X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stuka
    • Jan 21, 2001

258 carb options....

Ok, I am fed up with the stupid BBD already. So I have decided to look for carbs elsewhere. Here is what I came up with:

That is a progressive webber that I think would work quite well. That kit is for a CJ/YJ, so it should work fine on my J10.

onn the 2nd part of my question: anybody here have a 81 chero/wag/J10 with a 258? I need to find out if its normal to have the computer there, but not plugged into the distributer.
  • brielly
    350 Buick
    • Dec 30, 2002

Ive been running the weber for a couple months now and I love it. More power, easier starts, better gas mileage and it was easy to install. That combined with a msd blaster coil and its like a new vehicle. Dont bother with the air cleaner adaptor-with the new mounting plate and adaptor the carb sat too high to keep the stock air cleaner. Its runs much better with the k&N set up anyway. As far as the computer goes- are you talking about the one under the dash?
    For Sale Custom built reproduction Rhino Grilles http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...24#post1676924PM me for details or email [email protected]

1982 Cherokee Chief 258 6 cyl, AX-15, NP208, mopar mpfi, hydroboost brakes.

1983 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 258 6cyl*SOLD*

Comment

• Jeepzilla
      258 I6
      • Dec 29, 2001

I have the 258 I6 BBD on my 81 Cherokee. The only thing that plugs into my distributor is the output from the ignition module. 'Course mine is a 49 state model...

[ March 31, 2003, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Jeepzilla ]
      \'81 Cherokee \"Gollum\", 258 with TFI ignition, 4-speed, stock drivetrain.<br /><br />\"We spend our lives full of it. What hurts is the discovery of how much and for how long.\"

Comment

• joe
        • Apr 28, 2000

Go with the Weber. I've run one in the past on a 258 and have one sitting on my shelf soon to go on my present 258. Good carb. Like Brielly mentioned go with the K&N filter too.
        And no on the computer. The computer didn't come into use till the 83 model year.
        joe
        "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• Stuka
          • Jan 21, 2001

ok cool [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• mtn goat
            304 AMC
            • Apr 30, 2001

[quote] The computer didn't come into use till the 83 model year[quote]

Not true, my 82 has the computer controlled BBD and distibuter...I would like to ditch it but I'm too poor right now
            \'82 Cherokee WIDE TRACK<br />258/T176/NP208/D44/20 Rack of Tad, BIG Orange fender, funny blue hood!<br />I must go and tend to my molecules, they need me to grow big and strong...Polymer Power!!!!

Comment

• Stuka
              • Jan 21, 2001

my 81 has the computer..but it isnt hooked up to the distributer or the carb. Has a whole bunch of wires going into it though.

Comment

• brielly
                350 Buick
                • Dec 30, 2002

Search the internet for the nutter bypass which takes the computer out of the equation. Or maybe someone did it already on your vehicle.
                For Sale Custom built reproduction Rhino Grilles http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...24#post1676924PM me for details or email [email protected]

1982 Cherokee Chief 258 6 cyl, AX-15, NP208, mopar mpfi, hydroboost brakes.

1983 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 258 6cyl*SOLD*

Comment

Working...
                X