• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mark
    304 AMC
    • Jun 14, 2000

jeep commander question(sorry)

this is for my sons 06 commander and I cant find a definitive answer anywhere.he has the stock wheels with 245/75/17 tires on it and no lift.we found a set of new tires and wheels with sensors and balanced from a 2010 wrangler.they are the same size tires and rim dia.will these bolt right on?i know once you go to an 18 inch rim you need to run spacers but shouldn't 17s be the same?also will the sensors work to keep the dash lite out or will they need to come out of the new set?
    mark<br />76 cherokee chief<br />chevy 502 t-400 np-205<br />dana 60 front corp 14 bolt rear<br />fiberglass fenders and quarters<br />(ABOVE THE LAW)(AND UNDER CONSTRUCTION)<br /> http://<br />&#91;URL=http://www.fsjworl...91;/URL]<br />
  • wiley-moeracing
    350 Buick
    • Feb 15, 2010

you should be fine for tire size and bolting up, as far as the tpms sensor, they may or may not work with the year change, only 1 way to find out.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
      Administrator
      • Oct 31, 2016

MMMMmmm..... daddy likes TPMS. I would love to have it on my Jeep someday. I have a dummy TPMS on my Mazda (just tells me if a tire is below 27PSI) and a good one on the wife's Pathfinder (actually tells me the PSI as the tires spin).

When I swapped rims on my 09 Mazda (from Mazdaspeed3 rims to RX8 rims) there was no impact to my TPMS (I swapped rims and everything worked exactly as it should). I think Mazda uses the Bosch system that is super common. If his Jeep system is anything like the Bosch system you may be good.
      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
      (Cherokee Build Thread)
      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• RamJetFSJ
        350 Buick
        • Jul 18, 2001

I’m pretty sure you’ll need spacers. I ran 17” JK wrangler wheels on my commander at on point, but I don’t recall what year. The offset is different on the wrangler wheels than the commander.
        Ben
        1980 Wagoneer - Ram Jet 350, 700R4, NP208, 4" lift, 33x10.5 tires.

Comment

• Mars
          350 Buick
          • Apr 24, 2010

Should work, you will need to bind them to the new vehicle or it won't know to listen to them. A little google action tells me the TPMS sensors for both the 2010 jk and your 06 commander are the same part number. Just do your TPMS relearn procedure once you bolt up. Provided they do bolt up.
          Wannabe Fabricator
          Grumpy on a good day.
          1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
          What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850

Comment

Working...
          X