• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GaJeep94YJ
    232 I6
    • May 18, 2003

anyone install a hydraulic clutch?

my T150 in my 4.2 Cherokee is shot. I have an ax15 laying around and want to put that in to get an over drive.

it has a hydraulic clutch system. I have all the hydraulic clutch parts (master cyl, lines, slave cyl) and want to swap those in. I am kind of worried about getting them connected to the stock clutch pedal.

has anyone done this and are there any gotchas I need to look out for?
  • Blake
    304 AMC
    • Dec 22, 2005

I'm running a hydraulic clutch and AMC360/NV4500/Atlas 4spd in my '78 J10 which originally had a T18 4spd and mechanical clutch. I think my clutch master cylinder is from an ~89 ish YJ and the slave cylinder is from a ~80 ish CJ with 4 cylinder.

I had to relocate the wiring block harness thing on the FW a few inches to the driverside, then that made room for the clutch master cylinder. Running the stock clutch pedal with a custom made adjustable clutch master plunger (yellow, pictured below).

Please come on over to http://fsjnetwork.com/forum and have a look.

Comment

• Mikel
      • Aug 09, 2000

I put one in my M715. I used a '63 single piston MC from a FSJ and it works fine with my NV4500 setup. Very easy install.
      1969 M715 6x6
      1963 J300 Swivel frame

Comment

go for it.

switching to hydraulic is also a great excuse to switch over to hydroboost brakes. that way you don't have to move the wiring harness or off set the clutch MC at all.

Al
        79 Cherokee Chief "Kronk" - TBI350/SM465/NP205
        99 Dodge 2500 4x4 - Cummins 24v
        07 Mazdaspeed3 GT - Big turbo, 340whp

Comment

• GaJeep94YJ
          232 I6
          • May 18, 2003

Originally posted by shepherdblake
          I'm running a hydraulic clutch and AMC360/NV4500/Atlas 4spd in my '78 J10 which originally had a T18 4spd and mechanical clutch. I think my clutch master cylinder is from an ~89 ish YJ and the slave cylinder is from a ~80 ish CJ with 4 cylinder.

I had to relocate the wiring block harness thing on the FW a few inches to the driverside, then that made room for the clutch master cylinder. Running the stock clutch pedal with a custom made adjustable clutch master plunger (yellow, pictured below).
          ]

excellent info!

I have several master cyl from various YJs, I am sure I will get one of those to fit based on this info.

Comment

Working...
          X