International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Classifieds > "Look Here" for Parts, Vehicles and Vendors > Customer Corner: (Vendor product discussions)

View Poll Results: Which interior is better
BJ offroad ACC 1 33.33%
Team Grand Wagoneer 0 0%
Stock interiors 1 33.33%
Other manufacturer 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2014, 07:56 AM
Noob!

Interior restoration

Hi all, first post and I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find any answers. I am redoing the interior, and later the exterior of MY new 1986 GW and was wondering about the interiors from stock interiors ACC, BJs, and TGW. If any of you have used them and what colors match closely with what was originally in the GW. Basically I want recommendations and complaints if there are any for the only places that seems to sell these interiors. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:41 AM
I'm being stalked by Steve... Save me!

Entire interior? Seats? Carpet? Headliner?

1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited:
Desiree - def: “Much Desired” [orig: French] Desirable Charcoal Gray façade, Wood-grain vêneers,and Tan Leather éssentials"

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association (FJS-PRIS)
Old 07-04-2014, 08:45 AM
Noob!

All the carpet and the headliner, seats are semi new and look pretty good, the rest of the interior still had the factory plastic in the screw and bolt holes. So I'm looking for headliner and carpet. Dash also wasn't to bad and can be cleaned.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:36 PM
I'm being stalked by Steve... Save me!

There's more to than just voting, in my opinion.

Consider customer-support... You can find a plethora of experiences for BJ's and TGW here... Just do some searching.

Since neither the carpet or headliner-material are Jeep specific... You can purchase them anywhere.

As far as the carpet... Most, if no all, is manufactured by ACC... Then it's a matter of upgrading the backing or upgrading the grade from standard to Essex.

Headliner-material: Google

Most vendors will send samples to make color selections.

1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited:
Desiree - def: “Much Desired” [orig: French] Desirable Charcoal Gray façade, Wood-grain vêneers,and Tan Leather éssentials"

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association (FJS-PRIS)
Old 07-05-2014, 12:12 PM
232 I6

I've found some threads here that show nice headliner re-do's. Maybe someone will post a link if you can't find them in a search.

I'm curious what the underside of your roof looks like and how much detail you want to go into.

Are you going to do Dynamat or Hushmat? There was a thread, I can't find, where one of the members did the whole ceiling with one of these products. I'm not sure what the difference is between them if any.

Also, there's a member here that makes roof brackets for adding load capacity. I'm very interested in these myself because I want to get rid of my original luggage rack and build a larger custom roof rack.

Do you have any leaks in your roof? I thought I did in my '79 Wag but when I tore out the sagging worn liner last week all signs pointed to another issue. Apparently, there were no direct leaks. What I did find is evidence that there was a huge condensation issue on the underside of the roof.

I'm personally trying to figure out how to solve this. One thought is to use the Dynamat or another is to spray foam (insulate) it with my industrial spray rig.

Maybe I'm over thinking but then again maybe these are things you might want to think about yourself if you haven't already.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Noob!

I had no roof leaks but did see some condensation around where the headliner was sagging. I'm thinking of using some insulation on the roof as well as the floor boards. Haven't decided yet on what, considering doing the interior w mass backing and a heat sound shield. Still researching all.