International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > Build Threads

Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM
232 I6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps
I am borderline confused today. And I feel tired. I think it is sinking in. The build was almost a way of life for me. A significant chapter of my existence where lots happened. And a lot changed for me. Being done represents closure to several things. Things I need to put behind me. I am looking forward to many exciting (to me) projects I have had in the wings waiting.
I have always been a Jeep guy. Sadie was not the first Jeep I built for a friend. I have one more friend that wants me to rework his 71 CJ-5. I helped him find that one also. I keep saying no, but he keeps insisting and he knows I am weak when it comes to Jeeps.
All the things mentioned about my friendship with Bill are great. And very true. True friends and friendships do not require effort to maintain. I used to say I am lucky. The real true defination is blessed. I am blessed to have Bill and his family to call my family. I am blessed to have what my Grandpa left me, just enough to buy the tools I needed to reach the goals and complete the job at hand. Some people would go on vacation. Not me.
I had the most fun ever. Being on this board with great like minded people always has and will be a hoot. I need to get my 69 X model uncovered. I just hope it does not take as long to get fixed. My wagoneer has no name. It is in better shape than Sadies was at the start. So thats good.

And I realized my tinkering with trying to find better solutions was displayed on this thread. I believe in sharing the information to help save each and every FSJ. So saying the end is weird.

I do have this. I found window wipe clips that are the same as the ones on the aftermarket wipes. So in theory they could be installed on bulk wipes of a different design that might be a better solution. From Midwest Muscle Car Specialties. They are tempered steel and brittle will probably only fold once.
I will try to find a better wipe for all the windows.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/55-80-NOS-C...ss!83856!US!-1

I appreciate this place and the people here. Very much.

Holy cow! I was also looking for those clips to replace the clips on the new window wipes on my drivers door. For some reason, the clips on the wipe don't line up with the holes in my door for the wipe. They are way off. Finally found these from Rock Auto last night and ordered them.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...848728&jsn=784

While searching for stuff for my project, a lot of times my google search would lead me right back to this sight and a lot of times to your build thread. I think that says a lot about the info on this sight and about your build. I certainly appreciate you passing that knowledge on to others.
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM
258 I6

Thank you for spending the time taking photos and documenting this build as you have. It really should be archived in a book form also.

I am fortunate to have followed it from the beginning looking forward to the progress. and watching it to the end. So worth it! I just wish it could be your own to keep.