• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arter
    327 Rambler
    • Jan 07, 2001

AirSensor TBI

Bought the 79 with this AirSensor TBI EFI. Hope to move whole engine into 86 GW. No manual/paperwork. Anyone familiar with this set-up or know where to find more info?
    Thanks
    Art
    M715NT; TBI 401, 400, 1339, 44's, 4.10's, ARB's, 35's, wag frame
  • Ralph
    Third Member
    • Apr 11, 2000

Veepster already has one installed. I'm waiting for one to arrive, so I'll be in the same boat as you when it gets here (won it on eBay). The same throttle body is now used in Accel's TBI setup, but Accel is electronically managed whereas the old Air Sensors were analog (like Holley's basic TBI systems).

Veepster will offer me guidance in modifying the throttle body so I can fit a throttle position sensor. I intend to manage the throttle body with either a Holley Commander 950 or a Haltech E6 computer (both also manage ignition timing). Another good choice is Electromotive, especially if you want to get the extra juice of a distributorless ignition system.

------------------
    J ust
    E mpty
    E very
    P ocket
    We did it to Japan. We can do it to it to Iran!

Comment

• Veepster
      350 Buick
      • May 14, 2000

hey Arter.........By you have your hands full!!

AAAHHHH...Airsensors!.....I have all the docs you could ever imagine!...are they helpful? well that is another story!...they are quite complex...if it works on the motor do not touch any of the knobs!!!....once you start tuning that you are in for a can of worms!....there are 11 knobs(4 on the outside, 7 on the inside) that need to be adjusted and changing one knob wil affect at least 3 or 4 of the other knobs....
      gotto go

------------------
      Peace.............BartG

the Green Flash!
      360ci
      Custom 4v TBI
      Edelbrock Performer Manifold
      TH400, QT with low
      4" skyjacker suspension lift, 3" body lift Rancho 9000's
      33x12.50 BFG KO's 8" American Racing Baja Rims
      Thorley headers, 3" exhaust, Dyno Max
      Infiniti power leather seats
      Custom billet shift knob by Millerluck
      50%Luxury Car, 50%Tractor
      Peace.............BartG<br /><br />The Green Flash!<br /><br />360ci Custom 4v TBI<br />TH400, Parttime QT with low, TFI Upgrade<br />Edelbrock Performer Manifold,<br />4\" skyjacker susp & 3\" body lift<br />Rancho 9000\'s 33x12.50 BFG KO\'s <br />8\" American Racing Baja Rims<br />Thorley headers, 3\" exh, Dyno Max<br />Infiniti power leather seats<br />Billet shift knob by Millerluck<br />50%Luxury Car 50%Tractor<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamgodspeed.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.teamgodspeed.com</a>

Comment

• arter
        327 Rambler
        • Jan 07, 2001

Thanks for the replies!
        Veepster-would it be possible-at your convenience-to get copies of the more important aspects of AirSensor TBI? I could send a roll of dimes for the copy machine
        Luckily I resisted the urge to fiddle with the settings. 79 also has a J&S Electronics module in the glove box as well as a ZT Driving Computer, are these in any way part of the AirSensor system? This truck went through some kind of evolutionary process, wires everywhere, many terminating in air.
        Ralph-very interesting project-would like to follow-will you be posting your progress?
        I really enjoy this board.
        Thanks again
        Art

Comment

• Veepster
          350 Buick
          • May 14, 2000

sorry for the delay Arter......do you still need the info?

------------------
          Peace.............BartG

the Green Flash!
          360ci
          Custom 4v TBI
          TH400, QT with low
          Peace.............BartG<br /><br />The Green Flash!<br /><br />360ci Custom 4v TBI<br />TH400, Parttime QT with low, TFI Upgrade<br />Edelbrock Performer Manifold,<br />4\" skyjacker susp & 3\" body lift<br />Rancho 9000\'s 33x12.50 BFG KO\'s <br />8\" American Racing Baja Rims<br />Thorley headers, 3\" exh, Dyno Max<br />Infiniti power leather seats<br />Billet shift knob by Millerluck<br />50%Luxury Car 50%Tractor<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamgodspeed.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.teamgodspeed.com</a>

Comment

• Ralph
            Third Member
            • Apr 11, 2000

Don't know about him, Veepinator, but I sure do. The set arrived and I'm wondering what you want out of it.

If nothing, then I'll definitely need a schematic. This ECU is electronic, not analog as I previousloy thought. It has a RS232C type port on the back, and I'm pretty danged sure that ain't for no printer connection!

------------------
            J ust
            E mpty
            E very
            P ocket
            We did it to Japan. We can do it to it to Iran!

Comment

• arter
              327 Rambler
              • Jan 07, 2001

Veepster,
              Thanks and you bet! I've left most of the AirSensor connections and anything that looks like it might have been part of it be, hoping to find more info to have a better idea of what the PO did right and what, if anything, he fudged a bit. I'm interested in as much information as you have available. Do you have a scanner? I have a fax machine, but perhaps a money order for copies and postage would be best. Need any body parts from a '79 wag, burgundy in/out? Whatever works best for you.
              Thanks again,
              Art

Comment

• Veepster
                350 Buick
                • May 14, 2000

Ralph.....the deal still stands as discussed....if you don't recall, e-mail me..

Arter....no worries on the $$$ I will make copies and send you everything I have.....oh also....what is the model number on that unit??...and I ma sure there is a few things I will need off the wag...

------------------
                Peace.............BartG

the Green Flash!
                360ci
                Custom 4v TBI
                TH400, QT with low

Comment

• arter
                  327 Rambler
                  • Jan 07, 2001

Veepster,
                  You da best! Model N 8A. I'll email with my address. Hope to return the favor sometime.
                  Thanks
                  Art

Comment

Working...
                  X