• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spectre
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Nov 26, 2004

Partial Holley TBI Parts Interchange List

(I promised this to a member some time ago - just now got around to it.)

Here's a partial list of commonly-available replacement parts for the Holley TBI system. This was compiled from information provided by Holley, interchange guides, and other members here (Hi, David and Janey!). No guarantees of accuracy, etc., etc., though I have tried my best to make sure that they're correct.

Oxygen Sensor (Holley 43-106):
    Standard Motor Parts SG20
    Borg Warner OS117
    Bosch 12008
    Bosch/Napa BSA12008
    AC-Delco 213-1298

Throttle Position Sensor (Holley 543-3 - the one that goes out if it even *scents* water):
    (NAPA) Mileage Plus MPF31988
    (NAPA) Echlin CRB21988
    Wells TPS102

Coolant Temp Sensor (Holley 534-2):
    Borg Warner WT3000

With these numbers, hopefully people should be able to come up with more interchanges if need be.
    Last edited by Spectre; 06-18-2006, 02:01 PM.
    "Battlewagon": 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (w/ Tow Pack) - Urban Assault Wagon under construction - TFI, TBI, CS144, Aftermarket Sanden, Explorer Power Seats, 4" Lift, 16" AHI wheels and much much more; click here for a full list of modifications and gear, links to writeups/posts and more info.

Daily Driver: Modified 1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas.
  • jeepzilla47
    350 Buick
    • Jun 14, 2003

thanks, good info
    Mike Hildreth...aka Tubby
    "From nothing we have risen, and from nothing, we still rise!!" (Hatebreed)

84 GW in progress
    fuel injected 454/th400/203/205/hpd60/ff14b 4.88/welded/4wdb/dbl/39.5 iroks/gm springs/rb shackle flip/ hydraulic assist

Comment

• Michael
      AMC 4 OH! 1

• Sep 11, 2001

just an update. The coolant temp sensor only works for the 4bbl system not the 2bbl. The 2bbl system uses a one wire sensor where as the wt3000 is a two wire. Use the holley part # on their website. It is cheaper than a borg warner and is available at your local parts store they can get it in about 1 day usually.
      1994 YJ
      Amc 360
      TF727
      Stak 3 speed
      44" Pitbull Rockers on Trailworthy H1's
      Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
      401....new project

Tow Rig Daily Driver// 2007 6.7 CTD Dually

Comment

• Spectre
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Nov 26, 2004

You're right. I forgot to include this from Dave, who sent me the info:

The coolant temp sensor that Holley used grounds internally, so only one wire goes to it from the ECM. The GM sensor is externally grounded but uses the same values. Just run the black wire from the sensor to ground. That is why I gave you the part # for the one with the connector. The Holley sensor just uses a spade connector.

Holley part number 534-2 is the original sensor for the system, but all the local parts stores I checked said that they either couldn't crossreference it or couldn't get it in less than a week or so. You got a reference or referral I could use?

[ January 15, 2006, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Spectre ]
        "Battlewagon": 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (w/ Tow Pack) - Urban Assault Wagon under construction - TFI, TBI, CS144, Aftermarket Sanden, Explorer Power Seats, 4" Lift, 16" AHI wheels and much much more; click here for a full list of modifications and gear, links to writeups/posts and more info.

Comment

It will work Michael, I have had it on mine for almost a year.

[ January 15, 2006, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Chevelleguy ]
          David "If all else fails, read the instructions."
          83 Wag Lt,BJ's 6"lift,360/727/Pinned229,D44/trac-lok,AMC20/lock-right,35/12.50 Baja MTZ,Pro-Jection EFI.
          10$ NP229 fix http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=2520

Comment

• Rob z
            350 Buick
            • May 05, 2005

Spectre, is your TBI up and running yet?
            89 Grand Rottweiler shuttle

Comment

• Spectre
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Nov 26, 2004

Not yet, I'm in the middle of the install right now. The throttle body is on, the original feed's been converted to a return line, the wires are through the dashboard access port, and the oxygen sensor's on/in. What's left is installing the CTS, dropping the tank shield, and running the pump and new feed lines.

Comment

• Spectre
                AMC 4 OH! 1
                • Nov 26, 2004

Update and bump for people's interest.

No new interchanges, but I've had the system up and running for a number of months now.

One note - the Transdapt TBI adapters DO NOT WORK on the stock 360 two barrel intake manifolds.

Comment

• Mr. Goatman
                  327 Rambler
                  • Jan 05, 2006

Thanks for the great info. If I need to update my injectors with the new pod and style injectors what size do I need to get?
                  Remember; When it comes to tools and toys forgiveness is ALWAYS easier than permission!

Comment

• Spectre
                    AMC 4 OH! 1
                    • Nov 26, 2004

Holley is a bit unclear on the subject, but their documentation seems to indicate that they used the 522-40 injectors, rated at 90pph each. That's more than a stock 360 needs, though, so you can use the more common 86pph units.

That said, do me a favor and call Holley (I'm tied up at work today and cannot get time to call them) at (270) 781-9741 and ask them, just to make sure.

Comment

• Mr. Goatman
                      327 Rambler
                      • Jan 05, 2006

Been checking around to find a new TPS locally. It seems that Holley through Summit has the best price I can find. Below are the local costs.
                      (NAPA) Mileage Plus MPF31988 ($44.99)
                      (
                      NAPA) Echlin CRB21988 ($92.99)
                      Wells TPS102 (Autozone) (43.99)

O’Reilly Auto EC1003 Borg Warner ($88.99)
                      None are available in store... must be ordered. NAPA crossed the part number for me and says that it fits...
                      83 S-10 with 2.0L
                      Firebird, sunbird with 2.0

Camero with 5L

I guess I'll order the part through Summit...unless anyone knows that one of these parts are better (read :"not so sensitive to water")

Remember; When it comes to tools and toys forgiveness is ALWAYS easier than permission!

Comment

• Mr. Goatman
                        327 Rambler
                        • Jan 05, 2006

BTW... called Holley today. The correct part number (according to them) for the injectors 522-43. It is rated at 60pph@12PSI and 85pph@21PSI.

Comment

• Mr. Goatman
                          327 Rambler
                          • Jan 05, 2006

Bump, Anyone have an opinion about the TPS quality?

Comment

• crispyboy
                            304 AMC
                            • May 14, 2002

I can say one thing about Wells TPS quality. The Autozone part lasted about a 3 weeks and went bad. I have a customefis system and I went back and purchased a genuine GM part from a local parts house. No more problems for two years straight.

I would buy anything else but never a Wells part.
                            Steve<br />1986 J-20 360 cid/auto, trac-loc, custom efis tbi, flowkooler, aluminum cross flow radiator, rhino-liner, working AC. <br />1990 GW trac-loc, Engle cam and aluminum cross flow radiator.
                            <br /><br />\"The best Jeeps came from the past when gay meant you were happy and Aids was an appetite suppressant"

Comment

Working...
                            X