• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djmac
    350 Buick
    • Aug 19, 2003

STEERING RAM MOUNTING BRACKET

I have a D60 with highsteer for a front axle. I have a PSC high output PS pump and remote reservoir with a PSC gearbox setup for ram assist. I never installed the ram but I have S Swamper 38 tires and sure could use it. I never mounted the ram because I am not much a welder especially if I have to weld to the pig. That all said has anyone run across a bolt on or close to bolt on bracket for the ram? I have a ram but I am not married to it so if the bracket requires a specific ram I am good.
    82 J10 SOA 6" SPRINGS D60-D70 W/DETROIT LOCKERS 38x15.5 TSL'S on 12" M/T CLASSICS 460 V-8 C-6 CUSTOM EFIS EFI AND HYDROBOOST
  • fsj454
    Long time member
    • Jan 02, 2015

100% Bolt on

I fabed a plate that bolts to the top of the dana 60 u-bolt studs on the drivers side . Been running every day for 2 years with no problems. PM me with text number for pictures.
    1982 cherokee nt. 454. nv4500 .205. dana 60 f+r. twin stick.hydroboost.hydrolic clutch.rock ram.traction bar.warn 12000 winch.4 wheel disc.flip kit.soa.high steer.cross over steer.4.56 detroit locker.35 spline rear alloy axles. 37s .1990 grand wagoneer aka trusty rusty

Comment

• djmac
      350 Buick
      • Aug 19, 2003

Originally posted by fsj454
      I fabbed a plate that bolts to the top of the dana 60 u-bolt studs on the driver's side . Been running every day for 2 years with no problems. PM me with text number for pictures.

Sorry I missed your post but that's exactly what I did. When I installed my springs I left the U bolt long so I was able to fab a plate weld the ears on it bolt it down on the U bolts on top of the spring plate. I was worried about the ram pushing the spring pack around but everyone I have talked too has had no problem with the install. Thanks for your post!
      82 J10 SOA 6" SPRINGS D60-D70 W/DETROIT LOCKERS 38x15.5 TSL'S on 12" M/T CLASSICS 460 V-8 C-6 CUSTOM EFIS EFI AND HYDROBOOST

Comment

• Slim
        327 Rambler
        • Nov 18, 2003

Originally posted by djmac
        I have a D60 with highsteer for a front axle. I have a PSC high output PS pump and remote reservoir .
        can I ask the part number of pump and remote reservoir you are using ? I made up my own set up but would love to get a better set up

77 Cherokee chief ,360 cid,quadra-trac,chopped /bobbed 12" , 8point cage, front exo ,d60frt 14bolt rear ,38.5x14.5x16.5 on beadlocks ,frt & RR winch,OBA ,SOA,shackle flip rear

** Island Rock Crawlers**

4WDABC Member
        BCWF Member

Comment

• djmac
          350 Buick
          • Aug 19, 2003

Originally posted by Slim
          can I ask the part number of pump and remote reservoir you are using ? I made up my own set up but would love to get a better set up

Here is the pump psc md# sp 1405 -3.5 flow rate 1600 psi, I cant find the the rezzy part number but psc has a universal one that will work any where. I would ask them aabout what fluid you should use as well.

Comment

• Slim
            327 Rambler
            • Nov 18, 2003

thanks for the part number.. love to see pics of the pump and rsvr mounted.

the set up I have is out of a Chev van with its remote res. had to do all my own mounts and adj. to fit the pump but now the P/strg belt has clearance issues with the lower rad hose
            77 Cherokee chief ,360 cid,quadra-trac,chopped /bobbed 12" , 8point cage, front exo ,d60frt 14bolt rear ,38.5x14.5x16.5 on beadlocks ,frt & RR winch,OBA ,SOA,shackle flip rear

4WDABC Member
            BCWF Member

Comment

• djmac
              350 Buick
              • Aug 19, 2003

the set up I have is out of a Chev van with its remote res. had to do all my own mounts and adj. to fit the pump but now the P/strg belt has clearance issues with the lower rad hose
              I am out of town for a week or so but when i get back i will be glad to send you some pics

Comment

• fsj454
                Long time member
                • Jan 02, 2015

What Motor

Slim I used a hummer h1 pump in my rock ram because I have Hydroboost brakes and need return line . All good . I use amsoil tractor hydrolic fluid in my pump not one leak drip in years. I have a chevy motor in my jeep
                1982 cherokee nt. 454. nv4500 .205. dana 60 f+r. twin stick.hydroboost.hydrolic clutch.rock ram.traction bar.warn 12000 winch.4 wheel disc.flip kit.soa.high steer.cross over steer.4.56 detroit locker.35 spline rear alloy axles. 37s .1990 grand wagoneer aka trusty rusty

Comment

• Slim
                  327 Rambler
                  • Nov 18, 2003

Originally posted by fsj454
                  Slim I used a hummer h1 pump in my rock ram because I have Hydroboost brakes and need return line . All good . I use amsoil tractor hydrolic fluid in my pump not one leak drip in years. I have a chevy motor in my jeep

thanks .. What I would like to see is how others mounted the new pumps to the V8's because obviously they are no longer mounted in the stock position or with factory mounts.

4WDABC Member
                  BCWF Member

Comment

• djmac
                    350 Buick
                    • Aug 19, 2003

Here are a few pics. This pump is mounted on a Ford 460. The rezzy is mounted on top of the inner fender. If you choose to mount the rezzy on the fender make sure you drill an oversize hole for the hoses running thru. I didn't and found that there was enough flex in the body that it damaged the hose.

Comment

Working...
                    X