• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FSJunkie
    The Nigel Tufnel of the FSJ world.
    • Jan 09, 2011

Photobucket Sucks

Photobucket has become so spammy and loaded with ads that it takes forever to get anything done and is practically useless. I spent half an hour uploading, resizing, and getting the direct link for just ONE photo! Not to mention I had to close about 3 popups. It didn't used to be like that.

Anybody else noticed this? What other photo hosting site are people using for their photos on here?
    '72 Jeep Wagoneer Custom, 360 V8

I love how arguements end as soon as Ristow comments. Ristow is right...again.
  • SJTD
    304 AMC
    • Apr 26, 2012

Yeah. I didn't post any pics for several months because of that. Then I payed the $15 to sign up.

I looked at several other sites but it wasn't worth the money I'd have saved to spend the time learning to use another site.
    Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• SC/397
      Administrator
      • Feb 01, 2010

Yes, it sucks.
      The Squeaky Wheel gets replaced in my world

Comment

• babywag
        out of order
        • Jun 08, 2005

I won't even click on PB links to pics hosted there, just screws up my phone!
        Completely retarded mobile interface for viewing pics.

Been fairly happy with Google's photo hosting. Formerly Picasaweb
        Never any ads/junk, little cumbersome un-user friendly, but mostly has always worked.
        Tony
        88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• TexasJ10
          360 AMC
          • Jan 03, 2002

The latest iOS that I put on my iPad displays a message that the PB app needs to be upgraded and then freezes. I went to a different app now. Something called BobblePic. It has no decent features, but does the job for basic hosting for this site.
          * 1981 stepside, 360, 727, 208, almost stock daily driver.
          * 1982 Laredo j-10, 360, 727, in rough shape and in the process of being rebuilt with 401, NV4500, Klune,
          . NP205,d60 front, d70 rear, fender work and minimal lift. It will probably take 10 years
          * 1973 jcab mounted on 1983 j20 frame. 360/t18/208 d44/d60. Almost completed

Comment

• cma
            350 Buick
            • Jan 26, 2012

google Picasa!
            Markus!

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Note: Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson

Cherokee Chief Laredo, 360 cui, selec trac, black, 12/1982

Picture story:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823...eat=directlink

Comment

• ShagWagon
              350 Buick
              • Apr 10, 2016

Lol. Almost my words exactly.....

Sucks! Takes me 20+ minutes just to get a pic from my smartphone to the forums using this method. All the add trackers and BS crashing my iPad, logging on and off, Amazon ads, pop ups, etc.... Can't it just be simple? Maybe lower the pic size restrictions or something so I and every other simpleton that needs to show
              87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

Yep, PB got so bad I finally gave up on it. Freezes, kick out to log in, ads. Went to Imageshack for my aircraft and ship modeling pics. As easy to load as PB as far as steps. $20 for the first year and $40 after that.
                Art
                ASE Master Collision Tech
                "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

• SJTD
                  304 AMC
                  • Apr 26, 2012

If you decided to pay for the service why did you go to Imageshack rather than staying with PB?
                  Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• WrenchMonkey
                    232 I6
                    • Dec 15, 2016

I've been saying this for some time as well, glad someone made a thread about it and got some replies, I'm gonna have to give google picasa a shot, thanks for the heads up guys, been trying to ditch photobucket for years.
                    1977 J20 w/ the 360 V8 with 304 heads formerly known as "401"....
                    Edelbrock Performer, Street Demon Carb, HEI Distributor

Comment

Originally posted by SJTD
                      If you decided to pay for the service why did you go to Imageshack rather than staying with PB?
                      Decided I couldn't trust that the pay version would be any better except for getting rid of the ads. Was slow to the point of frustation (over 5 min to load one pic, when you could), multiple boot outs to log in page.

Since I'm 6 1/2 years past my experation date, I don't have the time and patience to deal with that crap.
                      Art
                      "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Comment

• Don S
                        • Feb 06, 2002

Originally posted by goldhammer
                        Since I'm 6 1/2 years past my experation date, I don't have the time and patience to deal with that crap.

Gee... I thought I was to oldest one here every day...

Have some good ones.. Don S..
                        Sold our 1976 Wagoneer 406, MC4300, TH400, QT, TruTrac, 2" lift, 31x10.50s, duel Optimas,
                        It?s took us over 161 Colorado Mountain Passes, 3 Jeep Jamboree USAs & 2 Ouray Invasions from 1985 to 2010
                        ACRONYMS & ABBREVIATIONS HERE

Comment

Only 63 going on 64 next month, but had 3 heart attacks in 36 hours back in Oct. 2010, and a pretty good one 5 years before that. Spent 19 days in the hospitl, and most of it was in ICU. Operating on 25% E.F., where most in decent health are in the 65-70% range. 2/3 of left ventricle is toast. Have 3 stents and an ICD planted in the chest. No one would ever tell me how long I was gone on the last one, but they had to be about ready to call it....have short term memory issues from it.

So I figure I'm past the date of recall.
                          Art

Comment

• Don S
                            • Feb 06, 2002

Originally posted by goldhammer
                            Have 3 stents and an ICD planted in the chest. No one would ever tell me how long I was gone on the last one, but they had to be about ready to call it....have short term memory issues from it.
                            So I figure I'm past the date of recall.

I see what you mean!!!
                            I got you beat by 18 years. I've 12 stents but only two in the heart so far. Next month I'll get a couple more in the legs to join the rest of the others..

Here's hoping the best for you.. Don S..
                            Sold our 1976 Wagoneer 406, MC4300, TH400, QT, TruTrac, 2" lift, 31x10.50s, duel Optimas,
                            It?s took us over 161 Colorado Mountain Passes, 3 Jeep Jamboree USAs & 2 Ouray Invasions from 1985 to 2010
                            ACRONYMS & ABBREVIATIONS HERE

Comment

• sgrizzle
                              232 I6
                              • Mar 11, 2017

I either use flickr, or one of my own personal websites.
                              1964 Kaiser Jeep J300(ish) Gladiator Townside 4WD
                              Purchased 3/10/17

Comment

Working...
                              X