• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TGrandWagon
    230 Tornado
    • Jan 06, 2020

Holley Sniper EFI Returnless Self-Tuning Fuel Injection Systems 550-511D

Has anyone installed one of these with the in tank pump?
    If so, was it hard to install the fuel pump? Any issues or concerns.
    Getting ready to buy one and was going to also buy HolleySniper EFI HyperSpark Distributor Kit to work with it.
  • Carbinekid
    230 Tornado
    • May 24, 2020

I would love to see some feedback and outcome on this as well please post if you go through with it .

Comment

• Ristow
      • Jan 20, 2006

After selling my 1 ton Commando rock crawler a few months ago due to the latest addition to our new family, we started hunting for a more baby friendly old Jeep. That's when I came across a member here thinking about thinning his herd. Two weeks ago I took my girls 5 hours south to check out Adam's collection of FSJs in
      Originally posted by Hankrod
      Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
      ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
      I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• GWNashville
        232 I6
        • Dec 28, 2016

Holley Universal Pump

I just finished this a couple days ago. It was pretty straight forward. The tricky part was drilling the holes and getting a good seal. I used JB Weld plastic to fill in small holes I made in the side of tank, so the head would fit. I re used my fuel sending unit and installed it in the hole where the vent use to be. Had to open the vent hole up and trim the edges of sending unit so everything would fit. If you have any questions I'll be glad to help.

Last edited by GWNashville; 05-29-2020, 06:04 AM.
        Richard
        GWNashville
        Email:[email protected]
        1989 Grand Wagoneer 360 c.i.
        727 Transmission
        Sniper EFI Hyperspark
        Serehill Rear Glass and Fog Light Harness.

Comment

• pickledtoast
          232 I6
          • Feb 13, 2018

Originally posted by GWNashville
          I just finished this a couple days ago. It was pretty straight forward. The tricky part was drilling the holes and getting a good seal. I used JB Weld plastic to fill in small holes I made in the side of tank, so the head would fit. I re used my fuel sending unit and installed it in the hole where the vent use to be. Had to open the vent hole up and trim the edges of sending unit so everything would fit. If you have any questions I'll be glad to help.
          Nice job getting that holley fuel pump assembly grafted to the oem tank. I didn't think that was possible.

I spend days getting the OEM fuel sender/pickup modified to accept the fuel pump. I think it would be smarter to use one of those engine-bay fuel sumps.

Comment

• GWNashville
            232 I6
            • Dec 28, 2016

Nashville GW

You are probably right about the sump tank. I used the stock sending unit and installed it in the previous vent hole. Hopefully there will be no issues with the sending unit. Let you know.

Richard
            GWNashville
            Email:[email protected]
            1989 Grand Wagoneer 360 c.i.
            727 Transmission
            Sniper EFI Hyperspark
            Serehill Rear Glass and Fog Light Harness.

Comment

Working...
            X