• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steelhead
    258 I6
    • Feb 11, 2002

Its curtains for the chero. w/pics

Really, its curtains for real this time. I've been meaning to make this happen for years. No more late night headlights in my rear view mirror, no more early sun ruining my camping snooze, no more worrying about tools and gear getting stolen out of the back.

And you thought I was getting rid of it? I was always lukewarm on the idea of tinting my windows. sometimes I really like the perfect visibility, and some times I want it completely dark. Now I've got the best of both. I used snaps all around and it rolls back for access to the side windows. The rear window was a little trickier but it was worth it.

Questions about the headliner? Yeah, me too....the PO did it and needs to be vacuumed like its a shag rug from the 70's.
    Last edited by Steelhead; 05-29-2007, 08:24 AM.
    ---'76 Chief, 401 rebuild, custom springs - 5" rear, 4" front, 32s, manual front hubs, 44 gal. tank (w/aux), Carter 9635, HEI, Edelbrock manifold, Crane cam, dual side exhaust---

• bigun
    • Feb 10, 2003

Whew I expected to see another rust bucket being drug off to the crusher! Great idea!
    charlie
    KB0HXA
    "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
    congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
    How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
    Robert A. Heinlein
    The birth of CROM is recorded here
    http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• joe
      • Apr 28, 2000

Sniff...sniff...do I smell Petuli oil from somewhere?
      joe
      "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• bigun
        • Feb 10, 2003

Originally posted by joe
        YUCK!!!
        charlie
        KB0HXA
        "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
        congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
        How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
        Robert A. Heinlein
        The birth of CROM is recorded here
        http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• Steelhead
          258 I6
          • Feb 11, 2002

Originally posted by joe
          There's an idea...scratch n' sniff Dead stickers!

(although it would take some strong Patchouli oil to disguise the smell of unburned gasoline hanging round this rig).
          ---'76 Chief, 401 rebuild, custom springs - 5" rear, 4" front, 32s, manual front hubs, 44 gal. tank (w/aux), Carter 9635, HEI, Edelbrock manifold, Crane cam, dual side exhaust---

Comment

• caionneach
            350 Buick
            • Aug 19, 2003

Not a bad idea

Originally posted by Steelhead
            [....] Questions about the headliner? Yeah, me too....the PO did it and needs to be vacuumed like its a shag rug from the 70's.
            I like what you did with the curtains. Intriguing way to solve the problem, and probably works better than tinting to block heat. As for the headliner, it may look bad, but it's actually a better solution than the cardboard crap installed at the factory. I have glued heat/sound insulation to my inner roof, but the headliner/cardboard is too old to salvage and must be replaced or just discarded completely and new material glued or tacked into place like your PO did. Not a bad idea really.

Kenneth
            1982 Cherokee
            258 cid/T-5 $15 Sunpro Voltmeter gauge
            replacement; Quadratec Trailmax Thermal Pro
            Seats! 4 inch SKYJACKER suspension lift, 33X12.5 in
            BFG Mud Terrain Tires on 15X10 in ProComp Rims.
            New BJ's chrome-moly rear axle shafts, 3.73:1 diffs and ARB Air Locker!

Comment

• DanHS
              • Aug 29, 2004

Nice! That gives me some ideas, I actually like the headliner, I may try to find some patterned fabric to match the interior. Scrath and sniff 'Dead stickers doesn't sound like the greatest idea tho...
              '84 Grand Wagoneer 360/727/229, 32" General ST's and 36" Swampers, 3" lift, TFI/Mallory 6AL, CS 144, Taurus fan, custom bumper, and custom 'bodywork'. Soon to have 6" lift

'79 Cherokee S 360/T15/D20, rusting away while I figure out what to do with it

'91 Final Edition GW in Spinnaker Blue!

My FSJ pics

FSJ Grille Identification

Comment

• JeremySmith
                350 Buick
                • Sep 03, 2004

I've been thinking about doing this for a bit now - I may have to jump now. I was thinking about using some magnets, but they probaby wouldn't hold with all the windows down blasting down I94
                1978 Cherokee Chief 360/T-18/D20
                Midwest FSJ Gathering Website
                Three out of four voices in my head thought it was a good idea.......

Comment

• Steelhead
                  258 I6
                  • Feb 11, 2002

Originally posted by JeremySmith
                  I've been thinking about doing this for a bit now - I may have to jump now. I was thinking about using some magnets, but they probaby wouldn't hold with all the windows down blasting down I94
                  The really,really strong magnets are good (if you can find them), but pose some challenges for the rear window. Industrial velcro is ok, but the glue is so-so and can cause problems (Ive made a few set for my vw vans). Screw-in snaps went in pretty easily.

Comment

• Sambo
                    AMC 4 OH! 1
                    • Sep 25, 2001

Originally posted by bigun
                    Whew I expected to see another rust bucket being drug off to the crusher! Great idea!
                    yes i was expecting the same thing
                    glad it was actual curtains lol! nice nob
                    77 chero DEAD.
                    84wag,360,tf727,???! possiblities are d300 flipped and a ford d44 hp with coils

Comment

Working...
                    X