Rolled my Wag in Arizona-Donor body found -recovery video posted -post #318 for link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tonka J200
    360 AMC

• Jul 21, 2002

Wow...I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. I had some minor surgery on Monday and haven't been on-line for a couple days and log on to find this! I've been tearing up reading through the account of the roll, the search for Luna and then finally the reunion with her.

I'm so happy to know that everyone is OK and all in one place, and it's absolutely NO surprise to read how everyone has stepped up to help out and support our own in a time of need. We ARE family in every sense of the word.
    -Frank
    '63 J200 2WD
    '63 J200 4WD: J20 Axles, extended wheelbase, factory stakebed
    '63 J100 Panel Delivery
    '91 Grand Wagoneer Final Edition
    "If you're going to laugh about it someday, you might as well start now".

Comment

• fulsizjeep
      Señor Jackhead
      • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by Tatsadasayago
      For what it's worth:
      I was glad all of you made it out of the hills intact and VERY SAD to see Phoebe all hurted. I want to help bring her back!

I have a 76 401 Waggy that is darn near a clone to Phoebe. If there is a way to get the Wag to you, I'll gladly donate the clean body and frame with clear title.

I'm in Sacramento and the Gag O Neer is on a flatbed in the side yard without axles. She's slated to go to the crusher if I can't find a home for her.
      So, if someone can come up with transport it's yours free of charge Flint n Krista!

Good morning! We were at the bbq over at Kevin's place last night. It was a nice feed and a great social time with good folks.

Krista got on here last night after we got back and called me in to see. We are both deeply humbled and grateful for the friends we have here on the forum. We are also choked up over the offers...

Tatsadasayago - This is very tempting. Do you have pictures of the Gag O Neer? Many, many thanks!!!

Many thanks for the efforts and money offers as well! Just about every time we think we have a plan starting to come together, something else pops up to consider.

it has been a very emotional week - we have so much to be thankful for - just wow - thank you all!
      Flint
      Ran when parked.
      http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
      88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
      76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
      http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• jaber
        Dragin Az
        • Oct 17, 2003

I have a P/U that needs to go to Ca. for Tigger, we should combine the hauls.
        My boss has a new Nissan all fixed up, let me talk to him and see what I can do.
        Maybe I can use it to take this one to Ca, and then grab that one and meet you @ the 4 corners or somewhere close.
        Jeff

'43 cj2a
        '51 Willys p/u
        '51 Willys Parkway Conversion
        '68 Panel Delivery
        '74 CJ5
        '75 J-20 Wrecker
        '75 J-20 Cummins service bed
        '77 J-10 p/u
        '79 Cherokee
        '88 Grand Wagoneer
        '98 Grand Cherokee

Comment

• I too have to admit how humble and grateful I am to see the out pouring of support and offers of help. You are the best people in the world and we've always considered you all extended family.

Jaber - Phoebe is staying in Arizona for now. Casey (firecaptain13) has offered to fix her up for us. He will pick her up here and take her baack to his shop in Tucson. He offered us the body of a 67 Wag that is missing doors and some other parts, but we are interested in pursuing the GagoNeer should her body be in good condition. It'd be much easier to swap a whole body that piece one together.

We are still sorting things out.. seems like every time we think we have a plan the cosmos sends us another option.

Again, I am so humbled and so proud to be a part of this community.
          Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
          77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
          The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• jaber
            Dragin Az
            • Oct 17, 2003

Just keep me informed and we'll get y'all through this.

So, did the frame check out? Is it just the body or did the frame bend like originally thought?
            Jeff

'43 cj2a
            '51 Willys p/u
            '68 Panel Delivery
            '74 CJ5
            '75 J-20 Wrecker
            '77 J-10 p/u
            '79 Cherokee
            '88 Grand Wagoneer
            '98 Grand Cherokee

Comment

• The frame is not obviously bent. Won't know for sure until the body comes off.
              Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
              77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
              The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• newtojeeps
                350 Buick
                • Jun 28, 2006

Sorry I'm late on this, but glad to see good things are coming out of this unfortunate incident. I truly hope every one is ok, puppy as well and You all have a happy holidays.

Comment

• rstep
                  304 AMC
                  • Oct 09, 2003

If Phoebe comes to Tucson I'll be there to help Casey out on her.If you need any help I'm there guys.
                  77 Cherokee 401/400 trans,Holley on edelbrock performer,PT 1339
                  d44s,detriot rear ,diff guards front and rear
                  Fabbed front and rear bumpers,Tire carrier
                  33"BFG KM2's on black spokes
                  Tadrack
                  Interior upgraded,Durango console, custom gauge panel,bucket seats
                  Soa,with 1" shackle up front
                  Hood vents

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonka J200
                    Wow...I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. I had some minor surgery on Monday and haven't been on-line for a couple days and log on to find this! I've been tearing up reading through the account of the roll, the search for Luna and then finally the reunion with her.

I'm so happy to know that everyone is OK and all in one place, and it's absolutely NO surprise to read how everyone has stepped up to help out and support our own in a time of need. We ARE family in every sense of the word.
                    I understand... I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if the voice of a 401 cried out in terror and was suddenly silenced.
                    Mark B. Jones

Originally posted by GrandWag&Prix
                    Actually, now that I think about it, that could be either awesome or really terrible.

'79 Cherokee Chief "Junaluska"

Comment

• paul Lowell
                      230 Tornado
                      • Oct 23, 2010

All I have to say is WOW, thankfully you all are ok and you got the dog back, I'm floored at the close nit "family" here, makes me glad I decided to keep my 82 J10, hope to meet you all someday.

Comment

• jaber
                        Dragin Az
                        • Oct 17, 2003

Originally posted by paul Lowell
                        I'm floored at the close nit "family" here, makes me glad I decided to keep my 82 J10, hope to meet you all someday.
                        Its an FSJ thing, society doesnt get it...
                        Jeff

'43 cj2a
                        '51 Willys p/u
                        '68 Panel Delivery
                        '74 CJ5
                        '75 J-20 Wrecker
                        '77 J-10 p/u
                        '79 Cherokee
                        '88 Grand Wagoneer
                        '98 Grand Cherokee

Comment

• RiverRat
                          327 Rambler
                          • Aug 09, 2006

Ouray 2012 people!
                          BethAnn

Project CHOP TOP Tornado Jeep for Ouray 2013
                          (I'm not dead yet!)

Comment

• RiverRat
                            327 Rambler
                            • Aug 09, 2006

Tats, again you are awesome that is a really nice offer. It's up to them but just having the offer is really cool. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
                            BethAnn

Project CHOP TOP Tornado Jeep for Ouray 2013
                            (I'm not dead yet!)

Comment

• PlasticBoob
                              All Makes Combined
                              • Jun 30, 2003

Wow, what a heartwarming thread! That really sucks about Phoebe, but I'm glad everyone's okay. And as usual I'm late to the party.
                              Rob
                              1974 Cherokee S, fuel injected 401, Trans-am Red, Aussie locker 'out back'
                              Click for video

Comment

• COLOFIREMAN
                                Gone,But not Forgotten.
                                • Apr 09, 2005

Krista and Flint,

I'm very sorry I just saw this. I really am sorry though and I'm sooooo glad you found LUNA. Our prayers to your family.
                                Jason in the Mountains
                                1978 J10 LB,OE 4-speed,4:10's,4BBl,and just 85K(daily driver)
                                1988 Grand Waggy 8" lift 35" A/T's (under construction)
                                1984 CJ7 12" lift 39" Iroks 1 tons
                                1979 Cherokee Super Chief (under construction )
                                1974 J-10 LB Buick 455 BB 4" lift 33" BFG tires
                                1973 J-4800 LB plow truck 7" lift 255/85/16 LT Truxs MT's

Comment

Working...
                                X