International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 06-23-2006, 05:24 PM

A/C wiring

Can anyone give me a couple pics of where the power wire for the a/c compressor connects, and some insight on where it runs to? On my GW, the wire is just hanging there from the compressor. Nearby on the wiring bundle there's a brown wire with a coiled and taped piece of wire plugged into it, capping it off. I have no idea what this is, aside from something done by the idiot who made a mess of half the wiring and vacuum lines under the hood.

I have no idea if there's any refridgerant left in the a/c system, but I figure before asking the mechanic to figure it all out and recharge it, I'll at least plug it in and see what happens. Worst case is the pump doesn't work or the refridgerant has all leaked out.

Edit, I'm like 90% sure that this brown wire is for the a/c, but why would it be unplugged and capped? I read some diagrams and I understand everything, but I can't figure out where the three wires for the a/c blower motor plug into. The wires are dangling there on their connector, but I don't see where it plugs in. Any pics of this please?

'79 Cherokee S 360/T15/D20, rusting away while I figure out what to do with it

'91 Final Edition GW in Spinnaker Blue!

My FSJ pics

FSJ Grille Identification

Last edited by DanHS : 11-05-2006 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:16 PM
out of order

The brown wires under your hood are normally wired to a pressure cut off switch, in line w/ the sight glass mounted on the high side hose (skinny one) on the fenderwell.

You can bypass the safety switch (if missing/not working), just unplug the loop, and connect it (the brown wire) to the black compressor lead.

Purpose is to shut off the compressor to prevent damage when pressure is too low or hose failure.

Far as the underdash wires...check a wiring diagram for an '84 @ http://oljeep.com/gw/elec/84_85/84_8...agramPage9.jpg
Or maybe someone w/ an '84 wag can help you out...?
Old 06-24-2006, 09:25 AM

That's helpful, is that the plug thingy sticking out on the hose?

For the underdash wires, I know what they're supposed to plug into, I just can't find it.
Thanks

My FSJ pics

Old 06-25-2006, 01:11 AM

bump, anyone have a pic of the plug for the a/c blower motor?

My FSJ pics