• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Retro93
    Junk Collector
    • Nov 02, 2001

MWI and Wrench-o-thon--Morehead, Ky

I just totaled the Cherokee so I guess I won't be making this run.
    79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains
  • HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

What happened?
    Tom Gibson
    1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
    1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
    1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
    2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• Retro93
      Junk Collector
      • Nov 02, 2001

I accidentally left it in neutral. Down the steep drive she went,eventually ramming into the big oak that sits off to the side of the drive. It hit so hard that the doors won't close now. The frame is buckled in 3 places. It even bent the rear spring into a 45 degree angle.

NOW... I have to move all of the stuff from the '79 over to the '78. That is going to be a chore, one that I'm not looking forward to. I have all of the parts I need except for a good tailgate, and of course the spring.

It really sucks because I put the last part on today to fully complete her.

I'm going to be racing winter to get the swap done.

The good news..... I was going to cut the '78 up next week to get it out of my way.

Massive WOT?
      Last edited by Retro93; 09-17-2014, 09:43 PM.
      79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I agree we need a massive WOT. All weekend long WOT. You have plenty of room to camp in your driveway.

I can be there on a Friday afternoon and stay until Sunday night/Monday morning. With a few guys things will be much easier to relocate so it should go pretty quick.

I'm up for a challenge if you are?

Such a shame to total it after all the work and upgrades you've put into it the last few years.
        I'm also all up for this to be a Midwest Meet as well.

At least you are unharmed, pissed maybe but unharmed. That and it didn't go flying out into the roadway and slam a truck or car going by.
        Tom Gibson
        1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
        1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.

Comment

• Retro93
          Junk Collector
          • Nov 02, 2001

YOU BET I'M UP FOR A CHALLENGE! I can place one concrete in front of the Man Cave, the other at a 90 deg angle on the pool deck. We can camp on the pool, since it is right next to all of the facilities in the MC [shower, hot and cold running water, internet, TV, kitchen etc]

I'm only going to paint the firewall because I won't be able to get in there once the engine is in. I'll shoot a coat of primer over the exterior to pull all of the colors together. [white body, orange doors, black front fenders and hood etc]. I don't want it to look like a junkyard queen. I can finish up with the interior/exterior paint next spring.

The only thing I'm worried about is finding a new tailgate and rear spring.

I have two or more of everything else. Remind you of someone Tom?

I first have to figure out how to move the '78 once I get the rear axle back in. Hopefully, I'll be able to get her fired off so she can move under her own power.

This is going to be real interesting, but I CAN'T BE WITHOUT MY JEEP!

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

No tailgate or rear springs here. I will have the rear J10 spring before long but need it in the truck till it gets home. My last tailgate for a chero left me 4 years ago. I bet we can find both with some looking. Go ahead and spray everything with some pb blaster so bolts will come out and not gull up.
            Need to shake the trees and see who else can swing by for some wrenching fun.
            Do you have an engine hoist? Got a brand new Harbor Freight one here at the house, just needs assembled. I got an old Sears 3 ton jack as well and bunches of 4x6 oak and pine blocks for cribbing.
            Tom Gibson

Comment

• Woodchomper
              350 Buick
              • Dec 17, 2002

Retro....Wow that stinks. Sorry your ride got totaled. I'd be up for a WOT. Why don't you set a date. I have some junk springs off a wiggy,. They are yours if you want them.

Hoot....are you still coming to Springfield for SMORR? Del and I are goung to Street Machine Nats on the 27-28 Sept. There is a slim chance I might go to SMORR the next weekend but if you are driving through this area maybe we could meet up.

Ristow....I saved the best for last. What is it going to take to get a place where we can all meet up. I'm more than willing to drive 500 or so miles so let's find a place. Wisconsin is a beautiful state, all we need is a KOA. After, all I miss Oliver too!
              1991 GW 401 /727TF/NP229 /4" Skyjacker /EBL TBI /CS-144
              1981 J10 401 /727TF/NP208 /6" Superlift /CS-144

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Smorr looks out now again. I'm going to do the WOT at Retro's when we get a date for it.
                I have a ton to do here as well. All the weekends slots are filling fast and my wallet had a major hole in it this last week as well with the new truck purchase and then the $1000 worth of new stuff ordered yesterday for it.

If I can get alot of my stuff done through the week the other meets may still happen. For now I'm gonna focus on my 1985 J10 to be ready for winter and doing whatever to get Retro back up and running.
                Tom Gibson

Comment

• blazer3664
                  350 Buick
                  • Mar 08, 2009

Retro....Wow that stinks. Sorry your ride got totaled. I'd be up for a WOT. Why don't you set a date.
                  X2. Its 5 1/2 hrs but I could use a weekend away from here.

Don't really have anything as far as parts go anymore.
                  If you need any tools to help things go faster, let me know. Chances are, I probably have it.

So........... set a date man. I have met Rich a couple times, always up for meeting more board members face to face.

I would be good with SMORR also if there is a date for sure?

Could for sure do one or the other.

Jim
                  Last edited by blazer3664; 09-20-2014, 11:59 AM.
                  modified flares, removable top, OBA w/200psi tank,
                  LQ4, 4L80e,NWF doubler w/upside down 203
                  SOA w/ D44s F+R for now
                  H1 wheels+tires (cut), hydroboost brakes
                  custom shackle flip
                  W/F150 springs
                  -----Coming Soon-----
                  snorkels,
                  OX'd D60/14B-FF

Comment

• Ristow
                    • Jan 20, 2006

we could entertain getting togethet at retros for a weekend? bring the tools?
                    Originally posted by Hankrod
                    Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                    ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                    I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• Mars
                      350 Buick
                      • Apr 24, 2010

I'm up for it
                      (513) 344-3086
                      Let me know!
                      Wannabe Fabricator
                      Grumpy on a good day.
                      1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
                      What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850

Comment

• OutrageGIS
                        258 I6
                        • Feb 26, 2011

Count me in, post up date when decided
                        79 Cherokee, 360, QT, Stocky

At Large Board Member, Central South-East Jurisdiction, Elijah Craig Chapter, Bluegrass Division, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• addicted
                          Big Meanie
                          • Dec 11, 2004

MWI and Wrench-o-thon--Morehead, Ky

Depending on when, I might could make it.
                          Originally posted by Ristow
                          i bet it was Simon....
                          he's such big meanie that way...
                          please don't tell him i said that....

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Looks like we got a crew willing. Keep us posted on here Retro. Or maybe we need to start a new thread so we don't hog over SMOR interested parties?

Like mentioned let us know what tools you need.

Do we need a second Kubota? If so let me know as soon as possible because I'll need to drop off the J10 to use that trailer. It needs off that trailer ASAP anyway. Kubota is ready to go right now.

I have alot of those 4x6 wood blocks and can get more if needed.

I have a Hobart 220V Mig Welder little to no use on it but 7 years old.

I have an engine hoist, brand new from HF never assembled yet.
                            Also have an engine stand same as before.

I have a 10x10 EZ up canopy.

Tons of hand tools. Some precision stuff as well.

The only thing I'll need down there is a safe place to leash up the pooch preferably away from other pooches. I don't trust him unsupervised with other dogs and I don't want to have to baby sit him all day. I don't think he'll like being in the truck camper all day long. I can't leave him behind or I would.
                            Tom Gibson

Comment

• Woodchomper
                              350 Buick
                              • Dec 17, 2002

I'm up for a roadtrip! I have plans for Oct 11 and 18 weekends so Retro please pick a date that is not one of those weekends. Also, let me know what parts are needed. I have a good stash of parts!
                              1991 GW 401 /727TF/NP229 /4" Skyjacker /EBL TBI /CS-144
                              1981 J10 401 /727TF/NP208 /6" Superlift /CS-144

Comment

Working...
                              X