• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RAMBLINFSJ
    350 Buick
    • Oct 31, 2006

J10 rear window install?

I'm getting ready to install the rear window on my J10. I got the window cleaned and the rubber gasket cleaned but I still have to remove the old dryed up sealant around the pinch weld on the body. I've never installed a window before so if anybody has some helpful hints or suggestions before and during the window install, please tell me. Thanks.
    1984 Wagoneer
    1977 Cherokee Chief (401)
    1982 J-20
    1965 AMC Rambler American 220
  • Tornado230
    350 Buick
    • Sep 14, 2008

Look carefully at the gasket. Since you have removed the window, reverse the operation.
    Place the gasket in the opening with the seal released. Install the glass, close the seal.
    Clean the gasket thoroughly before the installation.

Comment

• Jeff in north Texas
      258 I6
      • Jul 15, 2008

The locking part of the gasket goes toward the outside of the truck. The window then goes in from the outside. Last, you have to start getting the locking strip tucked into it's proper position.
      I do not know how easy or hard that is to do. However, I have watched them being installed, and one trick is to apply plenty of liquid soap to the locking area. Last one I saw done, the mechanic told me he liked to use a liquid hand cleaner like GoJo, as it is a little thicker and stays in place. Use the type without the grit in it.
      Jeff
      1981 J10 Honcho, 360/4 spd.

Comment

Working...
      X