X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resbum
    327 Rambler
    • Jun 16, 2010

Excellent build, lobie. I scanned the thread real quick once before, but this AM I went through it over my morning coffee. Very nice.

Resbum
    Originally posted by Resbum
    "What year is my truck?... Which part?" Build thread- http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/view...p=18290#p18290

Comment

• cma
      350 Buick
      • Jan 26, 2012

you know this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nynG0...eature=related

Amazing...........
      Markus!

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Note: Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson

Cherokee Chief Laredo, 360 cui, selec trac, black, 12/1982

Picture story:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823...eat=directlink

Comment

• lobie
        258 I6
        • Feb 25, 2011

Originally posted by cma
        you know this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nynG0...eature=related

Amazing...........
        Never seen that one. Pretty good. Sounds good too.
        77 Wagoneer | 6.0 | TH400 | NP205 | Sterling 10.5 | Dana 60
        07 6.7 Cummins 2500 4wd

lobie4x4.com
        CFSJC

Comment

• lobie
          258 I6
          • Feb 25, 2011

Excellent build, lobie. I scanned the thread real quick once before, but this AM I went through it over my morning coffee. Very nice.

Resbum
          Thanks.

I really need to get back working on this. I know I said I was going to take a break but did not intend to take this long of one. This is not my only hobby and it's been cold outside (too cold for me) so I've been building a new layout with my son for our N scale trains. This hobby likes my money. Anyone got a hobby that doesn't take money? lol
          07 6.7 Cummins 2500 4wd

lobie4x4.com
          CFSJC

Comment

• lobie
            258 I6
            • Feb 25, 2011

Originally posted by jeepcomj
            Those coil buckets are nice, but I would be putting a bumpstop or even just a piece of tube steel inside of the top...for two reasons.

1..bumpstop would be handy to force more downard articulation of the opposite side.

2. those u-bolts are flat out not something I would trust to keep a coil in. hold it from dropping, sure...keeping it located without sliding off is a different story. those ubolts fail, you're going to have one heck of a day.
            I agree and have a plan to address that issue. I still have some little things to tweak for the suspension. The next goal is to get the engine cranked.
            07 6.7 Cummins 2500 4wd

lobie4x4.com
            CFSJC

Comment

• lobie
              258 I6
              • Feb 25, 2011

Well, I joined here one yr ago today. My foot still kills me every day and it's almost a yr going on my build. I am going to spend tomorrow in the garage. We'll see what gets done.
              07 6.7 Cummins 2500 4wd

lobie4x4.com
              CFSJC

Comment

• Resbum
                327 Rambler
                • Jun 16, 2010

Originally posted by lobie
                Thanks.

I really need to get back working on this. I know I said I was going to take a break but did not intend to take this long of one. This is not my only hobby and it's been cold outside (too cold for me) so I've been building a new layout with my son for our N scale trains. This hobby likes my money. Anyone got a hobby that doesn't take money? lol
                I know about the cold. The shop I'm renting from a friend's landlord for my build only has a pellet stove never meant for the space. I've been dumping $200/mth into pellets just to keep it 10-15 degrees warmer than the outside temp. It's biggest payoff comes from keeping the humidity low.

I think it's cool that you took the free time to do things with your son.

Resbum
                "What year is my truck?... Which part?" Build thread- http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/view...p=18290#p18290

Comment

• lobie
                  258 I6
                  • Feb 25, 2011

I think it's cool that you took the free time to do things with your son.

Resbum
                  He likes helping me out.

Planed on working in the garage and managed to get the intake taped for the boost gauge.
                  Then my bro-in law had their baby. Had to spend the rest of the day driving to Raleigh to say hi and turn around and come home.

07 6.7 Cummins 2500 4wd

lobie4x4.com
                  CFSJC

Comment

• Resbum
                    327 Rambler
                    • Jun 16, 2010

Originally posted by lobie
                    Hey, your workbench looks just like mine. About once a week I have to take a few and reorganize.

Is there a reason you chose that spot to plumb in the boost gauge, or was it just a good spot?

Resbum

Comment

• lobie
                      258 I6
                      • Feb 25, 2011

Hey, your workbench looks just like mine. About once a week I have to take a few and reorganize.

Is there a reason you chose that spot to plumb in the boost gauge, or was it just a good spot?

Resbum
                      Pretty messy. Thats the first time I've been out there in a couple months. I try to keep it a little bit cleaner.

I wanted to get as close to the engine as I could and to have to shortest distance of tubing to run into the dash.

I was planing on putting the pyrometer prob in too but had to leave.

Ordered some parts for the exhaust, fittings for the PS, and a temp switch for the fan this morning. Looks like I will be doing the exhaust this coming wknd.
                      07 6.7 Cummins 2500 4wd

lobie4x4.com
                      CFSJC

Comment

• lobie
                        258 I6
                        • Feb 25, 2011

Did a little work last night and got the pyrometer prob installed in the exhaust manifold. Also started working on the exhaust. Made some flanges to attach the exhaust to the down pipe. Should finish the exhaust up this week.

Pics aren't that great.

07 6.7 Cummins 2500 4wd

lobie4x4.com
                        CFSJC

Comment

• Eugene 1
                          304 AMC
                          • Feb 04, 2006

Looking good Lobie, Im not that far along yet ,but we are pulling the donor engine today and fabbing mounts up tomorrow hopefully
                          JEEP
                          2005 Ram 1500 HemI

Comment

• lobie
                            258 I6
                            • Feb 25, 2011

Worked on the exhaust tonight. Got it all tacked. Take it out and weld it tomorrow.

07 6.7 Cummins 2500 4wd

lobie4x4.com
                            CFSJC

Comment

• lobie
                              258 I6
                              • Feb 25, 2011

Couple more pics.

07 6.7 Cummins 2500 4wd

lobie4x4.com
                              CFSJC

Comment

• lobie
                                258 I6
                                • Feb 25, 2011

I sold my little 5x10 trail last night cause I never use it. Turned around and bought a bunch of parts this morning. Now I just need time to get this thing cranked.

Plans through Sunday are:
                                1. finish welding the exhaust. DONE
                                2. plumb the fuel system DONE
                                3. wire fan and temp switch broke. Need to get another sensor
                                4. get the dash and gauges done

After this I'll need to plumb the PS & hydro boost and do all the fluids.
                                Then we'll turn the key!
                                Last edited by lobie; 03-04-2012, 08:36 AM.
                                07 6.7 Cummins 2500 4wd

lobie4x4.com
                                CFSJC

Comment

Working...
                                X