• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guitarsail
    232 I6
    • Mar 09, 2011

Oil Pressure guage question

I recently did an oil/filter change on my 83 (360) and I immediately noticed after the oil/filter change my Oil Pressure guage no longer works. I checked the connections on the sending unit they "seem" to be ok if not loose and floppy. Anything I should immediately check to get the guage working. Also how hard and beneficial is it to go to a full mechanical guage. I would tend to trust that more without the mechanical to electrical conversion having to occur. Thanks for the helping ahead of time.
  • Blue88
    232 I6
    • Sep 10, 2012

I replaced the sending unit when I rebuilt my pump last week. It was stock, gunked up and questionable. I still don't fully trust it, but for $20 it was worth it. Oriellys actually had them on the shelf, altho I got mine thru BJs. I had a mech gauge in my power wagon that puked oil into the floor one morning...
    88 Grand Wagoneer, 360,727, 229, 3.31 dana 44s. TFI conversion. 2 inch rough country spring/block lift. Pátina and faded wood grain.

Comment

• Rich88
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Nov 20, 2008

Originally posted by Blue88
      ...I had a mech gauge in my power wagon that puked oil into the floor one morning...
      Over-tightened the ferrule, did we?
      Jeepasaurus (Wagonus Grandi quadropedus)
      88 GW 360-.030 over/2150/727/229/Posi, e-pump, AC (broke), tow package, Monroe Air Shocks, TFI, CTO-Free, AIR-free, oil & tranny coolers, dried knuckle blood all over, GM 350 TBI in a box, waiting...
      "You're an FSJ'r when the parts guys memorize your name, phone & credit card#."

Comment

• FSJ Guy
        • Mar 20, 2005

On the Jeep I had that didn't have an oil pressure gauge, I installed an aftermarket electric gauge. I didn't want the mechanical gauge's plastic tube breaking and spewing hot oil onto the exhaust manifold AGAIN. ;-)
        Ethan Brady
        1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

• threepiece
          350 Buick
          • Sep 17, 2005

I just installed a mechanical guage in my J20. I did not like the plastic or copper tubing that is often used so I used 3/16" steel brake line. I mounted a bracket to the stud that the heater box mounts to and connected a hydraulic hose from there to the engine.
          FSJ Hybrid build thread: http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/...ad.php?t=43332
          We are Borg, but we don't know it yet.
          We are being assimilated but we don't know it yet.
          Resistance is not futile yet.
          Are you and your children connected yet?

Comment

Working...
          X