<br />1986 J-20 360 cid/auto, trac-loc, custom efis tbi, flowkooler, aluminum cross flow radiator, rhino-liner, working AC. <br />1990 GW trac-loc, Engle cam and aluminum cross flow radiator.
    <br /><br />\"The best Jeeps came from the past when gay meant you were happy and Aids was an appetite suppressant"

Comment

• gsmikie
      Auto Trannie God
      • Feb 18, 2001

make sure the bands are adjusted
      I\'ve seen gsmikie\'s video for the TH400 and thought it was just awful.watching a guy tear down a greasy pile of metal in a junkyard. it dosent have to be surrounded by water to be an island

Comment

Working...
      X