Has anyone used a Champion 10,000 lb Winch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phatmax95
    327 Rambler
    • May 28, 2004

Has anyone used a Champion 10,000 lb Winch?

They have one at Sams Club right now for $366. I did some searching on the web and couldn't find much. It comes with a receiver mount also.. here is a pic of it:

Tyler
    1980 Wagoneer, 360, 727, 208, D44 HP & D60, 37x12.50x17's, SOA, TFI, OBA
    http://www.flickr.com/phatmax95
    http://www.photobucket.com/phatmax95
    http://www.youtube.com/phatmax95
    Carolina Full Size Jeep Club - CFSJC.com
    East Coast Invasion 2011 - June 9, 10, 11, 12 !!
  • 1977cherokeechief
    350 Buick
    • Apr 21, 2007

if there is a warenty on it (like a lifetime or a good warreny) i say go for it, thats a good deal on 10,000 lb winch.
    nate

the new fixer upper
    1977 cherokee chief
    360, th400, QT
    33" tires
    edelbrock 600cfm

82 mustang 5.0 5 speed. ford racing intake, edelbrock, offbrand long tubes, and glass packs.

Originally posted by jamsni
    Just explain that you are trying to do your part to stimulate the economy. Buying it is just the right thing to do.

Comment

• Sambo
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Sep 25, 2001

buddy of mine has one! works well
      he yanks his 1 ton blazer around with it!
      77 chero DEAD.
      84wag,360,tf727,???! possiblities are d300 flipped and a ford d44 hp with coils

Comment

• Dirtball
        304 AMC
        • Apr 10, 2006

Checking the warranty is your best bet... there are lots of those winches branded with different names. I'd look around, including Ebay, and you'll see what I mean. They're all about the same price, but some places offer lots better warranties. I think, though I may be wrong, that Harbor Freight offers a lifetime warranty on theirs...

One more bottom line type thing: most winches will work fine with occasional use. It's only when you use them all the time... meaning weekend after weekend, or for lots of long hard pulls... that the overall better quality of Warn and Ramsey come into play (if Ramsey is still made in the USA). That's where you'll see the quality difference.

If you only want it for show and occasional use then all of the inexpensive ones will probably do fine.

It's the route I'm taking...
        '
        Paul
        1979 Cherokee N/T
        360/TH400/Qtrac/D44s/rear Lock-right
        6 inch Hell Creek all spring lift
        34x10.50 Super Swamper LTBs
        http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t/100_1394.jpg
        http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t/100_1390.jpg
        http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...100_1387-2.jpg

Comment

• Mud Buzzard
          232 I6
          • Sep 22, 2007

Check out the T-Max winches too. Made in Australia, but they are good quality.
          592hp and 44" Vs..plowing a field near you!

Comment

• welchct
            232 I6
            • May 04, 2005

superwinch is the only way to go.

I am in the prosess of selling all my warns to buy EP9000I's.

my xd9000i only lasted for 20,000 ft worth of pulls or about 300 good pulls. not very inprested. I figured it would be the last winch I would buy but after 2 years of wheeling its toast. I am much much harder on my rig than most but that is because I wheele at least once a week. I only live 4 miles from Super Lift ORV and do recovery at the park on open weekends.
            FSJ buggy
            5.3/4l60e/flipped 300
            60/70 locked with 6.16's
            4 link/flipped waggys
            PSC hydro
            42" Iroks/ double bead locks

79 cherokee WT
            390/401 heads/727/208
            60/60 locked 5.15's
            spring over/shackle reversal
            38" sx's

00 TJ unders the knife
            6.2 gen4/4l60e/doubled 4:1 231's
            60/60 35 spl. detroits/5.13
            coilovers
            42" tsl's

Comment

• imiceman44
              327 Rambler
              • Feb 25, 2006

Originally posted by welchct
              superwinch is the only way to go.

I am in the prosess of selling all my warns to buy EP9000I's.

my xd9000i only lasted for 20,000 ft worth of pulls or about 300 good pulls. not very inprested. I figured it would be the last winch I would buy but after 2 years of wheeling its toast. I am much much harder on my rig than most but that is because I wheele at least once a week. I only live 4 miles from Super Lift ORV and do recovery at the park on open weekends.
              For what you do, you need a WARN 12k
              You can't use the 9000 that much because you are at the limit of the winch, if you want long working time (high duty cycle) you need to be rated more than your pulls.
              As for the winch in question here in the thread, Costco has the same winch and a friend of mine told me about it, it seems it's built by one of the big companies under the name Champion and it's a good unit.
              I agree for the occasionnal use I would go with a cheaper unit especially that I don't trust warranties anyway if I get a few uses out of it for that price I am good.
              IceMan

Comment

• homers
                232 I6
                • Apr 30, 2006

Seems that all decisions about purchasing for my vehicle are coming down to this- do you shell out for the item you want/desire and probably won't use to its capabilities or do you sacrifice for what will suite your needs. I would love to have the high dollar warn or ramsey unit, but as was stated the price/warranty combo of the champion unit outweighs my dream setup and will work for my needs too.
                The beatings will continue until morale improves

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

Comment

• cajun_lad
                  350 Buick
                  • Feb 17, 2006

Reviving from the dead...
                  Saw the Champion 10,000 lb winches at my local Sam's this past weekend for $399...... very tempting.
                  Joey
                  Jeep-Less

Comment

• frhrwa
                    230 Tornado
                    • Feb 16, 2009

well there is always the old addage, you can buy three for the price of one.. so, if it last you a year or two, you can still get another, and another, and in the case of some Warn's, yet another.. I have to read a little more "pro" about them before I venture out and have to rely on something I'm not totally convinced of yet.. my Warn never let me down.. but these days, the $$ counts.. so....

Comment

• imiceman44
                      327 Rambler
                      • Feb 25, 2006

Originally posted by frhrwa
                      well there is always the old addage, you can buy three for the price of one.. so, if it last you a year or two, you can still get another, and another, and in the case of some Warn's, yet another.. I have to read a little more "pro" about them before I venture out and have to rely on something I'm not totally convinced of yet.. my Warn never let me down.. but these days, the $$ counts.. so....
                      For me it's about how much do I need it, if I think I might need it once if I get stuck but I normally don't get stuck, then I would buy a cheap one and if I have to use it, do so carefully knowing it's not the best out there.
                      If I was the type that only goes on trials where you have to winch all day long, I would go for the best winch.
                      I wasn't like that when I was single and making tons of money I was buying the best no matter what.
                      Now things have changed.
                      IceMan

Comment

Working...
                      X