International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General Chit-Chat

Old 05-07-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker
When your wife whips around a 2500 Burb in the middle of town to fallow a J truck.

Yeah, but she wants it for your collection......now that's the kind of lady that's a keeper

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:56 PM
350 Buick

How true goldhammer she is a keeper. Leaf spring chandelier,CJ5 mirror vanity connecting rod towel holder an tp holder. "Hey man you built your wife a neat truck"
Naw She built it She will be building a J10 soon. Plus getting a I6 block built for the truck. Got her talk into doing air ride on her J20 for the rear. Ex fire truck with utility bed needs no lift just a little smoother ride. It already has a built 360 in it. Just got her a new gun for her birthday. And she puts up with my crippled butt.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:45 PM
232 I6

You might be a FSJ guy if you stop at the gas station to check the fuel and fill the oil...
Old 09-14-2019, 09:56 PM
360 AMC

-If you use more kitty litter to soak up fluid puddles in your garage during the week than your cat(s) use for #1 and #2 in a week...
-If you have ever thought that you absolutely hate your rig and hope it catches on fire and thought you have THE COOLEST rig in your town during the same exact drive...
-if you have ever almost gotten into a wreck, snapping your kneck around to see another $1000 FSJ driving down the road, even though that other rig is a total turd...
-If you have ever paid $300 for a part, then found it 2 days later for $20...
-If the word "Qaudratrac" both excites you and stirs up feelings of terror when you hear it...
-If you say this sentence more than once a month "Yeah, those are factory flares."...
-If you chuckle a little inside everytime someone says "AMC V8 Big block" or "AMC V8 Small block"...
09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
Old 09-15-2019, 07:33 PM
350 Buick

If you've had to explain for the umpteenth time that "Nope, it's actually an AMC 360 - not a Dodge...."
Quote:
Originally Posted by rang-a-stang
-If you have ever thought that you absolutely hate your rig and hope it catches on fire and thought you have THE COOLEST rig in your town during the same exact drive...
HAHAHAHA!!! Almost every drive! >>>>>>repeat...

73 Wagoneer - 4.6L Stroker (yeah baby!!) t176/d300, 3.73's, 33" muds, 4"spring lift, 2" body. Offy dualport w/ Quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:24 AM
350 Buick

Quote:
Originally Posted by backroadin'
If you've had to explain for the umpteenth time that "Nope, it's actually an AMC 360 - not a Dodge...."
HAHAHAHA!!! Almost every drive! >>>>>>repeat...

Both of those! Can't tell you how many times I was told I had a Ford/Dodge/whatever 360 or other part in my old 77 Cherokee....and that was back in the late 80s/early 90s when some of the people should have known better. Oddly, I think there was actually *more* misunderstanding back then. Now there is just *lack of understanding*

And yes, the love/hate relationship with our rigs is...well, a constant....literally!

Here's a few more:

-You are surprised when another Jeep driver actually DOES do the Jeep wave to you!
-You have heard a variation of the following more times than you can count: *I didn't know Jeep made pickups*.
-The only car that gets as much attention/interest from you is an Eagle!
-You're in a different city/town that you haven't been to before, or in a long time, and you have to drive around....and you mentally make note of where you spot any FSJ...including doubling back to get a better look at certain ones.
-You have ever had a moment when you're driving along and your head just pivots to the side and there is a FSJ....like a magnetic pull, you were not expecting to see one, but there it is. I have had this happen to me a number of times...and it's eerie, but cool at the same time!
-You buy a Matchbox just because it's a Grand Wagoneer and it's as close as you're likely to get to your own rig in a tiny diecast.
-You buy more than one of the above and take some apart and repaint in the color of your rig...or former rig. Did this with a Majorette Cherokee and it still looks great....and still keep it near my desk as a regular smile inducer.
-You actually laugh at most of the comments in this thread...cause only *we* would understand.

Some dogs, a few fountain pens...and too many sewing machines...
Old 09-16-2019, 07:40 PM
232 I6

If you've got a permanent open wound on the back of your head from hitting the hood latch after looking at your engine.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:38 PM
360 AMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillyMcGee
If you've got a permanent open wound on the back of your head from hitting the hood latch after looking at your engine.
BBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! SOOOOoooooo True!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
Old 09-18-2019, 08:40 PM
350 Buick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillyMcGee
A lift kit usually fixes this.......

73 Wagoneer - 4.6L Stroker (yeah baby!!) t176/d300, 3.73's, 33" muds, 4"spring lift, 2" body. Offy dualport w/ Quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:43 PM
232 I6

IF your 8 and 6 yr old constantly point out rusted out, rough POS trucks because it reminds them of the Jeep you are working on.

" Dad look at that truck ( insert POS) , thats cool hey dad!"
Old 09-18-2019, 08:49 PM
350 Buick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnkleMunky
-The only car that gets as much attention/interest from you is an Eagle!

-You buy a Matchbox just because it's a Grand Wagoneer and it's as close as you're likely to get to your own rig in a tiny diecast.

I actually have several including the Majorette one!!! Will buy 'em anytime I see 'em!
And I always wanted an Eagle SX4 as a kid!!!

Old 09-25-2019, 07:31 AM
232 I6

You might be a jeep guy if you've got more BJ's Offroad bumper stickers than you do dollar bills.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:06 AM
230 Tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rang-a-stang
-If you use more kitty litter to soak up fluid puddles in your garage during the week than your cat(s) use for #1 and #2 in a week...

At this point I've considered buying cat litter in bulk.

Related to your second point:

If you have ever left your garage unlocked and thought that if someone happens to steal your FSJ, well, it's no longer your problem!

When you look at the PO's "wiring job" and think to yourself it would have been better for everyone if this thing started on fire a long time ago.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:29 AM
350 Buick

The only thing worse then PO wire job. Is a PO paid wiring to a car wiring expert. We had a Wag out front that had close to 500 wiring that was paid to a car wire expert company. 20 plus butt connectors under the wet carpet.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:15 AM
Señor Jackhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh
At this point I've considered buying cat litter in bulk.
HaHaHa! I buy cat litter 160# at a time, free shipping. It's all for cats though. With 6 cats, I got tired of toting it home in a 20-25# box.

I live on a gravel road with a gravel parking area at the house. Leaks go in the ground. No guilt. Kill the planet one drip at a time.
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s and a few Evil Twin mods, http://eviltwinfab.com and a few TT's Fabworks mods, http://www.ttsfabworks.com
76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
Old 09-29-2019, 08:13 AM
230 Tornado

The way I see it, petroleum comes outta the ground, so few drips in the dirt is me doing some recycling!