• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kreter
    232 I6
    • Jul 10, 2014

69 Jtruck Restromod

This will be initially just a picture dump until I get to the cooler stuff later on.

Todays Progress.

I got the axle from Boston Bob thinking it was a 4.10... Sadly, it was a 3.54. So it won't match my 4.10 60-2.

Aaron hooked me up with disk brake brackets tho, so who cares.

I won't be able to fully dismantle it today as I misplaced my spindle nut socket.

Untitled by chris thompson, on Flickr

• Jpzyr
    230 Tornado
    • Sep 03, 2018

how's the progress on this restomod?

Comment

• Kreter
      232 I6
      • Jul 10, 2014

Well, I'm ditching the axle I've already posted. Without it being a 4.10, its not worth monkeying with over a drivers drop wide track. So I'm slowly soaking a rusted POS I have so it can be dismantled.

This past Saturday a buddy and I pulled the 69 front clip from the truck and took the truck to the new owner. And the wrangler that was in the one car garage with it loaded on the trailer to take to storage. Hopefully I'll find a new owner for it.

Tomorrow I'll get the 60-2 prepped and hopefully the disk brakes I"ll need for it located. It is a 6 lug so the traditional conversion won't work. Most likely I'll get it painted as well.

Rear leaf springs will get painted as well. Front needs to be sand blasted first, however.

I'll post more pictures tomorrow night.

Comment

• Kreter
        232 I6
        • Jul 10, 2014

Here is the 60-2. Monkeying around with trying to find a 6 lug rotor that will slip on the outside. Prolly not that lucky.

Pretty rough front axle with 2.73 or 3.31 gears.

The long bed frame from a 83 J10

Last but not least a custom cab from either a 65 or 66, supposedly.

I've got two weeks to get the axles built and ready before a buddy comes over and we get them under the frame. Goal is to get the frame sanded, cleaned up, and painted in a day.

Comment

• mud89
          304 AMC
          • Nov 18, 2009

Nice catch for the cab with the small rear window. Wondering if you still have the tags on this cab and what's the VIN ?
          J10 sportside '81, J10 Golden Eagle '77, Wagoneer '65, Gladiator '64 + parts rigs

Comment

• Kreter
            232 I6
            • Jul 10, 2014

Originally posted by mud89
            Nice catch for the cab with the small rear window. Wondering if you still have the tags on this cab and what's the VIN ?
            It didn't, unfortunately.

Comment

• Kreter
              232 I6
              • Jul 10, 2014

Man, third axle was a charm. Used the pass drop 4.10 dana 44 from out of my wrangler. I don't know if I'll get it rebuilt by the 15th which was an assembled and rebuilt frame and axles (minus rear brakes). But oh well. A long 8 hour day came with it "rolling". Didn't realize the dana 60-2 had larger studs so I'm using rollers until I can get some lug nuts in.

43877768_2265046626901401_6544427177142648832_n by chris thompson, on Flickr

Comment

• Kreter
                232 I6
                • Jul 10, 2014

Had the hardest time getting hubs for this jeep, still haven't gotten them. I have 7 dana 44 6 lug hubs and 4 different versions. The big spindle hub doesn't even fit the big spindle. The small spindle hub contacts the spindle studs. I'm gonna have to buy a complete axle for cheap to be able to just use the hubs and the spindles. Ugh.

A buddy, Cole from STL for those in the local know, stripped the cab for me yesterday while I caught a wedding. Today I was able to get the some of the sanding and priming done today. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have the cab fully sanded, bonded, and primed.

Comment

• SOLSAKS
                  304 AMC
                  • Jul 25, 2016

Kreter,

that is a nice frame, nice job cleaning and painting too

this will be a great truck.

and i love that dog, especially the way he is posing and smiling

it looks like he is as proud of the truck as you....

hope he gets to ride in it !

dave in NC
                  SOLSAKS - dave
                  1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
                  1982 J-10 Fleetside
                  1988 grand wagoneer
                  2004 RUBICON jeep
                  Benson, NC

Comment

Working...
                  X