• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lippy
    232 I6
    • Nov 14, 2000

TBI Injection Upgrade for GW's

Does anyone know of the guy who can build the TBI injection kits? Isaw his post here somewhere but cannot locate him. Also, is anyone familiar with his product and if so, is it good? Thanks

Lippy
    '86 GW
    Pure stock
  • Shake N Bake
    327 Rambler
    • Dec 25, 2000

Off hand, I seem to recall a few people who make 'boxes' and harnesses for GM TBI's to be bolted onto just about anything... Once you got those two pieces, all you'd need would be a carb adapter (1/2" plate aluminum/steel/whatever you have lying around) some slight modifications to the fuel delivery system (remove mechanical pump, install electric + regulator) And Le Voila!

Have a look through the hotrod mag's, and maybe advance adapters website.

------------------
    Andy
    79 Wagoneer LTD "Shake N Bake"
    Calgary Alberta Canada (Eh!)
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...185&Auth=false <=- closest thing to a website I've got
    Andy

Comment

• JeepFreak
      304 AMC
      • Oct 02, 2000

Search for TPIGuy on the forum and get his email that way.

------------------
      JeepFreak

Comment

• JeepFreak
        304 AMC
        • Oct 02, 2000

Ok I found it for you. His name is TPIGUY and he sells FI systems. Here is his mail... [email protected] . I'm sure he can give you all the specifics on his kit.

------------------
        JeepFreak

[This message has been edited by JeepFreak (edited January 07, 2001).]

Comment

• Ralph
          Third Member
          • Apr 11, 2000

Guys, I've edited this post to remove the link to TPIGuy's page. His email is [email protected], and he has expressed a preference to exchange information that way.

Sorry about the mixup, TPIGuy.

------------------
          J ust
          E mpty
          E very
          P ocket

[This message has been edited by Ralph (edited January 09, 2001).]
          We did it to Japan. We can do it to it to Iran!

Comment

• fooska
            230 Tornado
            • Nov 15, 2000

Since both my 79 and 86 use f*rd carb and ignition systems I have been wandering about adapting a f*rd 2bbl TBI system to one of them. The throttle body should bolt on to the manifold and the ignition should interface with the control module. It seems that this would be simpler than adapting a GM system in place of so many f*rd parts

Comment

• DogsWag
              232 I6
              • May 16, 2000

I ordered a holley motorcraft 2300 2bbl adapter for my holley projection 2bbl system. I assume that it will work to replace my 2150 with the holley TB which I think is just a modified GM 2bbl TB.

I'll let you know if a week or two if this is the case when I try to install it.
              \'81 Wag - 360 w/ Projection 2D & MSD ignition otherwise stock.<BR>\'89 Mustang Conv. - TR3550 tranny otherwise stock.

Comment

• Puslinch
                232 I6
                • Apr 22, 2000

The Holley is a custom unit, looks nothing like the GM TBI. I suspect it's a Holley 2bbl carb with the guts stripped out and a new casting made.
                ---------------<br />Puslinch<br />90 Grand Wagoneer<br />Holley Projection 2DI

Comment

• DogsWag
                  232 I6
                  • May 16, 2000

Bummer, thanks for the info.
                  \'81 Wag - 360 w/ Projection 2D & MSD ignition otherwise stock.<BR>\'89 Mustang Conv. - TR3550 tranny otherwise stock.

Comment

• TPIGUY
                    232 I6
                    • Jul 22, 2000

Hey Lippy,

Its me its me, its Earnest T. My websites are found at:
                    Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

TPIGUY
                    _________________________<BR>85 Grand Wagoneer<BR>Tuned Port Injection

Comment

• TPIGUY
                      232 I6
                      • Jul 22, 2000

By the way, getting a GM TBI system to work on an AMC 360 is more than just finding the parts in a junkyard and installing them. The main issue is getting a chip retuned to run the gas guzzling 360. The GM system, although good at selftuning, can't add enough fuel in stock form to run an AMC 360 well. It took me over a month to retune the chip to run my AMC 360 well. That time also included the spark timing.

Comment

• TPIGUY
                        232 I6
                        • Jul 22, 2000

Fooska,

You may be able to use Ford parts, but my understanding is that Fords chips are harder to reprogram, not impossible just harder. I have no trouble interfacing to the Ford Duraspark distributor on my GM TBI kits.

Comment

• Gregorio
                          350 Buick
                          • Apr 21, 2000

TPIGUY:

I wonder how your chips differ from the one included with the Howell system?

------------------
                          Gregorio
                          Austin, TX
                          '87 GW "Big Grin"
                          \'87 GW \"Big Grin\"<br />They fear freedom. They prefer to be told. They like to be ordered around. They love their chains and kiss their manacles. What men!?<br /> Elissa, in ?And Then There Were None?

Comment

• Gladi8r
                            304 AMC
                            • Jun 20, 2000

I understand that this TBI system will work on both 2v and 4v manifolds. What is the difference between the 2 systems?? ie. performance, bottom end, milage, etc..

Also, is there some kind of adapter for one or the other that would keep you from swapping the system from 2v to 4v manifold at a later date??

------------------
                            DON

1988 GW mostly stock, &lt;---Wifey's truck (won't let me "fix it up")

1971 J-4000,Rhino Grille(to be installed)
                            360 CID 8.5/1 ratio 2v, 245 HP, 365 ft/lb
                            T-18A, Dana 20, PTO, DANA 44 (Front/Rear)
                            Soon to be torn down for Resto
                            71 Gladiator Pics

78 GW (parts truck)
                            360 4v Th400
                            Dana 44 F/R

78 Wagoneer Pics
                            DON <br /><a href=\"http://www.Gladi8r.com\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Website</b></a><br /><br />1988 GW 360<br />Edelbrock Intake & 1406<br />TF727/Dana 300<br /><br />1971 J-4500,Rhino Grille<br />A work in progress <br />Soon to be:<br />500 Caddy |Th400 | 205<br />DANA 44/60 (3:73)<br /><br /><b>\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little<br />temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.\" </b> Ben Franklin

Comment

• Ralph
                              Third Member
                              • Apr 11, 2000

TPIGuy, there's a Dodge TBI setup available on eBay right now. What do yo think of this?
                              We did it to Japan. We can do it to it to Iran!

Comment

Working...
                              X