• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kaiserjeeps
    360 AMC
    • Oct 02, 2002

And I am not even awake yet.
    Melford1972 says...
    I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
    -----------------------
    I make wag parts
    1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
    1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
    1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
    1968 M715 restomod
    2001 Dodge 3500
    2002 Toyota Tundra
    2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
    Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• Frank Ziebert
      327 Rambler
      • Dec 04, 2016

Originally posted by Kaiserjeeps

And I am not even awake yet.
      Well hell. I no longer have access to NCIC or state data bases so I guess your are right.
      1970 J2000(2500) Currently undergoing frame off resto
      Stinger 2005 Jeep Unlimited, Sahara, Rubicon slightly modified

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
        360 AMC
        • Oct 02, 2002

I cleaned out my in box.

Redid the steering column yesterday. Added the new shift indicator, a new neutral safety switch grafted on to the original mounting plate, installed the shifter arm, and put my very best chrome steering column surround on. I had to be careful with new paint. I am cleaning up the hardware and everything needed to mount this thing. I also found a very suitable 10/32 U-nut for the lower front grill screws. 10/32 is very hard to find and I found it at MSC industrial.
        Part numbers and pictures coming soon.
        Melford1972 says...
        I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
        -----------------------
        I make wag parts
        1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
        1968 M715 restomod
        2001 Dodge 3500
        2002 Toyota Tundra

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• 63J200atLSU
          327 Rambler
          • Jan 15, 2016

AL!

I've been doing family things and been out of the country, generally just trying to walk away from the food (I swear, everyone in my immediate vicinity must just maintain a constant holiday party spread of food at their house... Dang Louisiana people), and making one-way trips in the truck (it's a slightly humorous-yet-sad statistic that the J200 has yet to make a successful round trip) but I've been lurking in the shadows, staying updated on your thread. As always, love the work you're getting done on Sadie. Merry (late) Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Liz!
          '63 J200 Resto-mod in progress
          (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=178651)

If all goes well, we can toast to accidental successes.

I'm convinced I'm just too dumb to know that I can't restore this old truck...

Comment

• bkilby
            350 Buick
            • Jan 10, 2016

I cleaned out my in box.
            10/32 is very hard to find and I found it at MSC industrial.
            Part numbers and pictures coming soon.
            Is there something special about the nut? I have 10/32 nuts spilling on the floor over here.
            1974 Cherokee S. It's driving but needs more work. As usual!

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
              360 AMC
              • Oct 02, 2002

Originally posted by bkilby
              Is there something special about the nut? I have 10/32 nuts spilling on the floor over here.
              It is a U-nut. Typically they are 10/24 or 5/16x18 or 1/4x20 etc... And the 10/32's are typically made for a thick panel like 3/16 or thicker. The ones I finally found are for 0.025 to 1/16th thick sheet metal. I will go load up a picture.

EDIT:

Here they are. MSC industrial These will accept the stainless countersunk 10/32 screw that holds the bottom edge of the grill on the radiator support.

Last edited by Kaiserjeeps; 01-04-2018, 10:17 AM.
              Melford1972 says...
              -----------------------
              I make wag parts
              1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
              1968 M715 restomod
              2001 Dodge 3500
              2002 Toyota Tundra

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                360 AMC
                • Oct 02, 2002

I went after some coffee this morning and saw this gal in the back yard. She is pregnant it appears. And my neighbor called and said there is a cougar that watched his wife and dog on their walk past our place. It is exhilarating to live in a place that requires you pay attention.

Onward...
                Melford1972 says...
                -----------------------
                I make wag parts
                1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                1968 M715 restomod
                2001 Dodge 3500
                2002 Toyota Tundra

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• bkilby
                  350 Buick
                  • Jan 10, 2016

Here they are. MSC industrial These will accept the stainless countersunk 10/32 screw that holds the bottom edge of the grill on the radiator support.
                  Ah, that kind of nut. Yeah those are harder to find than a standard hex nut. Nice attention to detail!
                  1974 Cherokee S. It's driving but needs more work. As usual!

Comment

• CameraFinn
                    232 I6
                    • Oct 15, 2015

I went after some coffee this morning and saw this gal in the back yard. She is pregnant it appears. And my neighbor called and said there is a cougar that watched his wife and dog on their walk past our place. It is exhilarating to live in a place that requires you pay attention.

Onward...

I think I would like that kind of traffic much better than Denver traffic. Nice picture.
                    Finn

You know it's a good morning when the gas gauge works for the whole drive.

1970 Wagoneer Project (Dad's)
                    1970.5 Gladiator J-4800 Camper Special Custom Cab - 55,000 Miles
                    1967 Jeepster Convertible - 8071 Deluxe - 65,000 Miles

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                      360 AMC
                      • Oct 02, 2002

I can't say enough how glad I am to be here in the panhandle and out of Oregon now. I have always enjoyed the woods and now I live in a place that has more animals than any place I have ever been even recreationally (in the CJ tooling around).
                      I have stumbled into two moose heading for the shop. Both times a bull moose. So when I insist that house guests look both ways and pay attention when exiting our front door, I get a look sometimes. We have grizzly and a ton of black bear here. Wolves can be heard sometimes also. And last night I read out loud to my wife the entire true story of Hugh Glass. A 1800's mountain man. Leonard DeCaprio played him in the movie "The Revenant". We just watched it. The movie twisted up a lot of facts, but there is a man that lived to the absolute fullest. We always have bear spray and a 44 when we go in the back woods. First and most successful is always the spray. I fully realize I am in their back yard and not mine. Moose are actually more dangerous because they are stupid. Especially the mothers. Their brain is the size of a walnut. And they are amazingly fast. I like it here because I can pound on body metal all day here. I disturb no one.
                      I could not be more grateful to be here. (In Idaho).....

And you are right Finn. T86 first gear sliders are all broken. I got bored and took a look.
                      Last edited by Kaiserjeeps; 01-07-2018, 04:08 PM.
                      Melford1972 says...
                      -----------------------
                      I make wag parts
                      1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                      1968 M715 restomod
                      2001 Dodge 3500
                      2002 Toyota Tundra

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• JTRUCKJMC
                        232 I6
                        • Feb 14, 2007

Emblem paint

Last monday the flu found it's way into our home again. My wife and I are two peas in a pitiful pod. I needed to slow down anyway. No enough sleep and moving to fast. Never fails... Don't catch it.

I tried to post earlier this week but you know the photobucket story.
                        I had this beauty show up. Thank you Joe in Oregon for the great deal.

I had a broken post and pitting on the original. Now I have been trying to match paint on these emblems. I know the gold is a factory color. Gold beige, the white is easy. The orange red color I thought was president red. I was wrong. It could be Indian ceramic.

This quart of PRESIDENT RED Acrylic urethane is now for sale. PM if it will suit your needs. It is fresh and purchased from TCP global in Cali.

A long time ago I read a post on these colors. Someone on this forum found Duplicolor DE1607 was a good choice. I found the can and it is a near perfect match. I did not prep the aluminum at all. It looks bad but I was only checking color.

I am getting a nice collection of emblems that don't need work.

Now I have to add this. I cruise ebay nearly every day. When I see the round emblem for 400 bucks I have to laugh. Recently a trashed faded "Super" emblem was 200. Apparently they don't know these are available from partsdude4x4 for a FRACTION of the price. Complete with jeep part numbers on the back, I cannot tell the reproduction from original. PD4x4 is a jeepster site. The emblems are 44 bucks! So unless you are a NOS only snob , these emblems are just great. They are nice people there at PD4x4.

And after 15 days the satin clear finally arrived. I guess it was the weather that made the trip half a month. FED EX is now using the post office to do their work.
                        I feel like I have achieved next to nothing the last month or two. I really need to finish Sadie and hand her over to a very eager owner. Right now I just want to get well and move ahead. There is one very big potential problem looming. We have not been above freezing for 1.5 months. Not a big deal, but not one bit of snow has shed from any roof here. heated or not. Normally I would have piles of snow as high as the eaves. Not this year. The snow pack on my shop roof is heavy. Tuesday we are supposed to get rain. Lots of it. I MUST get up there and clear it before it gets here. It has been 18-22 below zero every night. Highs 10-15 above. It just plain hurts to breathe with this flu. It makes both of us cough something fierce. I cannot let anything happen to Sadie. I would have to produce 25+ thousand dollars if I had a cave in. No pressure at all.... The house roof is leaking again also. Not much to do there but wait for a thaw.
                        I had to abort the chemical stripping of the plastic emblems. The stripping action stopped and I suspect exhausted muratic acid. Plus too cold. I will get a smaller bucket and resume shortly.
                        I should be back in business in a day or two. My plan is to finish the engine as much as possible. Then go after the front axle followed by the steering column.
                        I still need a steering column surround. A 3D printer is in my future.

Cheers.
                        Yes that was me... I have loved this thread and am paralleling a similnar build for my 73 15 series custom wag build. Some day I will post a build thread when done. Old school chevy sbc block red matches well with the red in Duplicolor engine paint which performs very well, as well as the gold fore mentioned. Awsome build keep rockin!!!
                        74 J10 1ton
                        73 Waggy

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                          360 AMC
                          • Oct 02, 2002

Thanks Jtruck! Get that build thread up so we all can take a look. Just don't use photobucket.

I have been waiting for color swatch samples from NIC industries (cerakote), They seem to have issues getting them out the door. Still nothing after 3 requests and a phone call. I have a 68 Jeepster here that seems to be a dead ringer for the gold. I have not confirmed this but I think the correct gold is Prairie gold. I tried gold beige and it was way to bright.

Greg I wondered where you had been hiding. Sounds like the holidays were enjoyable. I suspect the new build wrinkles in a truck build are normal. It will get better with the corrections. Don't jeeps of all types always need something?

I have been doing the nit noid things to land the steering column. I have come to the conclusion Auto trans rigs don't have brake pedal return springs. manual transmissions do have the return spring.
                          I have been gluing on pedal pads and letting them cure, staging the column parts for an install. And working several hours again on moving snow. We hit an almost typical January thaw and rain will turn piles into glaciers that are not movable till they melt. I uncovered the 70 wag yet again. I can't believe how often I go out to take a verification look. I have some marine tinned wire on the way to build out the headlight relay harness. Everything else finally showed up. Hella was shut down for three solid weeks with a computer conversion that crashed in the process. I did receive the very cool E code h-4 lamps in and they rock.
                          And I think I have found a source for the very small edge rubber trim that goes around the tail light housings to protect the paint. The same stuff goes on the ends of the front grill also. I will put some pics up when I can produce something worth a picture. I am starting to pant and sweat from the coffee. I had better go do something.
                          Melford1972 says...
                          -----------------------
                          I make wag parts
                          1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                          1968 M715 restomod
                          2001 Dodge 3500
                          2002 Toyota Tundra

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• CameraFinn
                            232 I6
                            • Oct 15, 2015

Kaiserjeeps it sounds very pretty and calm up there, like a place I'd like to live. Sorry your T-86 gears are stripped out. If I find a solution to my issue, I'll certainly let you know what I did.
                            Finn

You know it's a good morning when the gas gauge works for the whole drive.

1970 Wagoneer Project (Dad's)
                            1970.5 Gladiator J-4800 Camper Special Custom Cab - 55,000 Miles
                            1967 Jeepster Convertible - 8071 Deluxe - 65,000 Miles

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                              360 AMC
                              • Oct 02, 2002

Originally posted by CameraFinn
                              Kaiserjeeps it sounds very pretty and calm up there, like a place I'd like to live. Sorry your T-86 gears are stripped out. If I find a solution to my issue, I'll certainly let you know what I did.
                              Ha ha... No I was looking for a first gear for YOU.... I was bored and trying to wind down by surfing late at night..
                              Melford1972 says...
                              -----------------------
                              I make wag parts
                              1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                              1968 M715 restomod
                              2001 Dodge 3500
                              2002 Toyota Tundra

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• Frank Ziebert
                                327 Rambler
                                • Dec 04, 2016

Ha ha... No I was looking for a first gear for YOU.... I was bored and trying to wind down by surfing late at night..
                                Surfing at night? Up there? Crap that must have been really cold!

BTW the firewall pad arrived from you on Saturday. It's perfect. Great attention to detail. I'll mock it up and post a picture soon.
                                Thanks again Al.
                                1970 J2000(2500) Currently undergoing frame off resto
                                Stinger 2005 Jeep Unlimited, Sahara, Rubicon slightly modified

Comment

Working...
                                X