• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warrpath4x4
    232 I6
    • Jan 12, 2010

project A.D.D.

project A.D.D. is a whole lot easier to instead of "project 80 powerwagon uh no wait, project 65 cj6 well maybe not, how about project 67 gladiator"

and now with my XJ quitting on me and a little jeeper on the way it is time to step it up.

i started out with a 1980 W200 powerwagon that i bought alot of new parts for, crate motor, new guages, mojave style heater, MSD, 5 point harnesses, buckets seats. worked on it for quite a while, tinker with it, get tired of it, wait a while and tinker with it again. Here comes a kid on the way and with the XJ dead (and not having money to go buy another rig) i needed something that would hold 2 adults, a kid, 2 dogs, and camping gear. so i was going to graft my CJ6 body onto the powerwagon chassis with all the goodies, well the CJ6 needs a whole lot more body work to get rid of rust and then it only has a soft top, probably not the best for a baby to ride in during winter.

well im back to a truck cab due to the fact i have not been able to get anything done around here without a truck to haul stuff or pull the trailers.

so here we go, strip the powerwagon chassis and throw the 67 gladiator body on it.

crate 360, HD44, 60 rear 3.54 ratio for now but the trans makes it feel like 4.56 gears, 435-L with a 6.68 first gear, np205

this is the closest pic i have to it having a body on it

bucket seats i had planned on using but i now need a bench seat for a car seat

the CJ6 i was going to use

no body

gladiator
    someones idea of rust repair

pulled the doors, hood, bumper, seat (which i think was out of a wagoneer since there is an ash tray in the back of the seat)

pulled the saddle tank, im leaving the rear tank and i have a 105 gallon "L" shaped aux fuel tank and tool box that will go in the bed
    Last edited by warrpath4x4; 08-02-2010, 02:55 PM.
    AMSOIL DEALER

North East Oregon 4Wheelers
  • Wayne
    350 Buick
    • Feb 16, 2008

Got a kick out of that rust repair.
    78 Wagoneer 401/T400/bw/44F&R DD 4in lift

Comment

• warrpath4x4
      232 I6
      • Jan 12, 2010

what rust? lol
      AMSOIL DEALER

Comment

• Dr. Marneaus
        360 AMC
        • Jun 16, 2010

Originally posted by Wayne
        Got a kick out of that rust repair.
        Out of sight out of mind, right?
        Originally posted by FSJunkie
        Dr. Marneaus is now officially my idol.
        The Mag - The Wag

The Beast Build Thread:Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread
        1973 Wagoneer - 1987 360 w/ factory 4bbl - TH400 - D20 - D30/D44

Comment

• warrpath4x4
          232 I6
          • Jan 12, 2010

Oh it gets even better, under seal tape they used 2" wood screws to hold it down.

The floor board in the powerwagon wasn't much better. The PO told me he fixed the rust and fiberglassed it. Yah he put silicone over it all and screwed a piece of fiberglass shower wall down over it all.

Trust me, I'm going to plasma out that passenger floor board and weld in some new metal. Luckily that's the worst of the rust.
          AMSOIL DEALER

Comment

• warrpath4x4
            232 I6
            • Jan 12, 2010

better view of my rust problem

might get a chance to work on it this weekend
            AMSOIL DEALER

Comment

Working...