• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chr1s
    360 AMC
    • Jun 17, 2003

rear air dam/spoiler Please Help

Ok, I just got a rear air dam/spoiler thingie whatever (thanks Eugene75) for my Wagoneer, it looks like its held on by well nuts. Does anybody know where the holes should go? Or should I just line it up, mark it, drill it and be done with it?
    Any help WILL be appreciated. Thanks
    chr1s
    87 Grand Wagoneer -(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)- "TROLL SMASHER II"
    88 Grand Wagoneer- GONE
    "many miles away, there's a shadow on the door, of a cottage on the shore, of a dark Scottish lake......many miles away..."
    304 AMC
    • Dec 28, 2001

You got mark it and drill it. Just make sure it is lined up!
    1979 Cherokee WT, 360 4 barrel T18, Dana 20 twin-stick, SOA with a RB Shackle Flip, 4.27s, Hydroboost brakes, TFI upgrade, J-10 Rear axle w/rear Caddy disc brakes and 37" MTRs

Comment

• Gregorio
      350 Buick
      • Apr 21, 2000

No! No! Absolutly not! It won't fit. Send it to me! I'll haul it to the land fill! [img]smile.gif[/img]
      \'87 GW \"Big Grin\"<br />They fear freedom. They prefer to be told. They like to be ordered around. They love their chains and kiss their manacles. What men!?<br /> Elissa, in ?And Then There Were None?

Comment

• irbob
        360 AMC
        • Apr 11, 2000

Do u have the well nuts yet? If not check with Sutherlands if u have one near by. The auto parts stores only had metric ones here but Sutherlands had the 1/4x20's. Basically the air dam is attached as far back as possible but let me get a measurement for u in the morning just to make sure.
        Bob
        83 Wagoneer Brougham (Rolled) Woooof
        83 Wagoneer Limited (Parts Rig) Woooof II

Comment

• imported_Big Red
          304 AMC
          • Dec 28, 2001

Bob!!! What's up?!?!?!
          1979 Cherokee WT, 360 4 barrel T18, Dana 20 twin-stick, SOA with a RB Shackle Flip, 4.27s, Hydroboost brakes, TFI upgrade, J-10 Rear axle w/rear Caddy disc brakes and 37" MTRs

Comment

• chr1s
            360 AMC
            • Jun 17, 2003

thanks for the replies.
            irbob, I appreciate the extra help. We dont have Sutherlands here but someone did post that True Value might have them so I will check there first.
            Maybe someone can tell me why the airdamn was offered as an option? I mean what does it really do? Was it installed at the factory or dealer? Did it come in a special package (towing?)? I always wondered. I think they make Grand Wagoneers stand out much more.
            88 Grand Wagoneer- GONE
            "many miles away, there's a shadow on the door, of a cottage on the shore, of a dark Scottish lake......many miles away..."

Comment

• irbob
              360 AMC
              • Apr 11, 2000

Not much Chris. How is your rig off road? Heard u took it up arround the fort.

chr1s...ur welcome...the dam thing is to help keep dust from settleing on the rear window although it isn't 100% affective in doing so. Probly don't do the gas milage any good either. It's a factory install. Oh and I didn't get those measurements yet but will really, really try in the morning. I would right now but I'm kind of at work.
              Bob

Comment

• Max Power
                327 Rambler
                • Sep 25, 2001

Here ya go chr1s, I found some old pics I took at the junkyard... hope it helps... BIG PICS, sorry dialup peeps, but it makes it easier to read the tape measure

Cheers,
                Robert
                www.rbk3.com/fsj
                1980 Jeep Cherokee Laredo WT 360/727/208
                1980 MBZ Euro 300D 4-speed manual - Oil Squeezer
                1984 MBZ Euro 300D 5-speed manual - Oil Squeezer

Comment

• woodybeone
                  304 AMC
                  • Sep 02, 2001

Here's some pics from an old post of mine:
                  Left Side
                  Right Side
                  Romans 8:28

Brian Ray

"If everyone's against you it means your absolutely wrong.....or absolutely right "

Comment

• woodybeone
                    304 AMC
                    • Sep 02, 2001

Oh yeah.
                    Make sure you use a collar/stop on the drill bit so you don't drill thru the headliner ! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    Romans 8:28

Brian Ray

"If everyone's against you it means your absolutely wrong.....or absolutely right "

Comment

• imported_Big Red
                      304 AMC
                      • Dec 28, 2001

You can get a set of the well nuts from BJ's. They are perfect!!

Big Red did really well. No problems!! Forgot to disconnect my quick disconnects...DUH! ANyway it really crawls in first gear in low range. Wish wooooof was ready!!

[ August 16, 2003, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Big Red ]

Comment

• chr1s
                        360 AMC
                        • Jun 17, 2003

You guys are the best!!! Angus, and Woodybeone thanks for the pics! A huge help!
                        On a side note: I picked up everything (except plug wires) for my TFI today @ auto zone. Some of the parts were cheaper than I thought they would be [img]smile.gif[/img] . Im psyched! If the weather is decent tomorrow then TFI baby... WOOHOOOOOO!
                        88 Grand Wagoneer- GONE

Comment

• irbob
                          360 AMC
                          • Apr 11, 2000

chr1s...looks like you already got what measurements you need so no need to beat the horse. Great pics Colonel Angus...just what he needed.

Chris...Woooof II not needed to off road...&lt;wink&gt;
                          Bob

Comment

Working...
                          X