• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • itselliot
    350 Buick
    • Aug 28, 2010

Is this anyone here?

Provides technical information about the Jeep Wagoneer and Gladiator line from 1962 until 1991. Engine, transmission and other technical information is summarized, as well as a detailed step by step list of areas to examine before purchasing, or to determine improvements. Pictures of a variety of FSJs are included in the book. The author has owned 56 Jeeps, 29 of those "Full Size Jeeps".

seems pretty ( cough cough ) full of info and advice.
    If the PM's are full,...try e mail!
    [email protected]
    616 four 03 44 0 five
    '78 J-20 401 Q/T not quite stock anymore....Frame off Resto Mod..Super Cab nearing completion. SOMEDAY
    "90 GW 360/727/229/3:31s 2" lift (SOLD in 2015)
    '78 CJ7 Built from Scratch over a 7 year span.
  • SJTD
    304 AMC
    • Apr 26, 2012

Originally posted by itselliot
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/512015

seems pretty ( cough cough ) full of info and advice.
    So you're saying it was worth the three bones?
    Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• babywag
      out of order
      • Jun 08, 2005

I dunno if he's still active, but he was one of the original FSJ guys on here.
      Lots of tech articles and such by him on site.
      Tony
      88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• Ristow
        • Jan 20, 2006

this place is a lot like an FSJ.....get out to run into the gas station quick and you just can't know if the FSJ will still be running when you get back....
        Originally posted by Hankrod
        Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
        ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
        I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• mattmopar440
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • May 17, 2007

Originally posted by Ristow
          this place is a lot like an FSJ.....get out to run into the gas station quick and you just can't know if the FSJ will still be running when you get back....
          87' Grand Wagoneer
          401/727/229, Currently:RUNNING
          84 J10/20 hybrid 258/727/208 Daily Driver
          80' J10 4BT/AX-15/208
          74' J10 Go Grabber Green Sold
          Originally posted by Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
          Inferior Chevy

Comment

• lycanthrope
            258 I6
            • Mar 26, 2007

John Meister sold the sportside fender molds to BJs that they are using for their repops. I tried to get in there first, having tracked them down a while ago, but my negotiating ‘skills’ were not as good as theirs.

I have much respect for John.
            Last edited by lycanthrope; 12-25-2018, 03:19 AM.
            tommy
            '83 j10 pioneer 258/t5/208...gone
            '81 j10 sportside 258/t176/208
            '76 j10 shortbed 360/th400/QT
            '81 j10 sportside 258/tf999/208
            '74 j10 shortbed ...gone

Comment

• joe
              • Apr 28, 2000

Yeah John was one of the originals on the FSJ Email List before everything went to forums. He's been messing with FSJ's for a long time. Can't vouch for his book but at only $3 I'm betting you'll get $3 worth of info out of it.
              joe
              "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

John and I are nearly neighbors still and he’s helped me out through the past few years of craziness.
                He’s more verbose with the $10 words at times, but before I was poisoned by the thief/thieves who tried to kill me and my wife to take our home, I tried to help him with the editing of it but I lost the ability to remember longer than 10 minutes for quite some time. (Almost like a stroke, due to burst blood vessels from BP shooting up to 240/160 from Chinese Fentanyl and something else that let it absorb through my skin. )
                He was there to help when it felt like I was lost. I never did finish reading it, but it’s there for me once I get the solar panels and batteries upgraded enough for year round living at my place.
                Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                X